House in Andalucia, Spain - Peaceful village location walking distance from shops, bars and restaurants
La Olivia is a beautiful village house, large and spacious with the rare facility of a lovely secluded garden, patio and barbecue area. The house was beautifully renovated many years ago which makes it feel original, the many windows give a feeling of space and tranquility. The ground floor has a large airy living room with adjacent dining area, both with wonderful views through the large windows over the village, the furniture is all lovely traditional Ronda Olive wood. All rooms have beamed ceilings and the sitting room a lovely open fireplace. There is also a kitchen with further access to the garden and a cloakroom. On the first floor there is a double bedroom with en-suite shower room and a twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom (sleeps 4 or 6 with annex). The house is perched at the very top of the village, the garden backs on to the National park and deer come up to the garden. The bars, shops and restaurants are a few hundred meters away.
About the Owner
We first visited the village in 1997 when I took our elder son then 7 for a months break after a period of sustained long nights at work. It was time to reacquaint myself with family life and it was the perfect place to choose. Peaceful but as much or as little to do as we chose. That is when our love affair with the village began.
Activity and Interests
The nearest beach is San Pedro which is 50k away. Plentiful swimming and sun bathing is available much closer in rivers and mountain rock pools
There are 3 airports which are almost equidistant. Malaga, Seville and Jerez. Each takes about 1 hour 15 mins by car.
Car hire is recommended although the village can be reached by train to Benajaon and then a taxi.
The house is in the village of Montejaque and within walking distance of all shops, bars and restaurants. Montejaque is about 20 minutes from Ronda with the famous bull ring and gorge and a wealth of tapas bars, restaurants and shops.
The village is a great base for walking. There are also a number of well known caves(Cueva del gatto and Cueva de Pileta) in the area and plenty of swimming in rivers and cool rock pools.
The village itself has a number of mini markets, a baker and bars and restaurants. For larger supermarkets there is Ronda.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Mar 2017 - 19 May 2017
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
20 May 2017 - 10 Sep 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
20% is payable on booking and the balance 6 weeks before arrival. Payment is by bank transfer.
If the annex is required it must be requested and an additional price will be quoted
The price quoted includes a charge of E10 for meet and greet, E 20 for laundry and towels, E64 for cleaning, E13 per week for gas bottle and in the winter E5 one bag of wood for the open fire, the balance is the rental
Notes on prices:
Prices are in sterling but the euro equivalent at the date of payment can be paid
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite shower room to Bedroom 1, ensuite bathroom to Bedroom 2 and a further ensuite bath room in the annex if required.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: A twin bedroom and a double bedroom. Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, Bedroom 2 with twin beds and a further double in the annex if required.
- Notes on accommodation: The main house sleeps 4 but there is an annex, La Parra, which sleeps a further 2. It connects to the main house by an internal staircase but also has its own front door and terrace. Ideal for any members of a party who want privacy. It is not let out separately from the main house and is available at an additional rental Outside: The house has a lovely secluded garden at the rear, with a BBQ, a raised terraced seating area and 2 other areas for a lunch, sun bathing or reading and a lovely olive tree.Sun or shade can always be found. It also has a terrace at the front which is great for breakfast or early evening drinks and has wonderful views of the mountains and village. At the back of the house is the national park with deer and many birds. Utility Room: Ironing board and iron Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bed lined with weekly change included.