Villa in Meia Praia, Lagos, Western Algarve, Portugal - Very Quiet Location 10 Mins Walk From The Beach And Lagos Marina, 15 Into Lagos Town Centre
This modern three bedroomed villa with private pool is situated within walking distance of Meia Praia beach, the marina of Lagos and the historical and lively town of Lagos. Boasting wonderful sea views, the villa is very tastefully decorated with garden for al-fresco dining. The villa is bright and airy with five double patio doors downstairs bathing the whole ground floor in sunshine. Two of the en-suite bedrooms have king sized beds and the third bedroom has twin beds. For security, there are electric gates to the shared driveway and then individual ones to the villa itself. The electric shutters make it easy to open and close up instantly. The 'pebble' pool may be heated at extra cost.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
2 holidaymaker reviews
Our family of 4 adults and 2 children aged 6 and 1 enjoyed a fabulous 2 weeks in this beautiful villa. The villa is ideally located within walking distance to the marina and Lagos centre. The villa is immaculate throughout with everything that you would ever need. The electric shutters and gates make the villa extremely secure and private. The pool area is ideal with plenty of loungers, chairs and inflatables to keep the kids entertained all day. Heather was fantastic nothing was too much trouble and she provided us with everything that we would need for our little one, and she was even there to greet us!!! Can't wait for next year....!!!
Wonderful villa, superb location
We had a fantastic week in this lovely villa. The villa is spacious and pristine, as well as being very well equipped. There is a good wi-fi connection and cable tv, with a good choice of UK channels. There are electronic shuttes on all windows and doors, which means that the house remains cool. The shutters together with the electric gates give great peace of mind, that the property is secure both overnight and when we were out and about.
The kids has a fantastic time in the pool, using a whole host of inflatables that were provided. There are ample sunloungers with waterproof cushions to lounge around the pool. The pool is south facing and enjoyed hours of sunshine.
There is a garage next to the pool area that we were able to park our hire car in. This was great as the car remained cool during the hot August weather.
The location of the villa is fantastic, you are a very short walk from a bustling Marina with a whole host of bars and family friendly restaurants. Just over the footbridge from the Marina is the old town of lagos again with loads of shops restaurants and bars.
The long sandy beach of Meia Praia is about a ten minute walk from the Villa, though we took the car down and parked in one of the many free car parks.
One of the highlights for our kids was a fantastic play area with inflatables, go-karts, trampolines and a climbing wall, this was open every evening at just 5 Euro per child. There were tables and chairs for parents to sit and watch and enjoy a drink whilst waiting for them. This was located on the walk from the Marina to the villa.
The correspondance from Heather was fantastic in the run up to booking, and she even arranged for some shopping to be bought in for us. Though we arrived late we were met and given a run through of the villa's equipment.
A really lovely holiday!
Activity and Interests
Meia Praia beach is a ten minutes walk from the apartment! It stretches for 5km! There are plenty of beach bars along it's stretch. There are at least six other beautiful beaches around the headland of Lagos to choose from. The whole Algarve coast boasts the most wonderful golden beaches and the further west you travel, the quieter the beaches become. The West Coast, which is a thirty minute drive is wild and spectacular which is famous for it's superb surfing.
Faro airport is approximately 70km and takes about an hour to drive. It is not necessary to hire a car, but if you would like to do so, we can arrange this for you. You can organise a transfer bus from the Faro airport website. There is a train station nearby for trains from Faro to Lagos..
Lagos town 1.5km, supermarket 1.5km, mini-market within five minute walk, Lagos marina 1.2 km. Further west, Praia da Luz is 10 minutes drive and the wild west coast is a 30 minute drive.
Local activities include surfing, walking, go carting, horse riding and wake boarding to name but a few, there are many water sports and boat trips available from Lagos Marina. There are two water slide parks within a 20 and 30 minute drive and Zoomarine park within a 45 minute drive away. Lagos zoo is only a 10 minute drive.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
2 Nov 2016 - 28 Feb 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
30 Apr 2017 - 14 Jul 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
15 Jul 2017 - 11 Sep 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
12 Sep 2017 - 30 Nov 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A 25% deposit is required to confirm a booking.
Payments can be made in either Pounds Sterling or Euros, payable preferably by bank transfer although cheques can be accepted.
Payment of the outstanding balance is required 6 weeks prior to the start of your holiday, together with a good housekeeping deposit of £250 which is refundable provided you have not damaged any of the contents of the property.
General breakages of glasses, crockery etc. excluded.
We do not stipulate a particular changeover day, in order for our guests to make the most of cheaper flights. Also we are not limited to whole week visits, we can accommodate guests for any number of days over four.
Notes on prices:
Prices are shown per week although will be works out on a pro-rata basis for part weeks/odd days. For longer term winter rentals, please contact us for a special rate. Pool heating is available for an extra £10 per day
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- En-suite to master bedroom with corner bath, double sinks, wc and heated towel rail. Second bedroom en-suite with hydro-massage shower, wc, sink and heated towel rail. Downstairs bathroom with walk-in shower unit, wc, bidet, sink and heated towel rail.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom with king sized bed with en-suite and balcony overlooking the garden and pool with sea views. 2nd bedroom with en-suite and king sized bed and balcony overlooking the garden. 3rd bedroom with twin beds overlooking the pool. All upstairs.
- Golf ...
- Outside: The garden south facing and very sunny with stunning sea views. The garden is laid to lawn with a paved area close to the villa for outside table and chairs plus barbecue. The garden table and chairs can be moved to the shaded area outside the lounge and dining room patio doors. The swimming pool is kidney shaped with a special pebble non-slip surface. There are integral steps and it may be heated at extra cost. There is an outside shower too, in order to remove suntan oil and cream before swimming. The long driveway can easily accommodate 3/4 cars. There is a garage where a car could be parked to keep cool out of the sun. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The villa is thoroughly cleaned for all new guests and all bathroom towels and bed linen is included. For two week stays, there is a weekly small clean and change of linen and towels. Other: The dining room off the lounge features a glass topped dining table and seating for six. There are patio doors opening to the eating area at one side and another set of patio doors opening to the front of the property.