House in St Ives, Cornwall, England - Superb Location In St Ives To Offer Views Across St Ives Bay And Minutes From The Town And Beaches
The Haven is part of a large town house and has 4 bedrooms some with sea views, a large south-facing decked terrace and with the added bonus of two parking spaces right outside your door. It is just 5 minutes from Porthminster beach and a short walk to the town centre with all of the shops, pubs, delis, bistros and galleries.
The house has been furnished to accommodate a family of 9 but would be equally comfortable for smaller parties or even a couple wanting something special.
The kitchen is a chefs dream of a 6 ring gas range and plenty of preparation space, it leads through into the dining area with large wooden table and two benches flowing through to the living area. The large decked area has the sun on it for the best part of the day and is sheltered to enjoy outside dining whether breakfast or pre-dinner drinks.
The house is spacious and light and offers a warm and welcoming feel as soon as you walk in. Home from home with the added benefit of being just a short walk from the lively centre of St Ives.
We accept one well-behaved and house trained dog with a few doggy house rules. These are all clearly outlined in our booking terms and conditions which you accept when booking our property.
Please bring along the essentials - poo bags, dog shampoo, dog towels, dog beds etc. We know how important it is to have your dog on holiday with you which is why we allow your pet to come too but we ask you to respect our neighbours and others that will be holidaying at the home after your stay too.
N.B. WiFi will be available at The Haven from July 2015.
About the Owner
From the Owner
“We love St Ives because of the fantastic facilities in the area. There are some beautiful beaches with a great range of water sports, bars and restaurants. There really is something for everyone here. The area is easily accessible by road or rail. Flights come into Newquay from London City Airport.”
Activity and Interests
Porthminster beach - less than a mile away (5 minute walk)
Harbour beach with boat trips and boat hire - less than a mile away (8 minute walk) - dog friendly between October and March
Porthgwidden beach - 1 mile away (10 minute walk) dog friendly between October and March
Bamaluz beach - 1 mile away (10 minute walk) dog friendly all year round subject to tides
Porthmeor beach - 1 mile away (13 minute walk), great for surfing and watersports - dog friendly between October and March
Nearest train station - St Ives
Connecting Great Western trains at St Erth (4 miles away)
Newquay Airport - 40 miles away
Carbis Bay - 1 mile
Hayle - 4 miles
St Erth - 4 miles
Penzance - 10 miles
Marazion - 11 miles
Truro - 26 miles
Falmouth - 28 miles
Eden Project - 47 miles
Gweek Seal Sanctuary - 19 miles
Newquay Zoo - 31 miles
Land's End - 19 miles
The Lizard - 26.5 miles
Poldark country - Charlestown - 41 miles
Poldark country - Botallack Mines (Wheal Leisure) - 13 miles
Poldark country - Porthgwarra - 18 miles
Poldark country - Bodmin moor - 50 miles
Minack theatre - 21 miles
Tesco, Sainsburys and Asda all do home delivery to St Ives.
There is a Tesco between St Ives and Carbis Bay. Sainsburys in Penzance and Asda in Hayle. There are also local delis selling delicious Cornish food and drink as well as Co-ops in the town centre.
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
As a rule the changeover day is Saturday but we are flexible on this so please do ask. We accept short breaks of 3 nights or more.
Notes on prices:
We are happy to offer discounts to parties of 4 or fewer who wish to stay at the house outside of the summer school weeks so please ask for details when enquiring.
We accept bank transfers as payments - we are happy for you to call and ask us about the booking procedure. We take a 30% deposit if the date you are arriving is more than 8 weeks in advance. We take the final balance 8 weeks before your arrival as well as a £150 refundable damage deposit and other fees such as £25 per pet or high chair, travel cot hire etc.
If you would like to hire travel cots,
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The property is just 5 minutes walk from the fabulous Porthminster beach and restaurant. For those who enjoy a more active holiday, you have a choice of golf on your doorstep at Tregenna Castle, coastal path walking to stunning hidden coves, surf lesson, Stand Up Paddle lessons, kayaking, wind surfing and boat hire.”
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible
- near the sea
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- surf fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Family bathroom - bath with shower over and shower screen, WC, wash basin En-suite bathroom to zip'n'link ground floor room with large shower, WC, wash basin
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed, sea views, 1st floor
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed, bunk beds
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Large Double Bed, ground floor
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed, with en-suite
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 9 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 2 x king size bedrooms (1 has a sofa which makes 4ft bed for 1 person) 1 x twin/ king bedroom with zip'n'link beds and en-suite - single beds (2ft 6" each) or can make a king size bed 1 x bunk room (3ft beds)
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Strictly no smoking in the property. Hairdryers are provided. If you need to hire stair gates, cots, high chairs etc please let us know at the point of booking. Whilst you are on holiday, you will have a contact telephone number to call of a local St Ives property management company who will give help and advice should anything gone wrong at the property during your stay. Outside: There is a sunny south facing decked terrace with outdoor furniture. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and towels will be provided. Please bring along your own beach towels and dog towels.