House in Franschhoek, Winelands, Cape Town and Garden Route, South Africa - Corner Site Just Minutes From The Main Street
Cape Robin Cottage is located on a corner site in a street just off the main street in Franschhoek. The property comprises 2 bedrooms (both with en suite facilities), open plan living space with lounge, a fantastic kitchen (the previous owner was a chef!) and separate dining area. There is also a private garage with electric entrance doors and a separate outbuilding which contains storage space and a WC. The outside space has three distinct areas. To the rear of the house is a large decked area with a private pool and barbecue area, to the side is a charming and secluded grassed area and the front garden is extensively planted to provide a splash of colour on arrival. The location of Cape Robin Cottage could not be bettered. It is minutes' walk from Huguenot Street which is filled with wonderful shops and world class restaurants and is also handy for all other local amenities.
About the Owner
My wife and I live in Scotland and we own a number of properties in the UK and USA. We love visiting South Africa and Franschhoek is one of our favourite places there.
From the Owner
“Franschhoek is a real gem. It's the ideal base for a South African holiday - being in easy reach of Cape Town and the Garden Route to Port Elizabeth. In spite of it's close proximity to Cape Town, it is a tranquil, safe and relaxing place - and if you like wine then you couldn't find anywhere better.”
Activity and Interests
Franschhoek is an hour's drive from Camps Town with the wonderful beaches at Camps Bay just a short drive from the city.
Cape Town International Airport is under an hour's drive from the property.
The property is
48 miles from Cape Town
20 miles from Stellenbosch
On the doorstep of numerous vineyards and wine estates.
Cape Robin Cottage is within easy walking distance of all amenities including supermarkets, banks, restaurants, bars and cafes. The Franschhoek Wine Train is a 5 minute walk away and numerous wine estates are a short drive away.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£60|
Bookings must be made through the owner. Minimum stay is 3 nights.
60% non refundable deposit is taken at the time of booking. The balance s due 1 month before the first night .
Security deposit of R1,000 is taken on arrival - refunded within 7 days of departure if no breakages or missing items.
Electricity is by way of a prepaid meter which guests require to top up if necessary. This will be explained fully on arrival.
If booking is cancelled more than 1 month before the first night - 60% deposit is lost.
If booking is cancelled less than 1 month before the first night - total amount of booking is lost.
Please contact owner
Owner's Cancellation Policy
From the Owner
“Our house is a 5 minute walk from the main street which is packed with top class restaurants and interesting shops. Whatever time of year you chose to visit South Africa, there is so much to do from a base in this glorious place. It really is a 5 star property at exceptionally reasonable rates!”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with bath, separate shower, wc En-suite bathroom to bedroom 2 with shower, wc Separate wc in outbuilding
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, Bedroom 2 with double bed
- Golf ...
- Outside: Rear decking area with private swimming pool (approx 2.2m x 4m), barbecue, sun loungers and outside table and chairs. Side gardens with grass and seating area. Front garden with colourful flower displays Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included. The property is cleaned before arrival and by arrangement for stays of more than 7 days. Electricity is by way of a pre-paid meter in the property. The top up procedure for the electricity will be explained on arrival.