Apartment in Les Contamines, 2 bedroom with very large sitting/dining area
The apartment caters for skiers and walkers who enjoy a private, spacious living accommodation, within easy walking distance of the mountains. Either to ski or walk, no car is needed and there are fabulous bike rides from the door. Located in Le Lay region of the village, the apartment is near enough to the town (walk of 10 minutes), yet perfectly accessible to the lift, - a flat walk of 3 minutes - easy enough for even young skiers. In the summer, the parc de La Gorge has swimming lakes with sandy beach, pedalos, tree climbing for kids, play area and restaurants, and is only one mile up the road.
About the Owner
About Melinda Wotton
We have lived in Devon for 15 years and love it. We have been married for 19 years and lived in Kingsbridge before. We have 4 children (3 boys and a girl). We live a busy life and love being outside. Skiing is our great family passion and we try to visit our apartment in Les Contamines as much as possible.
Melinda Wotton purchased this apartment in 2007
Why Melinda Wotton chose St. Gervais - Megeve area
As we are a family of 6 who love skiing, with my husband in the British Ski Team for Telemark, we decided to have our own apartment for convenience and because we fell in love with Les Contamines. The skiing in the resort is perfect for all levels and it is particularly convenient with children of all ages to have a place so near the lift. We chose the apartment as it was more spacious and light than other ski apartments that can be small and crammed. We love the place both in summer and winter.
From the Owner
“As we are a family of 6 who love skiing, with my husband in the British Ski Team for Telemark, we decided to have our own apartment for convenience and because we fell in love with Les Contamines. The skiing in the resort is perfect for all levels and it is particularly convenient with children of all ages to have a place so near the lift. We chose the apartment as it was more spacious and light than other ski apartments that can be small and crammed. We love the place both in summer and winter.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Guided ski trips can be arranged for the more advanced, experienced skiiers, including walking up the mountains in skins and parapont experiences.
In the summer, a man made beach is created in the parc one mile further up the valley. This has sand, swimming lake and pedalos.
Also the lake at the top of the first gondola is open for sunbathing/ swimming with fantastic restaurant and sunchairs.
Geneva airport is only 1.5 hours away, hire cars are an easy option from the airport (always hire from the French side).
However, there are limited buses that go to Le Fayet, and then another bus comes up the valley to Les Contamines.
Another easy option is an arranged pick up transfer to and from the airport (details available on request).
Distance to town Centre: 2 miles
Distance to Geneva: 85km
A small supermarket is located a 5 minute walk form the apartment, where there is also a ski hire shop, bars and boulangerie.
The larger supermarket and shops and restaurants are walkable (10 minutes), or a 3 minute car journey in the village.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
11 Mar 2017 - 1 Apr 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
25 Mar 2017 - 1 Apr 2017
8 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A deposit of 20% is required on booking with full payment 4 weeks prior to arrival.
Saturday is the preferred changeover day - Arrival after 2pm and departure at 10am.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Sports & Activities
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- One bathroom with bath and shower above. Large heated towel rail, washing machine and dryer. Hooks for hanging wet gear to dry. Separate toilet located off the hallway.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with king-sized bed (sleeps 2). Bedroom 2 with double bed and single adult sized bunk above, also a set of full adult sized bunks (sleeps 4).
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Outside: Outdoor furniture, sunchairs and in the summer on the patio, plastic table and chairs in the winter. Utility Room: Washing machine, Condenser tumble dryer, large heated towel rail. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are provided at a small extra cost, the apartment is cleaned on changeover days and the beds will be made up if linen is required. Other: Large, private patio on the ground floor with beautiful views of the mountains. Full sun all day - perfect for sunbathing (chairs provided) Ski locker and area to store bikes