Fully renovated self-catering. Relax in this comfortable and peaceful retreat
This property is an absolute delight for those seeking the charms of a quiet and peaceful setting to unwind and enjoy the warm and friendly atmosphere of village life that Pietrapaola has to offer. The holiday house has been fully renovated with modern kitchen appliances for complete self-catering, a new bathroom, and a spacious lounge and dining room. The upstairs bedroom has a queen bed with 2 extra single fold-up beds to accommodate 4 people. The house is ideally suited for short and long term rentals. The historic village and picturesque farmlands provide an ideal setting to indulge your artistic passions and enjoy the rich abundance of fresh foods and locally produced world famous Ciro wines and private vineyards. Take a short drive to Pietrapaola marina for sun bathing and a refreshing swim at the beach . For those more active, the Sila Grande national park abounds with hiking and mountain biking opportunities.
Top Traveller Review
Un petit commentaire en français ?
About the Owner
5 based on 5 holidaymaker reviews
Un petit commentaire en français ?
OK, comme je vois que la plupart n'écrivent qu'en anglais, hé bien en voici un en français, ma langue maternelle de Belge de Bruxelles, si ça peut aider les unilingues francophones de passage sur ce site. Oui-oui, voici bien une adresse à conseiller aux personnes désireuses de se ressourcer dans un endroit tout-à-fait typique de l'Italie profonde et qui aiment les contacts personnels avec les gens du cru, les chansons de rue le soir, l'accordéon ... Les lacets menant à la plage sont nombreux, mais le paysage est magnifique et est un plaisir en soi. Une excellente expérience, à n'en point douter !
Peace & Tranquility
If you are a writer trying to finish your novel, an artist wanting to sketch Italian village life of a past era, or just looking for a tranquil place to spend some time relaxing and reading, then this is the place for you. My wife and I enjoyed our stay in Pietrapaola. The apartment is quaint and has all the right touches. The people are kind and generous (I am biased because this is my grandfather's hometown) and the town itself is charming and interesting. Just keep in mind that there are few reliable services here (no restaurants) and the bus schedule is somewhat erratic. So make sure you have a car so you can head down to the marina when necessary.
Also, dealing with owners Peter and Rhonda was a pleasure and all the transactions and communications went smoothly.
Winter holiday in Pietrapaola
We spent two weeks in this prettily renovated house midway through Pietrapaola a quaint old village located between two big cavernous rocks. The house, particularly the kitchen is well provided with everything (even with oven) and very tidy just as we had all support we needed from the helpful people taking care of the house. We were also really excited about the pleasant people of Pietrapaola all receiving us cordially, we had a nice time sitting on the village square with bonfire etc. Even in winter we had pleasant weather conditions, especially for hiking in the mountains, olivary and orange plantations, canyons and forests nearby Pietrapaola.
The house is really lovely, well decorarted and perfectly furnished.
The little village is really romantic and located in a beautiful landscape. It takes only 12 minutes by care to reach the fantastic beach. The neighbours are friendly.
Dear Peter and Rhonda, thanks again for this amazing vaccation.
Una casa deliziosa in un paesino magico
Pietrapaola è un piccolo paese davvero speciale, ben tenuto dagli abitanti e in una splendida posizione. E' un'ottima base per escursioni sia al mare sia nella Sila. E' indispensabile avere la macchina.
La casa è molto graziosa, ristrutturata di recente e ben rifinita. Non manca nulla di ciò che serve (inclusa lavatrice, aspirapolvere e attrezzature varie per la cucina). Ci siamo trovati molto bene.
Pietrapaola is a very special little town, well kept by the inhabitants and a great location. It 'a good base for trips to the sea and the Sila. You need have a car. The house is very nice, newly renovated and well refined. There is anything you need (including washing machine, vacuum cleaner and various equipment for the kitchen). We enjoyed it very much.
Activity and Interests
The Mare di Jonio and beach is only 20 minutes drive down the mountain through the scenic farmland that is lined with groves of ancient olive trees. Avoid the summer crowds of other well known destinations and experience the warm and friendly culture that Calabria has to offer..the traditional Italian way of life.
The ancient towns of Crotone, Rossano and Cosenza are all within a leisurely days drive and offer a mix of the old historico Centro and the new vibrant Italian shopping experience, from the boutique galleries to the modern shopping centres.
Sampling the fresh produce of the local farmers and vinyards makes dining-in a different experience everyday. Dining-out at the family owned restaurants at nearby Pietrapaola marina, Mandatoriccio, Mirto, Cariati, San Giovanni, Ciro Marina.
For a truly relaxing crowd avoiding holiday recharge your batteries at Pietrapaola. Come and enjoy!
Other Activities: Dining out, village bars.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
1 Mar 2016 - 31 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£126|
150 Euros Security Deposit with every booking to hold availability
Bookings confirmed only when the security deposit has been received in advance and rental terms and conditions have been signed and approved. Funds Transfer fees are at the renters expense.
Full rental payment is due prior to rental period for stays less than 8 weeks.
Security deposit and full payment are due for weekly rentals at the time of booking. For longer term rentals payments are 1 month in advance.
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Parking On Street
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- 4 Ring Stove
- Cooking Utensils
- Dining Area
- CD Player
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- winery tours
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- bay fishing
- 110 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom is fully renovated with modern tiles and fittings. It is equipped with an electric hot water system and a front loading washing machine.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed, 2 Single Bed
- Large spacious bedroom with huge built in wardrobe, dressing table, bedside tables and reading lamps. The main bed has a new queen size mattress. The 2 single beds are new quality fold down type with a thick comfortable mattress. All linen is provided. There are 2 windows on either side to alllow flow through air that rises up the valley in the afternoon in summer. The windows are double glazed and have lockable shutters. Additonal appliances include: ironing board and iron, vacuum cleaner, portable clothes airers
- The accomodation is modern and comfortable for the astute holiday maker without being cluttered. The house is secure with a key lockable front security grill. All windows have lockable double glazed panels and shutters. You are constantly reminded of the history of the location by the structure of the house and the surrounding buildings of the village. Towering over the village is a spectacular rock outcrop that defines Pietrapaola. The village is friendly, quiet and tranquil. You can set your own pace and avoid the crowds of the major tourist areas. You can travel through the ancient countryside enjoying the vistas once inhabited by the Greeks and visit the ruins of the defensive wall of Hanibal nearby that once stretched across the countryside in ancient times. The farmland produces fresh produce to cook, or the local restaurants will satisfy your appetite. For your little luxuries a supermarket is near the beach only 20 minutes drive. Pietrapaola has something for everyone.