House with 1 bathroom and 9 sleeps.
House near Haugesund with garage, boathouse, private pier and beach.
Excellent fishing conditions with salmon, trout and any salt-water fish.
Take day trips to Hardangerfjorden or Lysefjorden.
The Grindafjord camping lies only two kilometres away.It has lot of activites such as minigolf,trampolines,farm animals and a great waterworld with slides into the water.Non-campers are welcomed but you have to pay a small entrance fee. You can also get served food at Grindafjord camping.At least once a week they serve 'Komle' which is a traditional dish where the main ingridient is potatoes.
Skjoldastaumen have the only functionable saltwater sluice/floodgate in Norway. Apart from the historical aspects of this beautiful place it also has a grocery-store and a gas station.
Notaflåt is a public beach located in Skjoldastaumen. It is whelelchair-friendly and have an beach-volleyball court.
Aksdal center is the closest center for shopping..Here you have the tourist information office,bank,post, and about 20 stores.It also have a library and an indoor swimming-pool and an indoor-climbing wall. Behind the center you can see the Aksdal-lake.
Skjoldastaumen Church from 1910. Here rests my great-grandfather who build our holiday house.
About the Owner
Welcome to our holiday rental house which is located in Grindafjord, in Tysvær kommune,near Haugesund.
The house is owned by my brother,Nils Arne Oddenes, and myself,Jan Eirik Oddenes.
Our good friend Mr Jostein Søvik is our helping hand..He lives nearby and can be helpful with all sorts of matters.
Activity and Interests
The house is located near Haugesund,in Rogaland,which is a beautiful city between Stavanger and Bergen.
It is not far to Hardangerfjorden or Lysefjorden.
The roads to Tysvær(Tysvaer)
Tysvær has many fjords and beautiful scenery with its steep hills and wild nature.
The center of Tysvær is Aksdal which is a small center located a few kilometres away from Grindafjord.
It is only 20 kilometres into Haugesund City which has its own airport (Karmøy lufthavn) and
numerous of ferry lines.
Tysvær is easily accessed since all the main roads goes through Aksdal. (E39Stavanger -Bergen and E134 Oslo-Haugesund)
Either you are coming in from Oslo/Bergen or from Stavanger/Haugesund make sure to turn towards Grinde ( the roadnumber is 515) in the big roundabout.
The house number is 378.
The street name is 'Skjoldastraumvegen'.
The GPS co-ordinates is :
N 59º 25.863 and E 5º 30.631
(not 100% accurate,but close enough)
Tysvær ist leicht von Stavanger/Haugesund und Bergen/Oslo zugreiten.
- Please send an e-mail and tell me when you want to rent it, and I will give you a price.
The prices vary from 4500 to 8000 NOK per week.
- Available arrival
- Sports & Activities
- Local Maps
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Pantry Items
- Dining Room
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- pier fishing
- ski lift pass
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- 120 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, washing machine
- The bathroom is up to date and fully renewed.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 1 Single Bed, 1 Child Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Single Bed
- It has 4 bedrooms with four large beds and 2 single beds.And a child bed. There are also an extra double bed on the second floor of the boathouse.Please note that the room is not isolated. The are also 3 fold-out beds in the house. Two of the king size beds are brand new,bought in the Easter 2012. Madrasses to one of the large double beds are also brand new,bought in the Easter 2012. One of the bedrooms is also renewed in the Easter 2012. The other bedrooms in the second floor will be renewed before the 2013 season.
- Deck Chairs
- Boat Dock
- Inflatable Boat
- Kayak / Canoe
- Large Cooler
- Small Cooler
- Walkway to Water
- A little explanation about fishing in Grindafjord: At the bottom of Grindafjord everything is dead because of the lack of oxygen.Usually we only fish down to 20 metres or so.Even so,you can catch 'deep-water' fish like cod(torsk,as we call it in Norway) or pollack(lyr) Saithe/coalfish (sei) is also a local resident. There is also plenty of rather large Eel (ål) in the fjord. Mackrell (makrell) is fun and easy to catch and a great sight when they hunt herring(sild) on a calm surface. Since there is less salt and more fresh water in Grindafjord the water is kind of brackish and perfect for trout(ørret) fishing. The Grindafjord trout is known to be especially tastefull and in big numbers. We also have salmon(laks) i Grindafjord. Every year salmon swims up a tiny river in the fjord that ends up to a water called 'Fugalvatnet', to mate. In 'Fuglavatnet' you have to buy a fishing liscence to fish.You can buy that at the Shell gas station in Aksdal.