Luxury retreat sleeps 11, with T.V. Room, private pool, sauna and dining terrace
Overlooking the Central Lake and just 6 minutes’ drive from central Menaggio, this WIFI-enabled retreat (ID 875) with private pool offers a carefree hillside haven for couples and flexible groups of 11.
With lake views, contemporary-style home comfort and all the must-have luxury features including a private outdoor pool, sauna, dining terrace and a separate TV room, the holiday Duplex promises a truly unforgettable year-round escape.
The ground floor kitchen diner leads down a few steps to a lovely open lake view living room with SAT TV. Made for effortless entertaining and home comfort whatever the season, the open plan layout is fully air-conditioned and benefits from a lovely ambient fireplace as well as direct access out to a sunny private lake view terrace. A fabulous Movie room also features to the lower ground floor.
The 4 lake view bedrooms and 4 modern bathrooms (1 with Jacuzzi) offer both a versatile dose of family-friendly and couple-friendly appeal; with 2 Double lake view bedrooms, a Twin Joinable lake view bedroom, a spacious child-friendly lake view bedroom for 3 and a Double sofa bed to the lower ground floor TV room.
Outside, a sunny private garden lets you kick off and relax in style. A covered decked poolside terrace invites guests to uniwnd here throughout the day, whilst a lovely outdoor pool is sure to be a big hit with everyone. The flexible holiday retreat further benefits from a private parking space and a garage.
From its conveniently-placed hillside location along the main road, guests are within easy reach of the Menaggio & Cadenabbia Golf Club, the Loveno Tennis Club, some highly-recommended local Agroturismo restaurants and the many amenities and ferry links of Menaggio (6 minutes’ drive away).
Active fans can enjoy close proximity to the surrounding hiking routes, horse riding centres of Porlezza, the lake swimming spots, Lido di Menaggio and kayak and power boat hire opportunities of Menaggio, as well as the sailing and wind surfing clubs of nearby Cremia, Dongo, Domaso and Gravedona.
The perfect starting point for exploring the Central Lake; guests can easily reach Varenna, Bellagio, the villa attractions, Tremezzina hiking routes, Piani di Bobbio ski resort and the shore of Lake Lugano.
Open plan Living room:
• A bright and contemporary lake view living space with terrace access
• Provides an effortless setting for year-round entertaining, with a chic fireplace and a relaxed open plan flow to enjoy
• Features a sumptuous sofa suite, a wall-mounted flat screen SAT TV and a music stereo
Lower-Ground Floor TV Room:
• A fabulous relaxed sitting room, furnished with a Double sofa bed, a large flat screen TV and state-of-the-art entertainment system
• Features terrace and garden access
Eating In ~
Open Plan Kitchen Diner:
• A sleek high-gloss integrated kitchen with dining area for 6
• Fitted with all the must-have appliances including a cooker hob, oven, microwave, coffee machine and dishwasher
• Accompanied by all the necessary cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery
• The indoor dining area is accompanied by a sunny lake view dining terrace
The modern 4 bed 4 bath retreat is ideally-suited for 2-3 couples and flexible family groups of 11.
• Romantic Double bedroom with lake views
• A flexible child-friendly bedroom with lake views and a wardrobe
• Furnished with a modern bunk bed for 2 and a single bed with pull out option (for 3)
• Romantic Double bedroom with lake views and terrace access
• Complemented by a wardrobe
• A flexible guest bedroom with lake views
• Furnished with a set of Twin Joinable beds and a wardrobe
A Double sofa bed for 2 and a useful wardrobe features to the basement lake view living room, with terrace access.
Single adult camp beds and infant baby cots can also be provided upon request (for an extra cost).
The modern retreat is perfectly suited for full-on family stays; with 4 contemporary fitted bathrooms also to hand.
• Fitted with a power shower, wash basin and WC
• Fitted with a Luxury Jacuzzi, wash basin, heated towel rack, WC and bidet
• Fitted with a power shower, wash basin, heated towel rack, WC and bidet
• Fitted with a power shower, wash basin and WC
The WIFI-enabled holiday duplex is perfectly suited for year-round stays, and is equipped with cosy central heating, a fireplace and air-conditioning. A luxury sauna also offers the perfect excuse to unwind in style during the colder months, or after a fun day out on the nearby ski slopes of Piani di Bobbio!
A hairdryer, washing machine, tumble dryer, clothes horse and ironing facilities also feature inside the property.
In all 6 sun loungers feature outside. The 2-storey duplex features 29 internal steps and 5 external steps.
Due to the hillside location of the property, a car is recommended for your stay.
The ground floor lake view terrace offers an idyllic sunny spot from which to enjoy a memorable alfresco feast. The lower level garden offers a pretty sunny lawn too, alongside a chic covered sitting area and a lovely private outdoor pool (unheated). The sun loungers invite you to relax out in the sun, whilst the distant lake views serve as the perfect day-night back drop.
A private garage and parking space are provided.
Menaggio offers many leisure pursuits too, including kayak hire, power boat rental, fishing and cycling along its lakeside and hiking, tennis and golf up on its hillside. Perfectly placed along the desirable central western shore, the pretty resort town places guests at the perfect starting point for reaching the Tremezzina restaurants, lidos, walking routes (Sacro Monte di Ossuccio, Greenway del Lago, San Martino) and beautiful Villa attractions (Villa Carlotta and Villa Balbianello) and also the Central Lake resorts of Bellagio (for tourist shopping, the Villa Melzi and Villa Serbelloni gardens, the Jungle Raider Park and the Extreme Outdoor Sport club) and Varenna (for Hotel Villa Cipressi, Villa Monastero, Castello di Vezio).
The Italian Alp Ski resorts of Piani di Bobbio and Madesimo (within 85 minutes’ drive away) and the delights of Lake Lugano and the fashionable Swiss lake city of Lugano (under 38 minutes’ drive away) all await your enjoyment too.
Como city is 52 minutes’ drive away and can easily be reached by bus or fast passenger ferry from Menaggio. Milan is 1.5 hours’ drive away (the Lombardy capital is also reachable by train from Varenna and the S. Giovanni station in Como). The closest airports to the property are Milan Malpensa (78 minutes’ drive) and Lugano Airport (48 minutes’ drive).
About the Manager
Activity and Interests
The hillside setting offers close proximity to the surrounding Agroturismo restaurants, hiking routes, the prestigious Menaggio & Cadenabbia Golf Club and the Loveno Tennis Club.
Just 6 minutes’ drive away, the supermarkets, shops, restaurants, Central Lake ferry stop and picturesque lakeside centre of Menaggio can be reached. A beautiful lakeside promenade with views of Bellagio leads to mini golf and the Lido di Menaggio, just a short stroll away from the centre. At the Lido guests can easily unwind; with a sandy beach offering you the perfect excuse to enjoy a spot of sunbathing, with a chilled drink from the on-site bar. A fabulous on-site restaurant will keep you more than satisfied whilst the volley ball, kids park, lake and pool swimming opportunities will ensure everyone is kept happy. The Lido is also the perfect place to come to in the evenings; for a classic aperitif moment at the vibrant bar, an ambient evening meal or for a fun night of dancing under the stars.
By booking this holiday home you will get free acces to the lido di Menaggio. The Lido di Menaggio has swimming pools, a restaurant, a bar/discotheque, a kids club, boat rentals, a sandy beach, kite surfing and various sportive activities to do.
Additional Sport & Adventure Activities include:
Bike Rentals, Boat Rentals/Charters, Canoeing/Kayaking, Float Plane/Helicopter, Funicular Railway, Park, Public Transportation, Public Villas & Gardens and Rowing Boats.
There are Golf clubs around Lake Como: The Menaggio & Cadenabbia Golf Club is Italy's oldest golf course. Established in 1907 with 18 holes Par 70, it is located above Menaggio near Croce, in Grandola ed Uniti, approx. 20 min. by car. Green Fees: Weekdays €55, Weekends and Holidays €70 Euros; Golf Cart Rental €36.
Restaurant Golf at the club serves fantastic food and is well recommended.. Guests are always welcome, please call Golf Club Menaggio beforehand to check course rules.
This beautiful lake region of Italy is not the best for skiing as you may imagine, despite its scenery, crisp air and near perfect visibility and mountains capped in winter snow. It does however have Skiing opportunities at local resorts for a day out.
There is a small ski area on Mt. Lema, not more than 10 km from Lugano, but you have to be lucky to have enough snow for skiing. In Ticino, the local Swiss Canton, the best places to ski are probably either San Bernardino (south of the pass of the same name) or Airolo (south of Gotthard pass). Both are reachable in about 1 hour by car across the Swiss border.
There are direct trains to Airolo as well from Lugano and hence from Italian Stations. To S. Bernardino there is only a bus connection. For more snow try Andermatt (on the north side of Gotthard pass) which has normally good snow conditions and a good choice of runs.
The closest major ski resorts are Madesimo and St. Moritz toward the Splugen Pass, which is approx.100km.
- Service Charge:
Our one & two weekly service charges are inclusive of final cleaning, bed linen, towels, heating, utilities & air-conditioning (if installed in the holiday property). Tea towels & beach towels are not supplied. If your booking is for more than one week, clean linen & towels will be provided on a weekly basis.
Additional Service Charge: €175 (7 days & less) & €225 (7 days plus)
2 night break - 50% off weekly tariff / 3 night break - 40% off weekly tariff / 4 night break - 30% off weekly tariff / 5 night break - 20% off weekly tariff / 6 night break - 10% off weekly tariff.
- Available arrival
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning
- Garage ...
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Sofa Bed
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- Television ...
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Pool ...
- Sauna ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- water parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- water skiing
- 375 m²
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Jacuzzi, Bidet, Jacuzzi Tub
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 3 Child Bed, 1 Set Bunk Beds plus 1 Pull Out Single Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed, Twin Joinable beds
- Bedroom 5 - 1 Sofa bed/Futon, Double Sofa Bed situated in Living Area
- Terrace ...
- Garden ...
- The WIFI-enabled holiday duplex is perfectly suited for year-round stays, and is equipped with cosy central heating, a fireplace and air-conditioning. A luxury sauna also offers the perfect excuse to unwind in style during the colder months, or after a fun day out on the nearby ski slopes of Piani di Bobbio! A hairdryer, washing machine, tumble dryer, clothes horse and ironing facilities also feature inside the property. By booking this holiday home you will get free acces to the lido di Menaggio. The Lido di Menaggio has swimming pools, a restaurant, a bar/discotheque, a kids club, boat rentals, a sandy beach, kite surfing and various sportive activities to do.