Cottage in Orford, Woodbridge, Suffolk, England - Stunning Cottage In Orford Village Close To Aldeburgh. Sleeps 6, 2 Bathrooms
A luxurious cottage in the beautiful unspoilt village of Orford on the Suffolk Heritage Coast. Light floods into the house which has been recently converted to a high aesthetic standard with no expense spared. Whilst contemporary it still retains much of the atmosphere of a traditional country cottage. It is tastefully furnished, blending modern style and comfort with period features. Two double bedrooms (one queen size bed, the other a double bed) and one twin-bedded room. Two bathrooms, one with a full sized bath with integrated shower, are fully tiled with modern fittings. The state of the art kitchen has every modern appliance you might need, including a double oven, induction hob, dishwasher, fridge. freezer, granite worktops. It's equipped with HD TV, DVD player and full WiFi internet access. The house is within very short walking distance of the quay at Orford and has views of the historic church and castle. Two log burning stoves and panel heaters keep the fully insulated cottage warm during the winter.
Top Traveller Review
A beautifully renovated cottage, the description of it as 'no expense spared' is not an exaggerationA beautifully renovated cottage, the description of it as 'no expense spared' is not an exaggeration
About the Owner
I started the total restoration of the property with a local architect in 2008/2009. I have retained as many of the original features as possible but bringing it into the 21st century. I split my time between London where I work in television and Orford so the cottage is not a permanent holiday let for visitors but a well cared for home where no expense has been spared on its refurbishment.
1 holidaymaker review
A beautifully renovated cottage, the description of it as 'no expense spared' is not an exaggeration
Orford is lovely, plenty of places to wander and have a coffee, pick up fresh local produce or by the water. The cottage continued the feeling of somewhere rather exclusive. The landscaped front garden is a lovely place to sit and the cottage itself has a contemporary, light and airy feel to it. Features such as the glass roof in the kitchen and bathroom extension show how thoughtfully it was designed.
Activity and Interests
Coast is about one quarter of mile away at Orford Quay with lovely river walks. For beaches, there is Aldeburgh about 10 miles away by car
Stansted Airport is located on M11, approx 50 miles away from Orford. A car is pretty essential in this area as local transport is not very frequent.
Aldeburgh - 10 miles by car
Snape - 5 miles by car
Southwold - 25 miles
The village of Orford is special in itself with opportunities for sailing, walking, birdwatching, cycling and exploring the Suffolk Heritage coast. Aldeburgh, Woodbridge, Walberswick, Southwold are all within easy reach.
The cottage is extremely quiet - in the morning there is nothing much more than birdsong. Yet, within a minute, you can be in the village square having breakfast in the renowned Pump Street bakery or having a coffee at the village shop. There are two pubs within easy staggering distance of the cottage, not to mention the acclaimed Crown and Castle restaurant and Orforod Oysterage. Walks are plentiful either down to the quay for sight of the boats bobbing around on the water or along the river banks. Close to hand is the National Trust's Orford Ness, only a short boat ride away.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
29 Oct 2016 - 16 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Christmas / New Year
17 Dec 2016 - 7 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
If you interested in booking a week or more, please contact me via the website. To confirm a booking, a 30% deposit is required. The balance, plus a returnable deposit of £100 against breakages, is payable 6 weeks before the holiday.
Changeover date in the peak summer months is Saturday. Out of season there is more flexibility.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 0% refund for cancellations more than 0 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The cottage is extremely quiet in one of Orford's loveliest roads, yet it is a stone's throw away from the centre of the village and the main road down to the quay and the boats on the river. Access to Orford is very easy, especially from London and the South East”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- children welcome
- near the sea
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Main bathroom on ground floor has bath with shower screen and shower unit, sink and toilet. Cupboard with washing machine. Shower room on first floor has shower with glass door, sink and toilet. Both bathrooms are tiled.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with queen size bed and fitted cupboards; Bedroom 2 with double bed and fitted cupboard; Bedroom 3 with two single beds and small fitted cupboard.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: This is a well cared for, luxurious cottage where no expense has been spared on its refurbishment. It is not a permanent holiday let but my home as I split my time between London and Orford. Old cottages can often be dark but this cottage offers a bright interior with quality limestone flooring, light oak doors, white walls and modern lighting. The old meets the new. Outside: Large front garden with views to Orford Church and Orford Castle. Two teak benches and small table. Small back courtyard accessed from kitchen has table and 3 chairs for al fresco dining. Utility Room: Small cupboard with washing machine is set within the bathroom on ground floor. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bedlinen, towels and tea towels are included. The property is cleaned before the letting period. For periods of let longer than one week, there is bedlinen and towel change on Saturday morning.