Exquisite 3 Bedroom / 3 bathroom villa with mountain and sea views
Villa Ozay is a beautiful spacious 3 double bedroom villa situated in a stunning location near the traditional village of Islamlar in the hills above Kalkan. Prominently located on a ridge alongside the beautiful Islamlar valley, it has truly spectacular views all round and yet is only a fifteen minute drive through the vineyards, orchards and pines of the valley to Kalkan. The village of Islamlar is located in the foothills of the Taurus mountains and offers a compelling combination of a peaceful, and utterly unspoiled location with breathtaking views over the valley below.
The location of the villa is rural but not isolated, with a few local shops and restaurant within walking distance. The design of the villa is modern but in keeping with the surroundings without forgoing those high summer essentials of air-conditioning and a larger-than-average private pool.
About the Owner
My family is made up of my husband Steve and our 4 children. Our eldest two girls Emelie and Stephanie work in our family business, Amy graduated from Bath University last year and now works and lives in Bath and James is in his last year at Loughborough. Until recently we lived in Beckenham but are just about to move to the leafy village of Woldingham in Surrey. A new adventure!
We are marketing Villa Ozay on behalf of our good friend Ozay Kocadag due to his work and family commitments.
We have had our own villa in Kalkan for many years and are familiar with the area.
We would be delighted to help you plan your holiday.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any enquiries you may have.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We visited the beautiful Villa Ozay in April 2015. What a lovely villa in the most exquisite area. So tranquil and serene with the cleanest, freshest mountain air. We came home feeling so rested and healthy! The surroundings are so pretty and peaceful and the village of Islamlar was so quaint. Friendly locals, useful shops and fabulous food in the nearby restaurants. We were more than impressed with the local restaurants that collect and drop you back to the villa and for the take away service.
What an amazing house, very well equipped. Extremely comfortable beds and living area, great sized swimming pool and terrace. Heaven!
We also visited the very lovely Kalkan on a couple of evenings where there are many restaurants, bars and interesting shops.
We had a fab holiday. Thank you so much. We will be back ; )
It was everything we could have wanted and much more!!
From the Owner
“Villa Ozay is owned by Ozay Kocadag who is a very dear Turkish friend of ours. The land was formally farm land and has been in Ozay's family all of his life. Ozay lovingly built this beautiful villa in early 2015. The villa is a short drive to the village but feels like it is a million miles from anywhere. In the local village there are traditional trout restaurants where the food is organic and always fresh but if you fancy something a bit more sophisticated then the harbour side and roof top restaurants of Kalkan are only a short drive away.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The villa is close to parts of the famous Lycian Way and in early and late season, the cooler temperatures make the area ideal for those who enjoy walking or exploring. In the heat of the summer, the fresh mountain air makes the heat a little more bearable.
Boat trips, scuba diving, jeep safari, horse riding, paragliding and water sports can also be found not to far a field.
Good for Yoga/Pilates holidays.
Patara Beach is 15 minutes drive with its endless white sands & historical ruins ( Cafe/restaurant, toilet, changing rooms, sunbeds and umbrellas available).Voted one of the best in the world by Times Online 2005
Kaputas Beach is 20 minutes’ drive, famous for the beautiful turquoise colour of the sea and the white sand.
There are several beach clubs in Kalkan with water sport facilities, some can be reached by a ferry (free) from the harbour.
Kalamar Beach Club is particularly good!
Nearest airport: Dalaman 1 1/2 hours drive.
Antalya Airport is 3 hours drive.
Nearest railway: N/A
Transfers can be arranged to and from the airport.
Car hire is essential and can be arranged either for collection from the airport or for the car to be delivered to the villa.
Kalkan 15 min drive.
Bezirgan Village 15 min drive.
Patara 15 min drive.
Saklikent Canyon is a 25 min drive.
Kas is a 30 min drive.
Xanthos which was the capital of Lycia is a 20 min drive.
Fethiye is 60 min drive.
Myra (rock tombs and amphitheatre) 1.5 hr drive.
Kekova (sunken city) 1.5 hr drive, or boat hire.
Islamlar is in the foothills of the Taurus Mountains, yet close to local restaurants, and just 15 minutes by car from Kalkan and the coast. This incredibly beautiful area offers a compelling combination of a peaceful, utterly unspoilt location with breath taking views and the convenience of being close to Kalkan. Islamlar village provides an insight into beautiful rural Turkish life which has remained unchanged for many years. Full of olive groves and vineyards and where the flour for the bakery is still ground using an old water powered mill-stone.
The area has several trout farm restaurants where they serve simple authentic Turkish food, bursting with flavour. All ingredients are locally grown and organic. Small waterfalls, springs and mountain streams provide constant fresh water giving natural irrigation and feeding the trout pools that supply the local restaurants. Prices are lower than at the tourist resorts and there are wonderful views down the valley to the sea.
Notably, Islamlar is several degrees centigrade cooler than at sea level, and Kalkan locals use the restaurants as respite from the warmest summer days.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£300|
A £300.00 deposit secures your booking, with the balance due 8 weeks before departure.
Included in the Rental rates above are:
* Accommodation for up to 6 guests
* Welcome on arrival and the services of our resort staff during your stay
* Wireless Internet access
* A food and drink welcome hamper
* Fresh linen and towels throughout your stay (changed weekly)
* Standard cleaning
* Air-conditioning and all utilities
As this is our first year of rental we are happy to be flexible with the duration of your holiday and the changeover day. Please enquire for more details.
Notes on prices:
A non-refundable deposit of £300 is required in order to secure a reservation with the balance payable 8 weeks prior to arrival.
Please note that an accidental damage deposit of 300GBP is required on arrival and will be returned to you on departure if everything is in order.
Flights are not included.
Please ensure you have adequate insurance.
A non-refundable deposit of 30% of the total rental amount is required in order to secure a reservation with the balance payable 8 weeks prior to arrival. We reserve the right to re-advertise your dates following non-receipt of final payment. Please note that an accidental damage deposit of 300GBP is required with your final payment. This will be returned to you within 2 weeks of your return.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Where do we start? There are so many things that you will love about this villa and it's location • The high specification of the villas • The amazing views to the sea • Fabulous sunsets • Mountain tranquility • Your private infinity pool • Local traditional mountain restaurants • Local village markets • Fantastic local staff At the height of the summer the cooling mountain breezes makes Villa Ozay just the best place to be. The tranquility, peace and quality of the Villa means that your holiday starts the minute you walk through the door.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- autumn foliage
- bird watching
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- All ensuites are finished in polished marble to an exceptionally high standard and have shower enclosures, toilets wash basins and vanity units. There is a cloakroom on the ground floor.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: 3 large bedrooms all with ensuite facilities Notes on bedrooms: B/room 1:Twin beds, en-suite, a/c, wardrobe, dressing table, access to pool terrace B/room 2:Double bed, en-suite, a/c, wardrobe, dressing table, balcony with sea views B/room 3:Double bed, en-suite, a/c, wardrobe, dressing table, balcony with sea views
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Accommodation is arranged over 2 floors at Villa Ozay, with a large open plan living space to make the most of the incredible views that the properties location allows. Large floor to ceiling windows offer dramatic and quite awe inspiring views of the landscape, sea and Patara beach. Sunlight floods into the living area creating a very nice ambience in which to relax. The living area comprises of a spacious lounge/seating area and kitchen/dining area. There is a utility room and a cloakroom and stairs to the floor above. There is a large screen LCD television with Satellite channels and DVD player, as well as wireless internet to keep you in touch when required. The living area has a warm, stylish and contemporary feel. The twin bedroom is on the ground floor with doors opening on to the pool terrace. The remaining two bedrooms have access to the first floor sunbathing/seating terrace and have balconies with breathtaking views. Outside: Outside is our secluded private infinity swimming pool with extensive sunbathing area. Relaxing sun loungers and parasols for when you need that bit of shade. Comfortable outdoor dining furniture, and casual seating areas to the pool and roof terraces. (Pool size: 8m x 4m, depth: 1.65m.) Villa Ozay is set amongst fields and forests of cedar, pine and olive groves, we have expanses of rural woodland and newly cultivated areas with fragrant planting. The villa has been constructed to an exceptionally high standard and furnished with style, both inside the property and on the extensive terraces. This enables our guests to make the most of relaxing, dining alfresco, entertaining or just having a G&T as the sun dips behind the mountains. The views are nothing short of spectacular Utility Room: Washing machine, iron/ironing board Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bathroom towels and bed linen are included and will be changed on a weekly basis. A full clean is also done on a weekly basis. Additional cleaning and change of towels and linen can be arranged at an additional cost. Other: Outside is a private infinity swimming pool (8m x 4m), extensive sunbathing area with sun loungers and parasols, outdoor dining furniture, comfortable seating area, BBQ and private gardens. Spectacular sea views of Kalkan and Patara beach.