Villa in La Croix Valmer, Nr. St Tropez, Var, Provence-Alpes-Cote DAzur, France - Shops, Restaurants And Boat Rental Are Within Walking Distance
Paul and Carla welcome you to their home on Gigaro Beach, a beautiful south-facing beach next to the entrance of the Cap Lardier National Park and only 8 km from Saint Tropez. Villa Bianca is surrounded by 800m2 of landscaped gardens and provides private parking for three cars. A SPAR shop is located just across the road and several good restaurants are within walking distance. There is a free shuttle bus service to the village all day long.
The villa has two bedrooms, one bathroom en suite and another shower room, a dining hall, a large lounge with a bed settee and another three-seater sofa, a large TV and sterio equipment. There is wifi all throughout the house. The kitchen is well-equipped with a dishwasher, large fridge/freezer, microwave oven, coffee machines etc. The utility room which is adjacent to the kitchen has a washing machine and an extra sink. From there is access to an enclosed yard with a large dining table and open fire place for your BBQs. In the garden you will find a hot and cold shower, canoes and windsurf equipment for your own use. Every bedroom and the lounge have access to the southfacing terrace overlooking the Mediterranean sea with the islands of Hyères in front. Only a few steps through the garden gate and you have reached the Gigaro beach.
About the Owner
About Carla Washbourne
We have been married for over forty years and have lived in England, Germany and now in France.
In Coventry, England we ran a family engineering business and in Germany we managed an agency for fitness equipment and travelled often to the US, Taiwan, Manila and many countries in Europe.
Carla Washbourne purchased this villa in 1980
Why Carla Washbourne chose St Tropez region
In 1980 we managed to buy Villa Bianca on the beach of Gigaro and managed it for many years as a holiday home and over the last ten years transformed the house into our nearly permanent home.
We love living on the beach all the year round, enjoying an active social life and the beautiful walks along the coastal path and within the Cap Lardier National Park.
What makes this villa unique
We enjoy the direct access to the public beach of Gigaro, our morning swims, the outside shower afterwards, followed by breakfast on the terrace or under the palm in the garden with fresh croissants from the shop over the road. Shopping at one of the markets in the lovely villages and towns around, lunch at home or in one of the restaurants nearby, a siesta in the garden listening to the sound of the sea, swimming, windsurfing or paddle boarding just outside our home. In the evening we light the charcoal on our own BBQ in a sheltered courtyard, watch TV or catch up on e-mails or go out to the cinema, open air concerts or just having a walk and a meal in Saint Tropez, Ramatuelle, Gassin, Cavalaire or Grimaud. We also enjoy playing golf or going bowling in Port Grimaud.
This property doesn't have any reviews yet!
From the Owner
“In 1980 we managed to buy Villa Bianca on the beach of Gigaro and managed it for many years as a holiday home and over the last ten years transformed the house into our nearly permanent home. We love living on the beach all the year round, enjoying an active social life and the beautiful walks along the coastal path and within the Cap Lardier National Park.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
We have also acquired our own "fleet" of canoes and boards for our guests to use:-
A two-seater kayak, a stand-up paddle board, two belly boards and two one-seater kayaks.
Walking and Mountain Biking in the Cap Lardier National Park which is right next door
Visiting the Provencal markets in La Croix Valmer (Sunday), Cavalaire and Cogolin (Wednesday), Saint Tropez (Tuesday and Saturday), Ramatuelle (Sunday), Port Grimaud (Friday), Gassin and Grimaud.
The villa stands on the beach of Gigaro, at the end of the Bay of Cavalaire, next to the National Park, one of most beautiful beaches in the South of France, sandy, southfacing with a view towards the Isles d`Hyères (Levant, Port Cros and Porquerolles) which are easily reached by boats from Cavalaire and Plage de Débarquement of La Croix Valmer.
Nice Airport is 1,5 hours away
Hyères Airport is 1 hour away
Train stations at either Toulon with a Bus connection to La Croix Valmer
Train station at Fréjus with Boat connection to Saint Tropez or Bus to La Croix Valmer
La Croix Valmer - 10 minutes by car
Cavalaire - 15 minutes by car
Ramatuelle - 15 mintues by car
Saint Tropez - 20 minutes by car
Gassin - 15 minutes by car
Grimaud - 20 minutes by car
Port Grimaud, Port Cogolin, Marine de Cogolin - 20 minutes by car
Draguignan and Gorges de Verdon - 1 hour away by car
Cannes and Antibes - 1 hour by car
A newly refurbished SPAR shop is just across the road with fresh croissants being baked on site
We are surrounded by good restaurants "Couleur Jardin", "La Brigantine", "Chez Marius", "Le Refuge", "Pepe Le Pirate" and there is a wonderful restaurant on the hill behind at the Hotel Souleias
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
21 Jun 2017 - 6 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£426.19|
This year 2016 we are renting our villa from Saturday 2nd July to Wednesday 31st of August in blocks of one week.
The house rents for 4000 Euros per week for two to six people. Bruno, our gardener, handyman or chauffeur lives in an independent studio below.
Saturday preferred but flexible
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
From the Owner
“We enjoy the direct access to the public beach of Gigaro, our morning swims, the outside shower afterwards, followed by breakfast on the terrace or under the palm in the garden with fresh croissants from the shop over the road. Shopping at one of the markets in the lovely villages and towns around, lunch at home or in one of the restaurants nearby, a siesta in the garden listening to the sound of the sea, swimming, windsurfing or paddle boarding just outside our home. In the evening we light the charcoal on our own BBQ in a sheltered courtyard, watch TV or catch up on e-mails or go out to the cinema, open air concerts or just having a walk and a meal in Saint Tropez, Ramatuelle, Gassin, Cavalaire or Grimaud. We also enjoy playing golf or going bowling in Port Grimaud.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- 100 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom room 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, en suite with Bedroom 1
- Bathroom 1 is en-suite with Bedroom 1 and has a bath, sink and WC Bathroom 2 with shower, sink and WC
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, Kingsize Bed (1,80 x 2,00 m)
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed, Double Bed (1,60 x 2,00 m)
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2-6 (2 Bedrooms): Bedroom 1 with a double bed and en suite bathroom, Bedroom 2 with a king size bed, Sofa bed which makes into a double bed in the spacious lounge
- Golf ...
- Max. occupancy: 6
- pets considered
- children welcome
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, blinds and curtains The floors are tiled and easy to clean Outside: Covered Terrace in front of the two bedrooms and the lounge with a table and chairs for six people The courtyard at the side of the house can easily seat 12 people with a large BBQ and outside sink There is a warm and cold shower outside The garden is completely walled and does not allow animals to get in or out There are sunbeds on the raked sand in front of the terrace and there is a very special sheltered seating area under a palm tree, ideal for breakfast or a siesta in the shade Utility Room: Extra sink and washing machine, second fridge is in utility room which is adjacent to the kitchen Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen is included, cleaning once a week can be provided, a handyman/gardener lives on the premises with separate entrance and can provide airport pickup or sightseeing tours. Other: There is an apartment in the basement of the villa which is occupied by Bruno, our handyman, chauffeur, gardener - he is very discrete and looks after other villas in the area.