Cottage in Sibford Gower, Banbury, Oxfordshire, England - Tranquility And Comfort On The Edge Of The Cotswolds
A spacious, comfortable and tranquil hidden gem, Hillcrest Cottage is an ideal location from which to explore Cotswold towns, historical attractions like Blenheim Palace and Bletchley Park or as a base for walking the many local paths, including the D'arcy Dalton Way. The Cottage was sympathetically renovated in 2015 to retain its original features and charm, but to provide additional, modern luxuries like a king sized bed, new bathrooms and bespoke kitchen. It's private, walled garden is a perfect sun trap for balmy summers evenings and the log burning fireplaces provide the perfect retreat for crisp winter nights.
Top Traveller Review
Beautiful Cottage, amazingly high standard
About the Owner
When we moved back to the UK from the United States in 2006, our requirements from a village were simple. Good walks, excellent running terrain, a village pub, a community atmosphere and properties with character. Sibford has given us all this and more, it is an unspoilt village where no two days are the same; don't be surprised to see the hunt clip-clopping through the village, an escaped chicken wandering down the road, or the Red Arrows flying overhead. We love it so much that we decided to buy Hillcrest Cottage (across the road from our main house) as a renovation project in late 2013. We hope we will be able to convey to you our love of the cottage, Sibford and the surrounding area when you come to visit us.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We have had a lovely weekend in your beautiful cottage- you have decorated it with such taste and style. We have also enjoyed getting to know another stunning part of the English countryside.
1 holidaymaker review
Beautiful Cottage, amazingly high standard
The pictures do not do this cottage justice. It is beautifully decorated, both bedrooms are very spacious and the kitchen is fitted to a very high standard with an AGA and Neff oven. The owners were lovely from the moment we booked. They recommended a riding school and booked the Wykenham Arms for us on the Saturday night which was perfect. Thank you Richard and Sara for making us feel very welcome
Activity and Interests
Birmingham airport is 50 minutes from the Cottage. There is a train which goes directly from the airport to Banbury train station, which is a 20 minute taxi journey from the Cottage. Taxis are available outside the train station.
London Heathrow is 75 minutes from the Cottage. Car hire is widely available from LHR.
Seven miles from Banbury.
30 minutes from Stratford upon Avon
40 minutes from Oxford (very traffic dependent)
40 minutes from Cotswold towns like Broadway and Chipping Campden
25 minutes from Stow-on-the-Wold
40 minutes from Bicester Village retail outlet for shopping
75 minutes door-to-door from London on the train from Banbury
Banbury is the nearest place to go for most amenities. We have a village shop which is walking distance from the Cottage, in the neighbouring village of Sibford Ferris. There is a French patisserie a short drive away in the Brailes. The village pub, The Wykham Arms, is 150 metres away and The Chandlers Arms, is a five minute drive away in nearby Epwell.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
50% deposit on booking. Refundable if cancelled 30 days in advance of check-in.
Remaining 50% payable 7 days prior to arrival. For last minute bookings, less than 14 days prior to arrival, 100% is payable on booking.
Flexible changeover. Check-in at 3pm, check-out at 10am. If we don't have bookings immediately either side of your visit, it may be possible to have early check-in/ late check-out. We will do our best to accommodate you, just ask.
Notes on prices:
Short term lets are available for a minimum two night stay, please enquire using email@example.com for prices per night.
Discounts may be available for last minute bookings
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Family bathroom: freestanding bath, corner shower, WC and sink. Heated towel rail, shaver point and underfloor heating. Overlooking the garden. Ensuite: shower room with underfloor heating, WC and sink. Overlooking the garden. Downstairs loo as well.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom: luxurious king sized bed, ensuite shower room, 17th century elm floorboards, five door fitted wardrobe with shelf space, bedside tables with lamps. Second bedroom: double bed, bedside tables with lamps, window seat, freestanding wardrobe
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Free wifi throughout the property. Outside: Private walled garden with patio and lawn with pretty flower beds. BBQ and outdoor seating area. Alternatively, the lawn at the adjacent Main House is available for guests to play croquet and boules in the summer time. Utility Room: Combined washer/dryer with a large sink and cupboard for cleaning equipment. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels, bed linen and bathrobes are included. For stays of two weeks or more, the cottage will be cleaned weekly, and all bed linen and towels replaced. Other: Dining room with seating for six people with an original inglenook fireplace with log burning stove.