House near Selkirk, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Dimpleknowe Mill sleeps up to 6 people in 3 spacious ensuite bedrooms including a accessible ground floor bedroom with wetroom. The Mill features an open plan kitchen/dining/living room with open fireplace and hard wood floors and original beams . French doors open out to a private patio and sheltered walled garden. The Mill is situated on a working farm in scenic Ale Valley in the Scottish Borders. An informal, friendly golf course is on the door step. Dimpleknowe Mill is around 10 miles from Melrose, 8 miles to Selkirk and 6 miles to Hawick. Sorry unsuitable for children under 8 years and no pets. Low occupancy rate offer for using one or two bedrooms only, except July & August.Full details on our web site www.dimpleknowe.co.uk
Top Traveller Review
Beautiful property in a lovely location
About the Owner
(8 traveller reviews)
Superb old mill house, beautifully restored
Spent a few days last week with my family in this very well maintained and comfortable house. Lovely log fire and very comfortable beds. Well stocked kitchen with everything needed. Jane was extremely helpful and has been doing her best to get speedier wifi, not her fault! Lovely to sit at the table and watch all the different variety of birds, many which I haven't seen for some time. A very relaxing and enjoyable few days in beautiful countryside.
very nice property help full and freindly owner good location
we found the property excellent for our requirements with all areas catered for and not to far from town but would be no good unless you drive . a sign of the main road would be very useful to direct you to the property.
Beautiful property in a lovely location
Dimpleknowe Mill was exactly as described and we enjoyed and made full use of all the amenities mentioned by previous reviewers. The very accessible ground floor layout worked very well for the 87 year old member of our family. We were able to visit several of the local villages and towns and explore local castles and abbeys. The late summer weather gave us some beautiful sunny days and sunsets and just a little rain. Thank you to owner Jane for her hospitality.
An Outstanding Tranquil Heaven
The property is spacious and well equiped. It is particularly good for people with mobility issues as the ground floor bedroom has an accessible wet room en-suite. All of the bedrooms were very spacious and comfy and all en-suite. Jane made our stay very pleasant and made several helpful suggestions for local eats. The living area is large with every convenience laid on and we had a most enjoyable stay. For peace in the Scottish Borders this takes the prize thank you Jane (and my favourite tip was the Meringue Cafe at Jedburgh - bliss).
The Mill fitted our bill perfectly:-)
We spent a lovely relaxed week in the Mill. It is bright, spacious, airy & peaceful. The property is exactly as advertised and Jane, the very pleasant owner, is on hand if needed with whatever assistance is required. For those looking for a destination to unwind-look no further.
We also loved Dimpleknowe. We were staying with my 86 year old mother and the ground floor bedroom was perfect for her. The mill has been beautifully restored. We appreciated the walled garden and patio. The rooms are very clean and comfortable and the kitchen is very well equipped. We had no problem with the wi-fi. The surrounding area is lovely and we had some good walks in the evening - the roads are very quiet. The owner, Jane, was very helpful and had lots of suggestions for things to do. There was also a wealth of information on the surrounding area in the mill.
We would love to go back.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Dimpleknowe is around 10 miles from Melrose, 8 miles to Selkirk and 6 miles to Hawick
Edinburgh Airport: 53 miles
Newcastle Airport: 64 miles
Online grocery shopping. Restaurants local with in 3miles. Cashmere sales in Hawick at certain times of the year.
Golf courses locally.
The Ian Stark Equestrain Centre suitable for beginners and hacking.
Border towns within easy distance and Edinburgh just over an hour drive, or park and drive en route or take the local bus journey form nearby Ashkirk.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
6 May 2017 - 30 Jun 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
1 Jul 2017 - 1 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Payments are possible by BACS, Paypal, cheque.
Deposit of £100 is payable on booking.
Pay pal charge 3% to cover the service charge
Final balance is due 4 weeks prior to arrival.
Sorry, unfortunately we do not allow children under 8 or pets (unless guide dogs).
Changeover day is Saturday. Sometimes can be flexible.
Arrival time 4pm and departure time 10am
Notes on prices:
Discounts are available for lower occupancy (1 or 2 bedrooms), from £550 to £650 per week not in high season rates.
£15 to £20 Gas heating and hot water allowance included generally more than enough.
Terms and conditions of let on www.dimpleknowe.co.uk please read and confirm you have read these and accept them.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
- Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- bird watching
- horse riding
- sight seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Ground floor Large Disable wet shower room with chair
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Twin beroom upstairs, good power shower
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Good size bathroom with large bath and good power shower
- The master double bedroom is en-suite with bath and good power shower. The twin room upstairs is en-suite with a good power shower. The twin room downstairs is en-suite with a spacious wetroom (category 2 disabled access) with chair There is also a downstairs WC
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed, A very spacious light bedroom/ excellent cupboards,
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed, spacious twin bedroom with cupboards
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed, Ground floor bedroom with patio doors and wet room
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: All bedrooms are spacious and light with good fitted cupboards. Bedroom 1with king size bed. bedroom 2 with twin beds. Downstairs bedroom twin beds
- Golf ...
- Max. occupancy: 6
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- not suitable for children ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: £15 Gas central heating and hot water allowance per week usually more than enough. Mill has a Condensing boiler Meters read on arrival and departure. Sorry no children under 8years and no pets. And no smoking property Outside: Large patio and south facing sheltered wall garden & outdoor furniture, barbecue all provided. A bird table and a Wood pecker is a favourite visitor and many other pretty birds. Utility Room: Excellent drying room with washing machine and sink and plenty of coat hooks Linen is included and towels . Other: The gallery sitting room upstairs has lovely extending views includes a table and chairs and chest of games and puzzles.