House in Swanage, Dorset, England - Peaceful Large Family House With Gardens Near The Centre Of Swanage
Come and stay in our family home. Over the last year we have completely renovated this peaceful detached house and gardens. The house has a huge open plan kitchen/dining and sitting area with amazing views over Swanage toward Ballard Down. However, you may end up eating all your meals outside in one of the many outside spaces. The gardens consist of a large lawned sunny walled garden with patio, a huge terrace, furnished with BBQ, sitting area and dinning area, which gets the sun all day, a second lawned area and herb and vegetable patches where you can pick fresh produce. We have off road parking for up to 3 cars in our private lane.
About the Owner
We are a family of four who live and work in Swanage.
From the Owner
“We work in Swanage and love the town. We moved here as we believe it is the perfect place to bring up children.”
Activity and Interests
Our home is approximately 400 metres to the sandy beach of Swanage Bay, five minutes flat walk.
Nearest airport is Bournemouth, approximately 10 miles away. Poole Harbour with ferries to and from France and the North of Spain is approx 5 miles. Wareham, ten miles from Swanage, is our nearest train station.
The house is in the centre of Swanage. Durlston Country Park is ten minutes walk and Studland Nature Reserve is approx two miles from us. Corfe Castle is five miles away. The Jurassic Coast, with many wonderful beaches, including Lulworth Cove, extends from Swanage Bay towards the South-West.
There are many outdoor activities to enjoy in Swanage from mountain biking over the Purbeck hills to scuba diving under the pier in the crystal clear water. The town has many fantastic pubs and restaurants, the supermarket is 5 minutes walk away so you will not need your car. Off road parking for up to 4 vehicles right in front of the house.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
Please contact us for confirmation of availability and further information.
25% non refundable deposit. Balance payable 8 weeks in advance. In the event of cancellation, if we succeed in re-letting the week, we will gladly repay your deposit in full. A £200 damage deposit is also required.
Change over day is Saturday in high season.
Arrival from 3pm and leave by 10am.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Our house is very easy to live in. It is located 5 minutes from the beach and town centre and has ample private parking. It benefits from a large flexible living area. We also have lots of outdoor space, with several gardens including: a large, walled, sunny lawned area with patio, a medium sized lawn near the living room; a vegetable patch and herb garden just outside the kitchen door and a huge terrace which is in full sun all day.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- near the sea
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Wc bathroom with large walk in shower (downstairs) wc bathroom with walk in shower (off upstairs sitting room)
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with super king bed Bedroom 2 with single/twin bed/s Bedroom 3 with double bed Bedroom 4 with double bed Bedroom 5 with twin beds Upstairs sitting room with double futon
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The accommodation is flexible, we can provide travel cots, high chairs and there is plenty of outside space to dine, relax and enjoy the views. Outside: 4 garden areas Large walled garden with patio, picnic table (seats 6), chiminea Large terrace with BBQ, sitting area, large dinning table with chairs Side Garden with lawned area Vegetable patch and herb garden Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen provided including bath, hand and beach towels. The property will be cleaned ready for you. Other: Upstairs second sitting room/bedroom with double futon, 32'' TV and a Wii. Perfect for family sharing or as a second sitting room for children/teenagers.