House in Vinca, Ille Sur Tet, Pyrenees Orientales, Languedoc Roussillon, France - Vinca And Its Lake Sit In The Beautiful Tet Valley Surrounded By Vines, Peach And Olive Trees
Our property is a well equipped and furnished village house with four bedrooms, a games room and roof terrace. It is located in the centre of the old village and within a few minutes walk of all local amenities and ten minutes from the lake. It is ideally situated for those who enjoy countryside walks , the Mediterranean coast, historical and cultural visits.
About the Owner
About Clive and Lynda Moore
We are retired teachers living permanently in Vinca. We began holidaying in the region in 1987 and have had a house here since 2002. We therefore know the area very well and will be happy to advise on sight seeing in this beautiful part of the Pyrenees Orientale.
By car, Vinca is situated 20 minutes from Perpignan, 35 minutes from the Mediterranean resort of Canet Plage, 50 minutes from the ski resorts around Font Romeau and only 45 minutes from the border with Spain.
Our property is located in the heart of the old village near to the impressive and very old church. It is a few minutes walk away from all the village amenities . Vinca is set in the Tet Valley and is surrounded by peach orchards and olive groves.
Why Clive and Lynda Moore chose Conflent
We first came to this part of France in 1987 with our children for a camping holiday. We returned every year and in 2002 bought this property as a holiday home. In 2008 we moved to Vinca to live permanently.
It is an ideal location. This area boasts 300 days of sunshine a year and there are countless opportunities for sight seeing with many social and cultural events on offer particularly in the summer months.
Perpignan, Carcassonne, Narbonne and Montpellier are all easy drives ranging from 20 minutes to 2 hours. The Mediterranean coast and the ski resorts are an hour or less away. Even Barcelona is only a 2 hours and 20 minutes drive or a quicker rail journey from Perpignan.
Having said all that, Vinca is a village and so peace and quiet is a reality.
What makes this house unique
A basic welcome pack will be made available for our guests. We will do our best to accommodate any particular requests and as we live in the village ourselves, we can be on hand to help and advise.
Finally, and on request, transfer by car to and from Perpignan airport can be arranged for up to 4 people for a fee of 20 euros.
From the Owner
“We first came to this part of France in 1987 with our children for a camping holiday. We returned every year and in 2002 bought this property as a holiday home. In 2008 we moved to Vinca to live permanently. It is an ideal location. This area boasts 300 days of sunshine a year and there are countless opportunities for sight seeing with many social and cultural events on offer particularly in the summer months. Perpignan, Carcassonne, Narbonne and Montpellier are all easy drives ranging from 20 minutes to 2 hours. The Mediterranean coast and the ski resorts are an hour or less away. Even Barcelona is only a 2 hours and 20 minutes drive or a quicker rail journey from Perpignan. Having said all that, Vinca is a village and so peace and quiet is a reality.”
Activity and Interests
The Mediterranean resorts of Les Barcares, Canet Plage, St Cyprien and Argeles are all within a 45 minute drive. St Cyprien also has an excellent Water Park. There are many beautiful smaller coastal resorts including the spectacular Collioure where several acclaimed artists worked, including Matisse and Derain.
Banyuls and Port Vendres are on same coastline and have a wonderful selection of restaurants.
Perpignan airport is a 30 minute drive from Vinca. Carcasonne is 90 minutes away as is Gerona in Spain. Beziers is 75 minutes. Montpellier and Toulouse are approximately 2 hours and 2 hours 15 mins away,respectively.
Car hire is recommended for ease of local travel but it is not essential as there is an excellent regional bus service that links Vinca with Perpignan and many other towns and villages in the Pyrenees Orientale. Each bus journey costs 1 Euro per person!
The village of Vinca has the following facilities and amenities:2 bakeries, a butcher with deli, 2 bars, 2 restaurants, a newsagent (daily British papers available), 2 hairdressers, a post office, a bank, a pharmacy, a small but well stocked supermarket, a florist and of course a local cave selling wine at very reasonble prices.
Vinca has a lake and man made beach with a childrens Kiddy Park.
There are quite literally dozens of leisure activities within easy driving distance. These include canyoning, rafting, hill and mountain walking, tennis, golf, skiing, quad biking, cycling etc
Prospective clients may wish to view www.ville-vinca.fr for more information.
The owners will be happy to help and advise with any particular requests.
The region is steeped in history, has a particular Catalan character and there are countless sightseeing and cultural activities throughout the year. The world famous Pablo Casals Festival is particularly popular during July and August. Rugby fans may be interested in watching either The Catalan Dragons Rugby League team or USAP, Pepignan's Rugby Union Team. The owners will be happy to assist.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
Bookings will be confirmed by e.mail. A deposit of 20% on booking. Simple booking conditions will be provided on request.
Normally, arrival and departure day will be Saturday but alternative arrangements are negotiable depending on availability.
Check out by 10.00 am. Check in from 3.00pm.
Balance prior to arrival
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“A basic welcome pack will be made available for our guests. We will do our best to accommodate any particular requests and as we live in the village ourselves, we can be on hand to help and advise. Finally, and on request, transfer by car to and from Perpignan airport can be arranged for up to 4 people for a fee of 20 euros.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Ground floor wc adjacent to the utility room and bedroom 1 Second floor bathroom with bath/shower, wash basin, wc and bidet. This bathroom connects to bedroom 2 and is adjacent to bedroom 3. Fourth floor shower room, wash basin and separate wc.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed on the ground floor. Bedroom 2 with a double bed on second floor. Bedroom 3 with twin single beds on second floor. Bedroom 4 with twin single beds on the fourth floor.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: The following can be made available on request: cot and bedding high chair baby walker and toys cool box picnic materials/equipment up to four bicycles are available for loan Outside: The large roof terrace provides good views of the village, its impressive church and the Canigou. There is a small gas BBQ, outdoor tables and chairs for eight people and two sun loungers with cushions. Large awning and sun umbrella. Utility Room: Fridge freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer and ceiling mounted drying rack. Original Butler sink. Ironing board and iron. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Weekly supply of bed linen, towels and tea towels. The property will be thoroughly cleaned after each letting. Extra cleaning on request but is not included in the price. Other: On the third floor there is a large Games Room, equipped with small settee, full size table football machine, half size snooker table, darts board, small stereo unit, pine table with bench seating and a selection of board games and jigsaw puzzles.