Cottage in Stainton, nr. Kendal, Lake District, Cumbria, England - Peaceful Location 5 Minutes Walk To Canal Beautiful Walks All Around
Stone built cottage full of character, set by the river St Sunday's beck Stainton. 3 miles south of Kendal an absolutely beautiful idyllic location, lots of walks and canal near by. Traditional Cumbrian cottage, Oak beams, vaulted ceilings, and handmade kitchen. everyone who has visted have shown great admiration for the workmanship and attention to detail. Ideal base for lake windermere bowness consiston hawkshead Ambleside Yorkshire dales
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
(4 traveller reviews)
The cottage is in a lovely location with stunning views. Lots of walks you can go on and just a short drive from Windermere. Inside the cottage its beautiful and clean, I did not want to come home! The owner provides great service and was only a phone call away if we had any questions. Can't wait to come again
We stayed here in April just for a night away with friends, and i must say this is one of the most beautiful places ive stayed in, such a lovely spacious very modern cottage, everything needed is included! its perfect for a break away, not far from town centre, 5 minute drive! the surrounding areas are beautiful. The whole time we was there it was just absolutely fantastic! would definitely stay here again without a doubt! absolutely fantastic, 5*!!! :)
Stunning property in a perfect location
Beautiful cottage in a fantastic location, would highly recommend staying here and will definitely be staying here again myself. The owner provided great customer service and the property was immaculate. A 20 minute drive from Windermere made it a great location with lots to do. Thank you for letting us stay, we had an amazing weekend.
Immaculate, stylish cottage in an idyllic location
As soon as we arrived we were blown away with the standard and appeal of this lovely cottage in an idyllic location. Everything is just what you see from the photos, if not more, we loved it. Everything was perfect, clean and a pleasure to live in. A great place to go back to after a hard days walking, eating cake and seeing the breathtaking sights. We can't recommend this place highly enough. Plus the owners are so friendly.
Activity and Interests
Morecambe bay is only 6 miles away arnside
Kendal 4 miles, Windermere 16 miles, Milnthorpe 3 miles, Cartmel 10 miles, Newby bridge 15 miles, South lake animal park 25 miles
Local shops are approx 3 miles away. Kendal is a old market town which is full of restaraunts, coffee bars, takeaways, traditional pubs, book shops, clothes shops, antiques, art galleries, shopping arcades, banks, tourist information etc or Milnthorpe also has restaraunts and an award winning butcher with a weekend market, cafe and selection of takeaways also only 3 miles from cottage.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A non refundable deposit is required full amount to be paid two weeks prior to arrival date
Arrival time 4pm - departure time 10am, changeover to be decided
Notes on prices:
Prices from £360 to £650
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- bird watching
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Good quality suite, Bath and separate shower, towel warmer, vanity and wall units with built in mirror, vaulted ceiling, oak beams and LED spot lights.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - double bed. Bedroom 2 - two singles exsposed oak beams lot of character
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Outside: Two patio areas, rear has a outside table and 4 chairs, access from lounge also patio area to side of kitchen with arbour seat ideal for morning coffee/tea with good view of river and wildlife. Sit back and enjoy the sound of a babbling river approx 12 feet away, watch the horses crossing the ford regularly with kingfishers, dippers, woodpeckers being regular visitors. There is a small village green with a seat where walkers often stop to take a break and read the local notice board Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels & linen are provided, and are changed every change over day by local cleaner Other: Entrance porch radiator and coat hooks leading to lounge