An extra layer of security to keep your Owners Direct account secure.
What is Two-Factor Authentication?
When you log in today, access to your account is protected with your username and password.
Even if you have chosen a strong password to protect your account, common actions such as clicking a link in a spoof email or downloading malicious software from the internet can put your details at risk. When a fraudster steals your credentials, they can lock you out of your account and intercept your enquiries and bookings by impersonating you. Two-Factor Authentication adds an extra layer of security by sending a verification code to the mobile number we have on file for your account. We will ask you to do this when you log in using a new or unrecognised device.
How does Two-Factor Authentication work?
First Time Set Up
- The first time you log in to your account after we have enabled Two-Factor Authentication, you will be prompted to enter your mobile or landline phone number.
- We will send a verification code to your mobile number via SMS or automated phone call.
- Enter the code into the website to proceed to your Dashboard.
Future Log ins
- Each time you log in from a new or unrecognised device, we will send you a verification code to your mobile phone via SMS or automated phone call.
- You will need to enter the verification code into the website to continue to your Dashboard.
- If you select 'Remember this device', you will not be prompted to enter a verification code when you log in during the next 12 months. (You should not do this if you are using a public or shared device.)
Adding or Updating Phone Numbers
You can add additional numbers to your account or update existing numbers by going to Account Settings in your Dashboard.