Chalet in Carrick Bay, Kirkcudbright, Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland - 50 Metres From Beach. Safe, Coastal Retreat
Cragganmore is a beautiful, 3 bedroom property perched on Scotland’s spectacular southern coastline. Having been completely refurbished, the property offers the perfect getaway, situated at Carrick shore, a private, protected area of significant beauty. Cragganmore is owned and run by Kerr & Caroline and their son and his wife, Duncan & Vicki. We first set eyes on Cragganmore in may 2014 and fell in love straight away with the property, but also with Carrick itself. From the moment you leave the main road, you switch off, relax and forget about the outside world. It’s a very very special place. We live next to the coast on the far side of fleet bay, just 15 minutes away, but Carrick is still our escape. Carrick shore enjoys a unique, protected rural setting and provides a hideaway from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Situated only 3 miles from gatehouse of fleet, the safe Carrick shore is a place of unspoilt natural beauty boasting picturesque beaches and secluded coves. This haven of peace and tranquillity reflects in its way the overall beauty and charm of the area. There are many lovely walks to be had at the beach and around Carrick shore and visitors can also enjoy swimming, sailing, windsurfing or canoeing in the bay. Those less energetic can relax and enjoy the peace, meet up with friends and have a barbecue. There are a wealth of first class visitor attractions and superb restaurants all within a short drive of Cragganmore.
About the Owner
CRAGGANMORE IS OWNED AND RUN BY KERR & CAROLINE AND THEIR SON AND HIS WIFE, DUNCAN & VICKI. WE FIRST SET EYES ON CRAGGANMORE IN MAY 2014 AND FELL IN LOVE STRAIGHT AWAY WITH THE PROPERTY, BUT ALSO WITH CARRICK ITSELF. FROM THE MOMENT YOU LEAVE THE MAIN ROAD, YOU SWITCH OFF, RELAX AND FORGET ABOUT THE OUTSIDE WORLD. IT’S A VERY VERY SPECIAL PLACE. WE LIVE NEXT TO THE COAST ON THE FAR SIDE OF FLEET BAY, JUST 15 MINUTES AWAY, BUT CARRICK IS STILL OUR ESCAPE.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Daniel W - stayed at cragganmore for 3 nights which was not enough, the place is decorated to perfection no expense spared very homely and cosy. the views,the log fire was all bliss and very peaceful. we had kids age 4,5 and 8 for which there was plenty to do and little touches around house from owners duncan and vikki made this a perfect holiday.
Nat Jones - We stayed on 20th - 23rd march 15, such a lovely place to stay, lovely views and very welcoming hosts. Would deffinately stay again and recommend :)
Saly Dodds - We stayed here for the weekend and had a great time in a stunning chalet. The views from the chalet are outstanding. The children loved playing on the beach, making dams, walks in the sand, rock climbing, watching some amazing kite surfers etc. All on our doorstep and free! The chalet is of a very high standard and very well equipped. 5 star standard. Log burner stove is very homely and warm! Lovely welcome pack too! All in all a great place to stay and we will definitely be back. Would recommend this to anyone without hesitation.
From the Owner
“A release from everything. Cragganmore is in a protected national scenic area”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
there are lots of visitor and activity centres nearby - plenty to entertain all the family.
Carrick beach is 50 metres stroll from the house.
Nearest Village is gatehouse of fleet with local shops and restaurants.
To check availability, please visit our website www.cragganmoreholidayhouse.co.uk
- Booking Notes:
50 % deposit taken at time of booking. Settlement due 1 month prior to holiday.
In peak season, changeover day is Friday. short breaks Are available outside school holidays.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Forgetting about the outside world!”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Cragganmore has 2 bathrooms, one comprising of a toilet & handbasin, and the house bathroom. This enjoys a large bath, perfect for a long soak and a double shower over the bath.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Double bedroom 1 featuring stunning sea views and with integrated fitted wardrobes master bedroom, offering a kingsize double bed, large fitted wardrobes and panoramic sea views and smart tv bunk room with triple bunk ( full size double and single)
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: To check availability, please visit our website www.cragganmoreholidayhouse.co.uk Outside: Cragganmore is one of the few properties at Carrick which has a fully enclosed garden. There’s lots of grassy areas surrounding the house. The large decking area which leads to the front of the property provides a great area to enjoy an evening BBQ or a spot to take in the sun set. There is enough parking for up to 3 vehicles at Cragganmore. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: all towels and linen provided