Fancy a romantic break in the heart of Leadhills?
Get back to the peace and tranquillity of village life with no interruptions. Enjoy cosy nights in with a beautiful log fire when it's chilly, or a walk in the hills of the Southern Uplands.
Flordes Cottage is a spacious single-storey accommodation in Leadhills - Scotland's second-highest village. It is ideal for couples, and has been designed and furnished with adults in mind. For that reason we cannot take bookings for children. The cottage is centrally heated (by oil) and also has a wood-burning stove. Bedding and towels are included, as are electricity and heating costs, along with a basket of logs for the wood-burning stove. There is also private parking for one car. This is a non-smoking property and we're sorry but we cannot accommodate pets.
The Living space comprises:
* Lounge: with 2 sofas (one of which converts to a bed), log burning stove and a TV.
* Dining Kitchen: with table and chairs, electric cooker, microwave, large fridge/freezer, toaster and kettle
* Bedroom: with double bed, wardrobe and drawers for storage
* Bathroom: with bath and electric shower, wash basin and loo.
Leadhills offers tranquillity, along with a variety of outdoor pursuits and visitor attractions, and is ideally located for touring central and southern Scotland. The village is about 1300 feet above sea level and its close neighbour, Wanlockhead, is Scotland's highest village at just over 1500 feet. You can travel on the highest adhesion narrow-guage railway, play golf on the highest golf course in Scotland, enjoy walks on the Southern Upland Way (or in the surrounding countryside), visit the historic lead mine or enjoy fishing and shooting in season. There is also an annual gold-panning competition in Wanlockhead and visitors can participate during the summer months. A new attraction for winter is the newly-opened ski slope. Leadhills sits in the Lowther Hills and is just half-an-hour's drive from junctions 13 or 14 on the M74. It is ideally situated for visiting Drumlanrig Castle, the forests and coast of Dumfries and Galloway, the towns of Biggar, Moffat or Dumfries, Lanark and the New Lanark Mills, and the cities of Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
The owner lives in Cleveleys,Lancashire, but the changeover and access are managed by a local resident.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Is a good size property and had all we required. Tidy and very clean. The only thing I would say is that the butterflies and extra bits were not to our taste and am sure it would make it easier to clean without those as they are really not needed in a holiday property. Just a thought!
Take care and thanks again.
Vicki & Mark
5 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
We had a lovely time staying in Flordes Cottage. The house is really nice, a good size for a one bed but cosy at the same time. It's very well equipped, has decent wifi and it was nice to get a welcome basket with chocolates and a bottle of wine on our arrival. Would book again.
Lovely cottage, beautiful nature, very kind owner. We enjoyed so much.
Perfect cottage !!
Stayed for a few nights and this is a perfect cottage peace and quiet and never a cold night with the log fire and could not ask for a better person too deal with than Sandra thanks again for a warm welcome.
Dream cottage break
Wonderfully equipped clean and tidy spacious cottage love love loved it the icing on the cake for me was the wonderfully romantic wood burning stove so pretty can't wait to go back lot of great walks and lovely country pub and little shop just perfect dream location ahhhh peace and quiet
From the Owner
“This is the perfect place to escape the bustle of modern life, including modern technology. RELAX!!!”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Visit nearby Wanlockhead for the Museum of Lead Mining and the British Gold Panning Championships,
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
23 Dec 2016 - 6 Jan 2017
Changeover Day: Friday
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
1 Jul 2017 - 30 Sep 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£50|
Deposit of £100 with booking
Balance due 21 days before date of arrival
Security deposit of £100 also charged to cover damages and will be explained in the Booking Confirmation.
Flexible. Arrival after 2:30pm; Departure before 11am.
Notes on prices:
MINIMUM STAY: – three (3) night minimum stay. If a rental is taken for less than three days, the guest will be charged the three-night rate of £190.00.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Village life as it used to be”
- Internet ...
- Dining Area
- non smoking only
- not suitable for children
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- bird watching
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom: with bath and electric shower, wash basin and loo.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom: with double bed, wardrobe and drawers for storage
- Notes on accommodation: The Living space comprises: Lounge: with 2 sofas (one of which converts to a bed), log burning stove, a TV and DVD/CD player. Dining Kitchen: with table and chairs, electric cooker, microwave, large fridge/freezer, toaster and kettle Bedroom: with double bed, wardrobe and drawers for storage Bathroom: with bath and electric shower, wash basin and loo. The cottage is cleaned and serviced before arrival and for stays of two weeks or more additional cleaning is supplied once a week. Extra cleaning may be arranged during your stay, but would incur additional charges.