Barn in Ullock, Nr. Cockermouth, Lake District, Cumbria, England - Peaceful Location With Amazing Views
This converted barn is situated at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac, with fabulous views to both the front and rear of the property. It is within a 5 minutes drive of the Lake District national park. Cockermouth is a 10 min drive away where you will find a Sainsburys supermarket and other local shops and amenities. The family owned barn has been recently re-furnished and has a warm welcoming feel. We will accept up to 2 well behaved dogs. (we are unfortunately unable to provide Wi-fi due to lack of available equipment from BT)
Top Traveller Review
Modern, clean and very well equipped
About the Owner
About Morag Bamber
The Stevenson family have owned this barn for over 10 years. We previously used it as a family get away, now we want to share it with others. It has recently been re-furbished with a warm and welcoming feel.
Morag Bamber purchased this barn in 2004
Why Morag Bamber chose England
Its an ideal get-away in a tranquil location.
(33 traveller reviews)
Modern, clean and very well equipped
We had a fantastic stay at the cottage over Christmas. We were visiting with our 2 year old and 4 month old and the cottage had plates, cups and bowls that were suitable for them. The cottage was warm and cosy and had everything you could need to make your stay comfortable. It was very peaceful and the bedrooms were very cosy. Morag provided us with excellent directions so we found the cottage easily. Will certainly recommend this place to friends.
A lot of thought had gone into making this Barn conversation very cosy and comfortable, making it feel like home from home. The water was always hot. The kitchen was the best equipped we had ever seen in a rental cottage and very comfortable to eat in. It was to cold to use the conservatory but it made the lounge lighter and had a pleasant outlook. The view from our bed in a morning was exceptional. Overall the Barn was just what we wanted and in the right location for a visit to Workington, Whitehave, Cockermouth and Keswick.
We really enjoyed our stay in the lakes and this gorgeous and homely barn conversion was perfect. Recently refurbished with lovely finishing touches, it has everything you need. Morag communicated well with us on our journey there and we had some lovely champagne chocolates as a welcome gift. Thank you for letting us stay!
The King family
Off the beaten path but quite lovely
Nice quiet stay in lovely surroundings
Beautiful view and amazing glass room, I with my friends had a nice time stay in here
I would say this hilltop place let me feel relaxing and real countryside life in here, what impressed me most is I could see beautiful views from my room and glass outside room every morning as well, I also enjoy chatting with my friends in living room, clean bathroom and kitchen, we can find everything we need...
Comfortable and well equipped property
Very tastefully furnished and well equipped accommodation set in a lovely part of the northern lakes.
From the Owner
“Its an ideal get-away in a tranquil location.”
Activity and Interests
M6 Junction Penrith - approx 45min drive
Cockermouth- approx. 15min drive
Keswick- approx. 30min drive
Workington- approx. 15min drive
Whitehaven (coast)- approx. 20min drive
Maryport (coast)- approx. 25min drive
Carlisle (shopping)- approx. 50min drive
Windermere- approx. 45min drive
See our own website for further info.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
Check in 2pm...Check out 10am
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Downstairs the main bathroom has a large walk in shower cubicle with a rainfall shower head, large basin, wc, heated towel rail and underfloor heating. Upstairs there is a separate wc with wash basin.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed, a cot is available
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (2 Bedrooms/sofa bed in lounge) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with kingsized bed. Bedroom 2 has two single beds. Very comfortable large sofa bed in living room
- Notes on accommodation: Check in from 2pm, Check out by 10am Non- smoking. Hilltop Barn has been furnished to a high standard with the holiday makers needs in mind. A car would be a essential. Nearest supermarket is in Cockermouth approx. 10 min drive away. Outside: Outside is a large garden overlooking the Solway Firth. Outdoor table and chairs, 2 sun loungers and rotary dryer. Utility Room: Within the utility room is a freezer, iron, ironing board and washer/dryer. Cleaning / Bed Linen /: The cottage is professionally cleaned once a week. We provide high quality bed linen, bath towels, tea towels and hand towels. Other: Leading off the living room is the conservatory which has a ceiling fan for hot summers days and a large leather corner sofa wonderful for looking out onto the garden and the fields beyond.