Villa in Trencianske Teplice, Trencin, Central Slovakia - A Peaceful And Charming Retreat With A Large Garden, Close To Everything The Town Has To Offer
Need a little pampering ? Treat yourself to affordable luxury in a beautifully restored villa in this charming spa town.This spa town has endless facilities for thalassotherapy treatments at very reasonable prices. There is a ski area nearby, riding stables within a five minute drive, and endless possibilities for walks and excursions. The newly constructed public thermal outdoor pool is just a few minutes stroll from the house and the spectacular new Zaba pool complex is slated to open in August. Just a short stroll from the villas is a very beautiful park with a swan lake and boat and bicycle rentals, tennis courts and a mini golf, a concert hall with top artist appearances and a cinema showing recent original version English/American films...All this and more is within a five minute stroll from the villas. Among a large variety of interesting events organized here during the year, Trencianske Teplice is host to the famous annual International Art Film Festival in June and a National Handicrafts Fair in July. To see our beautiful area and see how happy you will be when you come to spend a holiday in Trencianske Teplice, please watch Happy Trencianske Teplice on youtube. Slovakia is one of the undiscovered treasures of Eastern Europe ...and Trencianske Teplice is one of the very pleasant discoveries you can make by venturing off the beaten tourist paths. It is a gem nestled in a little valley and surrounded by forests, lakes and lovely rolling meadows The magnificent Tatra mountains are just a little over an hour away, as is the breathtaking natural beauty of the Slovak Paradise, the historic capital Bratislava, charming villages such as Cicmany and the world famous spa of Piestany. Nearby is also an endless list of old castles to explore. The wonders of nature also abound in the form of caverns, gorges, waterfalls and an impressive list of caves....one of the most notable among them being the breathtaking Dobsinska Ice Cave.
About the Owner
I am a Canadian with Slovak origins living in Switzerland where I retired with my husband after living in a variety of countries while he worked for the United Nations.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Would definitely come back-we'll never forget this place" 5 of 5 stars
My husband and I stayed here and it was outstanding in every way. Perfectly clean, perfectly equipped, modern, but romantic as can be!! He had never been to Slovakia before and wasn't sure about staying in a resort town for ten days, but he was converted when we stepped in the door - and by the time we'd walked down the pedestrian street and had dinner at the Dedinka restaurant he claimed he never wanted to leave! We often talk about what a happy time we had here, both in the town and the hills around it and at the Villa. Can't wait to go back. Date of stay: June 2014
lovely gem in beautiful spa town! 5 of 5 stars
We've just returned from our 3rd visit to this beautiful property in the heart of Trencianske Teplice. We found the villa very comfortable, bright and very well equipped. All the rooms are large, tastefully decorated, with lots of seating - a true home away from home! . The beds were very comfortable, making for a good night's rest. We enjoyed spending time in the huge, beautifully maintained garden. We also liked the fact that the villas are a short walking distance from the centre of this charming spa town, yet are quiet and private and especially quiet at night.
This place offers a unique combination of relaxation, spa experience, culture and history-all in a beautiful, natural setting. Highly recommended!
Date of Stay:May 2014
Trencianske Teplice is an amazing well kept secret -- you almost don't want to tell people about it! The hiking is terrific, the architecture is great, the restaurants are outstanding and just ridiculously affordable (we liked Dedinka and the Roman Legion best. The Haman is really marvelous, a very unusual and historic experience. We were there (unexpectedly!) during the Art Film Festival, lots of seeing and being seen. One of our favorite things was just walking up and down the promenade, stopping for coffee, cakes or ice cream, and just taking life at the pace it's meant to be lived. Then to come back at the end of the day to the Villa here was ideal: a private resort in a public resort. Thanks for a wonderful honeymoon experience.
Date of stay June 2014
From the Owner
“This property has a special value to me as it is in a place where my family spent many pleasant holidays when I was a child . It is a lovely part of Slovakia, unspoiled nature trails abound while the town has many modern amenities, and wonderful opportunities to combine health, sports, culture and delightful dining experiences into your holiday”
Activity and Interests
A lovely little lake with possibilities for boating and feeding the ducks and swans is a ten minute walk through the park from the villa. There is also a small fishing lake where people also swim that is about a half hour walk away.
The Bratislava airport is about 130 kilometers away but there is a regular bus service from the village and bus and train service from nearby Trencin. A car is not necessary if you are happy to relax in the lovely villas , or just enjoy the films, concerts and entertainment provided locally, but is highly recommended if you would like to explore the many interesting sites in the area.
The number of interesting places to visit are too numerous to add here . We have compiled a booklet , available in the villa that gives all the information on places to visit in the area .
- Booking Notes:
To make a reservation, we require a 50% deposit of the rental cost and the remaining 50% upon arrival.
Any arrival day is acceptable . Arrival time is after 2pm and departure is 11 am.
Notes on prices:
The prices quoted are for two people having one bedroom made up. The price increases by 50 euros per week during most pf the year and by 100 euros during Christmas, Easter and July and August for each extra bedroom made up to cover extra cost of cleaning, laundry , ironing , electricity etc
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The large garden is not only a source of joy for me in that I enjoy gardening, but is also a source of delicious organic fruits such as cherries, apples and blueberries. It is also haven of peace and tranquility after a day of activity during a holiday”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- city centre
- autumn foliage
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- theme parks
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Villa has a Master bedroom with an en-suite bathroom with a washing machine. The second bathroom has a sink, toilet and shower. The bath/bedroom has an antique bath /shower and a washbasin
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom has queen sized bed, and all the bedrooms with twin beds have a possibility of combining the beds to make doubles. One of the twin bedrooms is a combination bath/bedroom with a sink and charming antique bathtub.
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: The villa is provided with all the comforts of home, including a dvd and cd library, games and books, sports equipment such as bicycles, tennis racquets, ball games etc. Basic kitchen necessities such as spices, tea and coffee etc...are provided so that you will immediately feel at home while enjoying your unique surroundings.The large open plan living room, dining room and kitchen provide a large area for the family to enjoy together . The bedrooms are exceptionally spacious with high ceilings, and two of the double beds can be separated to provide two single beds if needed.We can also provide a cot and high chair for smaller children. The living room opens onto the garden with a large double door and has wonderful views of the garden from the large windows . Outside: A large patio with a barbecue pit and circular seating arrangements for cookouts will provide many enjoyable al fresco meals.There is also table seating for six with umbrellas for shade when needed.The garden is very large and provides children a wonderful area for games and discovery.... and someone with a green thumb hours of enjoyment, if they choose to putter in the garden. The villa's very large and beautiful garden,....with a variety of flowers and fruit trees (Cherries, plums, apples, blueberries etc.)... provides a breathtaking backdrop for al fresco dining, whether seated at the table or around the barbecue pit. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Beds are made up with quality bedding linen. Bath and hand towels are provided for our guests . For holidays of two weeks there is a weekly change of linen and towels provided. Other: The dining room is bright, sunny and well perfectly situated with a view of the lovely garden