A luxury standard 3-bedroom Period House in Winchcombe, The Cotswolds within a 2 minute walk to the town's amenities
Treacle Mary's is a Grade-II listed Georgian fronted house situated in heart of the Cotswolds in the historic town of Winchcombe, home to Sudeley Castle and a range of fine restaurants, pubs and antique shops. The house is a truly home-from-home that is beautifully furnished in a warm, contemporary style complementing the character of this Cotswold stone facade and beam and stone interior. Being of the Georgian period, the house was built around the 1760s and so there is one wonky floor to look out for! In contrast to the period feel, Treacle Mary's is equipped with a full range of modern facilities and luxury that provide a real treat, from the sumptious 2014 brand new sofas and soft furnishings, Aga range cooker, induction hub, oven-grill-microwave combi-oven, Nespresso coffee machine, to the huge French silver rattan main King Size bed (from AndSoToBed), and the two Smart Freesat 50-inch TVs, 2 x Blu-Ray DVD players plus the usual Broadband-WiFi facility. The house sleeps six in three bedrooms with a bathroom and a ground floor cloakroom. (A possible seventh person can be accomodated). Guests can park in the nearby garage or town car park (£1 a day), and street parking is possible at times. Treacle Mary's is simply perfect for a family or a group of friends seeking a peaceful retreat, whilst being close to shops, restaurants as well as the delightfully-English Cotswold region for walks and village exploring. A six-eight minute drive takes you to the village of Broadway (Snowshill Manor/National Trust), or to Cheltenham, passing The Bugatti Owners Club. A short 15-20 minute drive would take you to Chipping Campden, Moreton-on-Marsh, Stow-on-the-Wold, and National Trust favourites Hidcote Gardens and Croome House. For those who love the Cheltenham races there is a direct, regular bus service running from Winchcombe to the race ground.
• The front door opens into a lobby for coats and shoes.
Ground floor rooms with warm oak doors:
• The lounge-lobby area/hallway comprises a small seating area with Mariner's chair suitable for laptop use plus a separate 2-seat sofa opposite the fireplace.
• The large 22-foot living room has oak beams, large wooden sash windows and an inglenook fireplace. There is comfy seating for a further six with a 50" widescreen Smart TV with Freesat, Internet and Catch-Up TV services, a Blu-Ray DVD player, and a large assortment of recently released quality films for all ages
• The dining room is open plan to the kitchen and has a stable door that opens to the back garden. The dining room contains a wooden dining table, with seating for up to 7 and a large Georgian chest;
• The kitchen is in a typical farmhouse style with a flagstone floor, Belfast sink and views of the garden. We love slow-cooking hotpots & casseroles in the double oven Aga and two hot cooking plates, but we also use the separate 4-ring induction hob, and the large 2014-Saqmsung combi-microwave grill oven, which we have used to cook full roast dinners on. The kitchen also provides a kettle, toaster, Nespresso coffee machine, a large fridge - freezer, and a washing machine.
• The garden is fully enclosed and visible from the kitchen/breakfast room. It is approx 60 foot long and with the available outdoor furniture it has ample space for our guests to relax on those lovely summery evenings.
• The maximum standard occupancy of the property is six guests.
*** Sorry no pets or smoking indoors is permitted ***
Bed linen and towels:
• Hotel quality bed linen and thick 5-star standard towels are provided for guests.
Arrival and departure times:
• Arrival time is after 3pm and departure time is by 10am.
• Access is via a key safe, therefore it does not matter if you are arriving late at night.
Heating, fuel and logs:
• The property has a gas fired central heating system with further heating topped up by the kitchen Aga which is left permanently on.
• Electricity and gas are included in the rental price.
• The property has free wireless internet access, via a BT hot spot, an iPod dock, and two Freesat Smart TVs both with a connected Blu-Ray DVD player.
• There is no telephone at the property, however, mobile phone reception is generally good.
• Where a letting exceeds seven nights, a mid-stay clean, bed and towel change are included in the price.
• Additional housekeeping services may be available on request.
• Child friendly facilities are not provided.
• Please feel free to bring your own items, such as travel cots and high chairs.
• A small quantity of initial consumables may be left for your convenience, such as tea, coffee, sugar, dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, soap, washing powder, toilet rolls, etc.
• However, you should not expect any such provisions to be sufficient for the duration of your stay.
• The house has a garage for a small family car.
• Free on-street unrestricted parking in nearby streets.
• Disabled parking is just outside the house (15 feet away).
• Parking is restricted just outside the house.
• The town also has £1 daily parking in Back Lane approx. 150 metres away.
Accessibility, health and safety:
• The property has multiple floors including into the garden, which would pose difficulty to guests with limited mobility, or carrying babies, both in terms of their general movement and their ability to quickly exit the house in the event of an emergency.
• The smoke and CO detectors operate on a sound only basis and, therefore, those who have serious impairment of hearing may not be able to hear the alarm systems and could be at risk.
• Smoking & Pets: Smoking is not permitted throughout the property.
• Regrettably, pets are also not accepted.
• Should these conditions be breached a further charge may arise from any clean-up operation.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
As British holidaymakers we totally fell in love with Winchcombe and the Cotswolds region which is designated as an AONB (Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty) by the English tourist agency, in order to conserve and enhance the natural beauty of the landscape.
We've set up Treacle Mary's to be a great relaxing home-from-home with a luxurious feel to it, whilst also keeping to its country period house feel.
We have enjoyed doing a complete refurbishment on the house in 2014 and hope that you enjoy it (and look after it) too.
5 based on 5 holidaymaker reviews
Had a fabulous break here while visiting Cheltenham racecourse. A charming cottage that met all our needs and more. Had every facility you could need for a break away from it all, very clean and a great location in Winchcombe which is a lovely village. Some nice pubs which all served excellent food and a couple of restaurants to visit also. I would wholeheartedly recommend Treacle Mary's for a wonderful getaway and hope to return again one day.
Just the tonic we needed
After a stressful time and in need of some R & R Treacle Mary's was the perfect place for a welcome break in the beautiful Cotswolds. The house is lovely and extremely well equipped. We were very cosy in the kitchen with the aga going and snuggled up on the comfy sofas after dinner to watch the high quality TV. Fabulous gastropub only 50 metres away. Winchcombe and the general area very attractive. We will be booking again. Thanks to Maggie who looks after the house and was very helpful.
Treacle Mary's is a new, beautiful, cosy and extremely clean house. There are all the facilities that you may need, everything is there to make your stay comfortable and lovely. Moreover the owners are very helpul and nice. We have spent a wonderful week there with our kids and they loved it.
Winchcombe is a very nice village and it has the awesome Sudeley Castle within a 10 minutes walk. The house is really well situated and from there we visited Wales (Cardiff, Barry...) and Stonhenge, Oxford, Bath, Bristol, Stratford Upon Avon.. and the Cotswolds countryside is beautiful.
Thanks for the unforgettable experience.
Marta (Barcelona - Catalonia)
A lovely, inviting, home from home
This was a lovely cottage full of character in the heart of Winchcombe which has plenty of shops, eateries and walks nearby. The cottage was extremely well and thoughtfully equipped, including rucksacks in the lobby, an umbrella and a basket of clean slippers by the door! The bed linen was as good as any hotel I have been in and the level of entertainment provided was excellent with a large selection of games, jigsaws and DVDs. The house was clean and easy to find and there was even a vase of fresh flowers to welcome us. We were fortunate enough to have the weather to get out the modern garden furniture provided and to sit in the sunny and well maintained cottage garden. It was hard to fault this property in any way, although tall people beware if using the top attic room as the ceiling slopes quite low.
From the Owner
“Why Winchcombe? Well, aside from being a proper working town with a full set of shops for daily life it also has great restaurants/pubs and antique shops. Also, it is in a brilliant location near to all the gorgeous villages and not far from Cheltenham if you want shop too or attend one they famous Cheltenham Festivals. The garden is approx 60 foot long and with the available outdoor furniture it has ample space for our guests to relax on those lovely summery evenings. Also, since Treacle Mary's is in central Winchcombe you will find that you get all the convenience of a quick shop should you be missing anything. We hope you fall in love with Winchcombe and its surrounding scenery too.”
Activity and Interests
Winchcombe falls within the Cotswolds region which is designated as an AONB (Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty) by the English tourist agency, Natural England in order to conserve and enhance the natural beauty of the landscape.
A six-eight minute drive takes you to the village of Broadway (Snowshill Manor/National Trust), or to Cheltenham, passing The Bugatti Owners Club, in the opposite direction.
Treacle Mary's and Winchcombe is perfectly positioned for a Cheltenham race weekend; 7-min drive/frequent bus service to Prestbury and walk down with fellow racegoers.
A short 15-20 minute drive would take you to Chipping Campden, Moreton-on-Marsh, Stow and National Trust favourites Hidcote Gardens and Croome House.
• Winchcombe town has its own parking facility 150 metres away from the house in Back Lane by the library, for which the all-day charge rate is £1.
• Some local side streets do have unrestricted parking bays.
• Renters do have the option of using the property’s garage, although this is not a large garage and space is very tight. A charge would naturally occur if damage arises to the garage building or door, which would be pursued through the Small Claims Court in the unlikely event.
• Parking is available on the street outside subject to council terms, generally 1 hour limit in peak day (9am – 5pm). Failure to adhere to the North Street parking restrictions will likely result in a parking ticket, as the road is policed by the Council traffic enforcement regularly. Any resulting fines and/or towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
6 Sep 2016 - 17 Dec 2016
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 5 guests; add £25 per night, per additional guest|
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
-- We do require a security deposit in advance in case of breakages / damage
-- We can only accomodate payment via bank transfer / BACS only as credit card/Paypal charges are prohibitive
-- We like to make it easier for advance renters by splitting the remaining balance usually 60 and/or 30 days prior to arrival
-- Reminders: (1) We cannot accomodate pets unfortunately, (2) Smoking inside is strictly prohibited
FRI & MON are the standard arrival days for
• 3 Night Weekends
• 4 Night Mid-Week Breaks
• Week long breaks commencing FRI or MON
We try to be flexible to your arrival and departure days, so please feel free to contact us so we can meet your needs.
Notes on prices:
• We are highly flexible on days/periods required, so please enquire.
• A 2-night weekend booking is only feasible when a cleaning charge of £50 for four guests or £80 for 6-7 guests
• Please note that pricing does peak for popular periods such as Cheltenham race weeks/days and family/school holiday weeks
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
From the Owner
“You really will enjoy the extra touches that give Treacle Mary's that sense of a luxury break, whether it is revelling in the silver King Size bedroom with its grand silver leaf French bed and 48" wide screen TV, or getting a great night's sleep on the tempur mattresses on all the beds, or sneaking a few cheeky Nespresso coffees. Upon request, if you wish to extend your party to a seventh person we can provide an extra Zed-bed with sprung mattress in the twin bedroom with extra bed linen and towels.”
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Fireplace ...
- Garage ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player ...
- Games ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Video Library ...
- Events Allowed
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- recreation centre
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- mountain biking
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- • Main bathroom with shower, heater towel rail, wash basin and wc. • Thick hotel-style towels complete the luxury. • Ground floor cloakroom, just 4 feet from the back door.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 comfortably in 3 bedrooms (max. 7) Notes on bedrooms: Sumptuous Tempur mattresses on 4 beds: • King Size bedroom: Luxurious silver leafed french rattan bed, silver wardrobe & chest, 2 bedsides, 48" Smart TV, DVD • Double bed, chest/bedside • 2nd floor twin beds. Optional 3rd fold-up, sprung mattress bed
- Garden ...
- Notes on accommodation: You will sleep easy on our sumptuous Tempur and memory foam mattresses. • These mattresses are on the King Size, Double and even the two twin beds • Each of the memory foam mattresses mould to the shape of your body that ensure you get a really comfortable sleep away from home • All of the mattresses are top of the range and have a breathable top layer • All beds have a summer and winter duvet option plus extra blankets and top home-luxury quality throws Outside: • The outdoor garden space is mainly laid to lawn with floral borders. • Garden furniture is available for use during sunny days from the garden brick shed. • Guests are requested to return the furniture to the shed before rainy days and departure. • There are three steps into the grassy garden area Utility Room: Second WC with wash basin. (Just outside the back door). 2014 Samsung eco-washing machine. 2015 tumble dryer Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: • Top quality cotton bed linen and thick hotel-style towels will complete your luxury break • The weekly cleaning service keeps this luxury property looking beautiful • To help you have a painless stay we provide 12-place settings (crockery and cutlery) Other: • Winchcombe's Co-op store and "Food Fanatics" delicatessen are just a 2 minute walk away • Weather-proof rattan-style garden furniture is available. (Just remember to bring the cushions indoors)