Luxury Manoir, heated indoor pool, jacuzzi, outdoor pool, tennis court, 30 acres
A grand 18th century Gascon Manoir. Boutique luxury overlooking the verdant, sun-drenched valleys of South West France.
Updated for the 21st century.
Outside: sprawling landscaped gardens and terraces, a stunning pool and a brand new tennis court – all with spectacular views – set amidst 30 acres of pristine meadow and woodland.
Inside: 10,000 square feet of space, including 10 double bedrooms, a luxurious heated indoor pool and 9 person jacuzzi, a double-height entertainment area, a concert piano, satellite-enabled flat-screen TVs, a multi-zone Sonos/Bose digital sound system and Wi-Fi throughout.
All exclusively for your enjoyment.
The house and gîtes: This large Gascon farm house, dating in parts from the 1700s, is built on a hillside over three levels. It opens to reveal a spacious interior, beautifully equipped and styled.
The ground floor is tiled throughout with hand-crafted terracotta tiles, beneath which lies an underfloor pipe system which keeps the house warm in winter and cool in summer. The salon – opening out on to a west-facing veranda – features an original limestone fireplace, open on both sides. The house has Wi-Fi throughout. A Sonos digital sound system powers integrated Bose speakers in three zones: entertainment area, games room and master bedroom. Browse our music library and if it’s not your taste then you can connect your iPods/iPads directly to the system!
The two gîtes are modern duplexes formed out of the Lavayssière barn building. The ground floor of each gîte consists of an open-plan kitchen/diner/living area. Upstairs are two double bedrooms and a bathroom with both bath and shower.
The indoor pool and jacuzzi: The 4m x 11m indoor pool, situated in the barn, is heated to 30°C, for year-round use. The folding floor-to-ceiling windows open to the fresh air in the summer months. In winter the windows afford views of secluded gardens while guests enjoy a swim in balmy temperatures. Relax and unwind in the full-featured 9-seat jacuzzi, heated to 38°C.
The pool area features integrated Bose speakers run from a state-of-the art Sonos digital music system. An iPod dock allows guests to play their own music across the system. Changing, bathroom and shower facilities are available directly from the pool.
Grounds, outdoor pool and tennis court: 30 acres of Lavayssière are available for your exclusive use during your stay. Mature gardens surround the house; garden paths, limestone terraces and wooden decks link it all together. Beyond the gardens, walk across the meadows, explore the woods down to the stream at the bottom of the valley. With luck you’ll catch a glimpse of deer drinking at the pond or feeding on fallen pears.
Surrounded by orchards the house and gites occupy a commanding position over the valley: enjoy stunning views of the Gascon countryside; watch the sun set over the impossibly picturesque village of Bardigues.
Swim in the outdoor 5m x 10m pool, or simply relax on sun loungers. For fitness and fun in equal measure take advantage of our brand-new all-weather tennis court.
Top Traveller Review
A stunning holiday house with fabulous views!
About the Owner
(28 traveller reviews)
A stunning holiday house with fabulous views!
Even before we had arrived at the property we were impressed with the professionalism and helpfulness of the owners Jemma and Ronan. We hired the house and both gites for a week with 21 members of our family. The house was beautiful, tastefully decorated and had everything we needed. Both of the swimming pools, the jacuzzi and the tennis court were very well maintained and were enjoyed by all of us. We tended to eat on the lower terrace to make the most of the views of the surrounding countryside. There are so many things enjoy in the grounds that we hardly needed to leave the property but we did enjoy Auvillar and Moissac. I would have no hesitation in recommending this house as a wonderful holiday home.
A wonderful property
A fantastic 2 week stay at Lavayssiere with 4 other families. The house is simply wonderful with everything you could possibly need and so much space that it never felt crowded even with 21 people. The property was very clean and well maintained and is set in a beautiful location. There is lots to do locally from the energetic such as canoeing on the Tarn, cycling on the canal, parcour (climbing) and walking to more relaxing activities such as sightseeing and enjoying the local restaurants but we also spent lots of time lounging by the pool. Would definitely return given the chance and would recommend to anyone seeking a property of this size. Quite simply one of the best holidays we have ever had.
Beautiful property in stunning location
The property is beautiful and extremely well maintained throughout. the Gardens are also lovely and plenty of areas to explore. Pools were extremely clean and the indoor pool bigger than it appears on the photo (ideal for the odd day of rain!). The gites are very spacious and ideal for slightly larger families travelling with a wider group of friends. Highly recommended for groups of friends or (very) large families. Ronan (owner) was extremely helpful throughout the booking process and providing comprehensive information on the property and local area. Also extremely helpful when we were there and needed assistance with language. Thanks
Idyllic Country House
Three generations of our family and close friends stayed for a fortnight in this beautiful house in Bardigues. It is very much a family home and perfect for small people with lots of toys and a trampoline and two pools. We had meals delivered each day from the very lovely local Auberge de Bardigues. The house is ideally situated on the Route of St James and so there are many stunning nearby medieval villages and towns to explore. We received a great deal of helpful advice and assistance from the owners and would certainly consider going again.
Fabulous Property in Beautiful Location
The beautiful and spacious main property accommodated all of us for sociable mealtimes and evenings but the separate gites gave all three families their own space. The pool areas - inside and out - are fabulous. The property is well equipped with everything you need and has been beautifully designed and furnished throughout. Lots to do in the local area and the owners provided comprehensive info on everything from restaurants to supermarkets to local markets and events. First class service in a beautiful property which is perfect for large gatherings of family or friends of all ages. The views from every aspect are gorgeous. Would highly recommend.
Beautiful manoir set in glorious surroundings
We spent a wonderful week with friends at Lavayssiere. The house and gites were very well appointed, with great attention to detail to make guests very comfortable. Both pools were very well enjoyed by both the younger and the older members of our party, including a pool party one night! The tennis court was great and it was brilliant to have plenty of racquets and balls available for use. Roman the owner was incredibly helpful, providing us with comprehensive house and area notes....the high wire event particularly well received but I still have the bruises! A wonderful time was had by all and hopefully we can return again soon.
Activity and Interests
A luxury country house estate set in the French South West, between Toulouse and Bordeaux, Lavayssière lies above a valley with stunning views over the Gascon countryside. The estate extends to 30 acres of meadow and woodland, bounded by the fields and orchards of neighbouring farms. Savour the classic bucolic tranquillity of “La France profonde”.
About 20 minutes walk across the valley lies the village of Bardigues, a pretty hamlet with an exceptional restaurant, the Auberge de Bardigues. A 5-minute drive takes you to the spectacular Gallo-Roman town of Auvillar – perched above the river Garonne with commanding views of Quercy to the north. Moissac is 20 minutes drive away. Its 12th century Romanesque abbey and cloisters – one of the most beautiful in France – is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
2 Apr 2017 - 6 May 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Lavayssière is rented out year round. Guests have exclusive access to the entire property during their stay, including 30 acres of meadow and woodland, private tennis court, indoor and outdoor pools.
Arrival: Saturday after 4pm. Check out: Saturday by 10am. You will be greeted on arrival with a welcome pack and champagne. There are 10 bedrooms in total, sleeping up to 22, plus 2 cots for babies.
A 25% deposit is required to secure a reservation. A refundable security deposit of €1,200 (or £1,000) per week is payable with the balance two months prior to arrival. There is a 10% reduced-occupancy discount for 12 guests sleeping in the house only. Weekend reservations are possible with a reduction of up to 30% of the weekly price - occasionally we offer weekends at €2500. Enquire for details!
- chateau / country house
- Activities Guide
- Basic Soaps
- Filtered Water
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Macintosh Computer
- Mobile Phone
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street
- Security System
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Books - Fiction / Non-fiction
- Books for Kids
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Games for Kids
- Music Library
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Hot Tub
- Indoor Hot Tub
- Indoor Pool
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Pool
- Private Chef
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 1000 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet
- Bathroom 6 - Toilet
- Bathroom 7 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 8 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 9 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 10 - Toilet
- Bathroom 11 - Shower Enclosure
- In the house: the en suite to the master bedroom has a terrace with panoramic views of the estate, providing a stunning backdrop to the blue Moroccan-tiled bathroom with double sinks, bath and wet room shower. The 'Red' bedroom has an en suite mosaic-tiled shower room. The 'Blue' and 'Green' bedrooms share a family bathroom (with shower) decorated with Moroccan tiles. The en suite walk-in shower room of the 'Yellow' bedroom downstairs features Provencal tiles. There are two further bathrooms off the cloak-room and in the lower-ground floor next to the games room. In the gites: The bedrooms upstairs share a modern bathroom with both bath and shower. The 'independent bedroom' has an en suite shower room. The indoor pool features a 9-person jacuzzi heated to 37°C, a WC and a separate shower room.
- 10 Bedrooms, Sleeps 20
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed, 2 Child Bed
- Bedroom 5 - 2 Single Bed, 2 Cot
- Bedroom 6 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 7 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 8 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 9 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 10 - 2 Single Bed, 1 Cot
- In the house: the master bedroom (super king-size bed or two singles) has a decked balcony overlooking the grounds. The 'Red' bedroom also features a super king-size bed or two singles). The large 'Blue' and 'Green' bedrooms each offer 2 single beds. Low beams, sea-grass matting and gentle hues create a clean rustic look. A double pull-out bed for children is available for a supplement. Three costs are available at no additional cost. The 'Yellow' bedroom downstairs (king-size bed) has easy ground-floor access. Shuttered windows give it a relaxing, traditional feel. In the gîtes: each gîte has a master bedroom upstairs with a four-poster queen-size bed and a second bedroom with two single beds. They feature room-width picture windows which open out on to the landscape. Between the gîtes is an ground-floor 'independent bedroom' which can form a third bedroom for either of the gîtes, or can be shared between the two, depending on guests’ preferences.
- Deck Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Bicycles ...
- Child's Swing
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Tennis Court
- Water Skis
- Wood Decking
- 10 garden chairs
- 5 deck chairs
- Max. occupancy: 20
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Events Allowed
- children welcome
- The property boats Wi-Fi throughout. A Sonos digital sound system powers integrated Bose speakers in three zones: entertainment area, games room and master bedroom. Browse our music library and if it’s not your taste then you can connect your iPod/iPad directly to the system! The ‘piano room’ offers a brand new concert piano as well as a 36-inch flat screen TV (UK Freesat) with up-to-date DVD library. The fireplace features a magnificent contemporary double-sided wood-burning stove for cooler evenings. There is ample firewood, harvested from our forest. The entire ground floor features an underfloor pipe system which keeps the house warm in winter and cool in summer. In the games room you’ll find a table tennis table and a host of equipment for outdoor fun: badminton sets, croquet set, pétanque set, cricket equipment, bikes, trikes and scooters. A Little Tikes duplex house (best for 2- to 5-year olds) is also available.