Gourdon - Fantastic location for a family reunion or for a group of friends
Le Manoir has everything you could possible need to ensure you have the best holiday. Not only is it completely secluded, but the house is situated in it's own 13 hectares of beautiful fields and woodland - perfect for exploring. It can sleep 16 adults, 2 children and 2 babies with 8 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms.
Located just 3km from the picturesque Bastide town of Gourdon, Le Manoir is perfectly situated to explore the Dordogne and Lot rivers. There is something for everyone in this region whatever your budget. Châteaux Beynac, Castelnaud and Milandes are widely regarded as some of the best preserved buildings dating back to the 12th century and are only 25 minutes away. Unbelievably this region is also blessed with many of the World’s most important caves and areas of archaeological significance like Padirac, Pech Merle and Lascaux, while at Les Eyzies there are far too numerous to mention but include 147 pre-historic sites dating back 40,000 years.
Basically the property is two large houses which are join together to provide a huge, comfortable property which boasts 2 luxury fitted kitchens inside, plus an additional kitchen right next to the 15m by 6m pool, which is situated to the left of the house. The pool is surrounded by a spacious sun terrace, with umbrellas and sun lounges, and has it’s own cooker, fridge, BBQ and extra bathroom and shower, the perfect place for lunch on a hot summers day and for keeping your drinks cool so you don't have to keep returning to the main house.
When you drive up to this impressive looking property, there is a large parking area with a covered carport. You'll also see a large playground for children surrounded by trees, with swings, sandbox, slide and playhouse.
For the adults there is a badminton court, table tennis and bowling balls. There are also 2 bicycles to use, plus many blow-up toys for the pool - something for every age.
Go up the stairs to the large covered terrace area with dining table - imagine sitting here eating your breakfast while taking in the magnificent views of the surrounding countryside or perhaps in the evening watching the sun go down with a glass or two of the excellent local wines.
Every group who stays at Le Manoir receives a comprehensive 'Welcome Pack' made up of seasonal local produce including bread, wine, coffee, cheese and sausages etc so even if you arrive late your group will have something to eat.
About the Owner
About Roland Richardson
Activity and Interests
Your nearest town is Gourdon, which has everything you could need including banks, post office and cinema. It also has an Intermarche, Lidl, Casino and Carrefour supermarket and holds an excellent market every week selling fantastic local produce. Gourdon also boasts some excellent restaurants and cafes.
Châteaux Beynac, Castelnaud and Milandes are within 25 minutes drive and the World famous caves like Padirac, Pech Merle and Lascaux are within an hour away.
If you love gardening then the Dordogne and the Lot have some of the finest examples including Gardens of Marqueysac perched on limestone cliffs overlooking not only Château Beynac and Castelnaud, but also La Roque-Gageac – one of the many Villages of France in this region. The Lot also boasts the most beautiful village in France as voted for by the French themselves – Saint Cirq Lapopie, and also Rocamadour which has significant religious importance as well. The Medieval town of Sarlat, the perfectly preserved fortified Bastide villages of Monpazier and Domme are also well worth a visit.
This region has such a wide range of activities for young and old including canoeing, wine tours, boat trips, trekking, horse riding, hot air ballooning, painting or cooking retreats. It also doesn't have any heavy industry so the air is very pure and being sparsely populated, there is very little light pollution so you can easily see the Milky Way and so many stars on a clear night.
The region is also famous for it’s food including duck confit and foie gras as well as truffles, which can then be washed down with award-winning wines from the vineyards around Cahors.
All in all there is something for everyone in this region and Le Manoir will not disappoint as your base for exploring.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Jul 2017 - 2 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£847|
A refundable deposit of €1,000 is taken on arrival to cover any accidental damage to the property or contents.
Price does not include €250 cleaning supplement or the €17.50 per person surcharge for laundry
We respectfully ask our guests to depart by 10am. New arrivals will be able to gain access to the property after 4pm.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- chateau / country house
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Garage ...
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Toys ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- autumn foliage
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- mountain biking
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Toilet 2 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 5 - Shower Enclosure
- 5 bathrooms - 3 separate WC's, There is also a separate shower and toilet in the pool house so you don't have to walk back up to the main house.
- 8 Bedrooms, Sleeps 20
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Large Double Bed, With en-suite shower and toilet
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Bedroom 5 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 6 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 7 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 8 - 2 Child Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: It can sleep 20 adults Notes on bedrooms: 8 double bedrooms
- Bicycles ...
- Terrace ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Tennis ...
- 2 bicycles
- Notes on accommodation: All rooms have been tastefully decorated in a traditional French style. They all have exposed stone work and one of the doubles is actually situated in the pigonnier - a traditional tower which used to house the families pigeons - but don't worry - they're long gone. You can lie in bed looking up at the original oak beams. All the bedrooms have great views into the garden and beyond. Because the house is really 2 joined together, they both have separate entrances so are perfect for perhaps 2 families. There is so much space inside and out, you'll always be able to find a quiet spot to relax. Le Manoir will not disappoint - it's a top quality holiday home situated in stunning grounds away from the hustle and bustle of modern life. Everything has been thought of to make your stay the best possible. Outside: You are spoilt for choice at the Manoir when it comes to outdoor space. Not only have you got 13 hectares to explore, but there is also a huge fenced in pool area. All totally private. The pool is 15m x 6m pool and has a spacious sun terrace, with plenty of umbrellas and sun lounges and lots of toys to use in the pool. It also comes with it’s own summer kitchen, complete with cooker, fridge, BBQ and extra bathroom and shower, the perfect place for lunch on a hot summers day. The garden also has a large playground for children surrounded by trees, with swings, sandbox, slide and playhouse. For the adults there is a badminton court, table tennis and bowling balls. There are also 2 bicycles to use. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and bed linen are of top quality and are changed when each group departs ready for the next visitors. They are included in the price. Other: The dining room has a huge wooden table with enough seating for everyone to sit and enjoy the local cuisine.