Cottage in L'Orlegie, Bars Montignac, Aquitaine / Dordogne, France - Peaceful Countryside Location In The Heart Of The Dordogne
Our house is over 200 years old and is situated on a small Hamlet in the commune of Bars. It is surrounded by fields and forest and offers a quiet retreat in easy reach of Montignac and Sarlat as well as the world famous Lascaux Caves. The region is known for its fine food. Local delicacies include duck and foie gras, Dordogne truffles, cepes and walnuts, and many wines from Bergerac, Monbazillac and Pécharmant regions.
About the Owner
About Keith Burton
We are Jennie and Keith Burton and are currently living in Warrington.
We lived in this house for 2 years and it still feels like home every time we return.
Our children are now 12 and 10 and have enjoyed growing up knowing this fantastic region of France.
Keith Burton purchased this cottage in 2003
Why Keith Burton chose Perigord Blanc
We bought this property in 2003 as we really enjoyed the peace and tranquility of the area and wanted somewhere for our children to enjoy.
From the Owner
“We bought this property in 2003 as we really enjoyed the peace and tranquility of the area and wanted somewhere for our children to enjoy.”
Activity and Interests
The region has several airports including Bergerac (approx. 1 hr drive), Brive (45 mins) and Limoges 1 ½ hrs) which are serviced by a number budget airlines with flights from various departure points in UK. Driving is also a possibility (around 9 ½ hrs from Calais and 6 ½ from Le Havre/Caen).
The use of a car is essential as the property is situated in a rural location.
Montignac is approximately 10 minutes away as well as the world famous Lascaux caves. There are many places to visit in the surrounding areas including Sarlat (25 min drive), Les Eyzies, Roque Gageac, Domme, Hautefort and Terrasson all within easy reach.
The river Vezere is a popular location for hiring a canoe or kayak and this is a 10 minute drive to Montignac. The town also has many restaurants and shops as well as all the major French banks. There is also a large supermarket in the area
Cycling and walking are popular activities in the area. There is a small lake with a reasonably priced bar/ restaurant (The Gangette) which often has live bands playing in the summer.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please book by email. At the time of booking we require a £100 deposit with the balance payable 6 weeks before departure.
Our preferred changeover day is a Saturday however please enquire if you require a different day.
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- There is a modern first floor bathroom with a wc and a corner bath/shower. On the ground floor there is a further bathroom/utility room containing a bath with shower and a washing machine. There is also a separate wc.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: On the first floor there are 2 good sized single bedrooms and a double. A further double bedroom is found on the second floor again with beautiful oak beams.
- Outside: There is a private garden with a patio and a lawned area. We also provide a table with 6 chairs for outside dining as well as a wooden patio set for a more relaxed seating area. There is a hexagonal above ground private pool approx. 10ft in diameter and a depth of 1.2m. . There is a large stone barbecue on the large patio with swings & small slide as well as a trampoline for children Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are provided and will be provided fully laundered on arrival.