Chalet in Mudeford, Nr. Christchurch, Dorset, England - Sea-Front Row At The Quiet Sandhills Holiday Park With Full Use Of The Park's Facilities
This modern Lodge is situated at the very front of the popular Sandhills Holiday Park in Mudeford and looks directly over the sea. Relax on the decking or in the lounge and enjoy the spectacular 180 degree panoramic views - Mudeford Quay to the right, the Isle of White and the Needles ahead and round past Avon Beach and the long sweep of Christchurch Bay to the left. There is always plenty of activity on the busy sea to take in. The Lodge is only a few yards from the Promenade leading to Mudeford's beaches, quay and beach restaurants and cafes. Sandhills is a small quiet site - mostly owner owned - set in mature trees. It has a large heated on-site pool and children's pool, play area, and a club-house with bar and other facilities - all of which guests can use. Mudeford is ideally located in relation to historic Christchurch, the New Forest, and other nearby resorts. Bournemouth and Lymington are only 25 minutes away. Mudeford caters for a wide range of interests. Walk along miles of beaches. Take the 5 minute ferry ride across to "The Spit" and explore Hengistbury Head. Visit several local nature reserves. Enjoy a whole range of water sports - protected in the harbour, or on the sea for the more adventurous. Or just stroll along the front and relax on the well known Avon Beach.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
4.9 based on 15 holidaymaker reviews
Relaxing and Welcoming Lodge.
This beautiful lodge was all we had hoped for. As soon as we opened the door we felt at home. It was very clean and well maintained with lots of little extra's. The view of the sea is lovely. We sat until well into the evening watching the boats and yachts coming in and out of Christchurch Harbour and also the walkers and joggers using the coastal path. John is very helpful and obliging and we would definitely recommend this lodge for a lovely relaxing break.
Well equipped with all you could need. The accomodation felt like a home from home.
Very relaxing sitting looking out of the patio doors at the sea, watching the boats go into and out of Christchurch Harbour and the joggers running along the front.
Great location for visiting the area, but avoid the evening rush hour on the A35, plus the added benefit of some very good restaurants within walking distance.
We thoroughly enjoyed our few days here.
Perfect seaside lodge
This is a lovely seaside lodge and made a perfect base for our long weekend away. Perfect location right on top of the beach. The view from the lounge/balcony is superb! The heated swimming pool also went down very well with my 5yr old!! Highly recommend.
This property was perfect for our needs.My elderly parents enjoyed the wonderful views.My husband and I enjoyed local walks.
The lodge was cosy,very well maintained and lots of extras to add to our comfort.The park was quiet.John was very helpful with our booking
5 star all the way
The lodge could not be faulted - it was clean and very well equiped. The lodge is only a few yards from the promenade and ideal for all ages. We had good weather but typical English weather would not spoil the enjoyment of this lodge. A great hoilday for us.
Activity and Interests
The Lodge overlooks the promenade pathway which leads onto Mudeford Quay one way and Mudeford and Avon beaches the other way. Children will love crabbing off the Quay. Mudeford Beach is sand and shingle, but Avon Beach - 5 minutes walk away - is sand. Take the 5 minute ferry ride from the Quay to the Spit, Hengistbury Head & Christchurch. There are cafes, and small shops along the quay/beaches. Also a pub on the Quay, and a superb restaurant on Avon Beach. All water sports are catered for.
Mudeford is located on the Dorset coast 3 miles from Christchurch.
Bournemouth lies 8 miles to the West, and Lymington 11 miles to the East.
Local shops are a 5 minutes walk away. The nearest supermarkets are a 5 minutes drive. Christchurch is a 10 minutes drive away and has the whole range of stores - and a market day.
Christchurch is an historic town and it is well worth visiting the 11th century Priory Church, the Castle ruins and the Quay area.
Apart from being on the coast, Mudeford lies on one side of the picturesque Christchurch Harbour which is ideal for sailing and kayaking. The Harbour is a 5 minute walk from the Lodge.
The whole area is ideal for walking and cycling. Take the ferry across to the Spit and explore Hengistbury Head. (Take a ride on the little land train if you are feeling less energetic!). Walk along the coast to Highcliff Castle and beyond. Or explore the New Forest which is only a 15 minute drive away.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
Notes on prices:
In addition to the per-night prices stated, an additional £50 is charged for all bookings of less than 4 nights.
Changeover Day: Changeover day by agreement.
Check-in after 2:00pm; Check-out before 10:00am unless by prior agreement.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Fireplace ...
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player ...
- Pool Table ...
- Television ...
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible ...
- En-Suite to Bedroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- En-suite bathroom to the double bedroom (shower, toilet, basin). Separate bathroom (bath with shower, toilet, basin).
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Double Bedroom with large en-suite Bathroom, TV. Second Bedroom with 2 single beds.
- Notes on accommodation: Smoking and pets are not permitted in the Lodge. There is a dedicated car parking space near to the Lodge (and further parking at the club-house). Outside: The Lodge has a large decking area at the front and on one side. Tables and chairs are provided on the decking, and outside lounger seating for guest's use are stored in a box at the side of the lodge. Utility Room: There is an on-site launderette with washing and tumble drying machines. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Sheets, pillows, pillow cases, duvets & covers are provided. Towels are not provided. The Lodge is cleaned and sheets and pillow cases changed prior to each occupancy. Other: The bedrooms and bathroom are accessed via a short corridor with coat hanging and storage/boiler cupboard. There are central heating radiators in all rooms.