Barn in St Ives, Cornwall, England - Peaceful Location With Parking. 10 Minute Walk To Town And Beaches
Stylishly restored with vaulted ceilings to maximise the stunning St Ives light, Little Barn at Bahavella perfectly typifies the expression 'good things come in small packages.' This gorgeous attached property retains the cosiness of an authentic Cornish cottage and has been restored using reclaimed materials from the original barn, including beautiful granite stones, handmade reclaimed window sills and original delabole stale tiles in the bathroom.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
"We have spent the week here on our honeymoon and what a wonderful week we've had! We love the Little Barn, it's so comfortable and cosy. We would love to stay here at the Little Barn again." Kym & David
"We had a lovely holiday here with our 8 month old baby. The cottage is cosy and the views are stunning" Rachel & Mark
"We have had a lovely time here and I am so glad I found Little Barn on the internet! The barn is warm and cosy as well as very pretty and nicely done out and we have felt very welcome throughout our stay. Sappho and Nathan, Oxford
"Lovely week spent at Little Barn. Everything very relaxing and well thought of. Would definitely recommend the accommodation to friends and family and would not hesitate to visit again. Darren & Tina Shropshire
"Well what can we say, everything was beautiful!! Little Barn, weather, St Ives, countryside, skies, sea, beaches etc etc" Chris & Sheila Striling Scotland
"Merveilleux! La Little Barn est parfaite pour quelques jours en paradis! Thank you so much Claire & Lawrence for your warm welcome." Sarah & Fiona, London and Geneva Switzerland
"A wonderful short winter break at the Little Barn. The Little Barn is so cosy and welcoming - thank you Claire, Lawrence for a wonderful welcome and for all the little extras (we love the flowers!) Helen and Ron , Oxford
"Honeymoon in Cornwall? YES! What a coastline; beaches, sunshine (and sunburn), ice-cream, bat and ball, to-die-for seafood and the quiet and views from the barn. A wonderful welcome to St Ives we only wish we had longer. This week will live long in our memory. Fantastic, cosy little barn" Gerard and Katy EIRE
"We have had a wonderful week here in St Ives, and thoroughly enjoyed the unexpected Indian Summer! Claire, Lawrence and little Isla have made us feel so welcome here at Little Barn, which is beautiful and has all the home comforts and luxury touches we could have hoped for. Thank you so much!" Ian & Donna Castleford, W.Yorkshire
"We have had a wonderful stay at The Little Barn. It was like being home from home. Absolutely loved the decor of the barn, the perfect place to stay. Will be recommending this place to stay to friends and family and think we may return next year. Rebecca & Garry, Cambridgeshire
"Beautiful place with all the home comforts & facilities we could ask for - especially with a 3 month old baby. Sea view from the living room and deck - amazing! Claire & Lawrence - have have been very helpful and friendly which is much appreciated." Mark, Claire & Jensen, Stevenage Herts.
"Fantastic location, fantastic renovation of Little Barn. Really enjoyed our stay and would visit again! Thank you Claire for the loan of the baby things..A home from home! See you again." Cath, Steve & Poppy,
Activity and Interests
All of St Ives beaches are within 10-15 minutes walk. There is the beautiful and calm Porthminster beach with world renowned beach cafe, Porthmeor beach with its wild Atlantic surf, Porthwidden beach, small and sheltered, and the Harbour beach surrounded by great eateries and frequented by seals.
Newquay Airport - an hours drive away.
Penzance - 8 miles
Truro - 28 miles
Zennor - 5 miles
Lands End - 16 miles
Little Barn is 10 minutes walk from the centre of St Ives with the Tate gallery, and a great range of shops and restaurants.
- Booking Notes:
Please contact owner.
Alternatively Google little barn at Bahavella and book online through the CHYCOR website
Fridays- to avoid the busy weekend traffic.
Out of high season short breaks may be available.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Slate floor bathroom with exposed timbers and underfloor heating. Bath with shower, wc and washbasin.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom with large king sized bed. Vaulted ceiling with roof light. Double aspect windows and underfloor heating. Cot available on request.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The cottage has a large bedroom with king-size bed, double aspect windows and roof light, one large sitting/kitchen area with dining table and sofa-bed, a good-sized hallway for storing those buckets and spades or artisan purchases, and a bathroom with contemporary bath and shower fittings. From the comfortable seating in the living area the sea-views across the meadow remind you how truly close you are to the beautiful and renowned beaches of St Ives. There is parking for one car and an additional studio space for budding artists, which includes access to an outside garden area with countryside and sea views. Outside: The property has a garden area with outside seating. Barbecue available. Views from garden across St Ives and the bay. Utility Room: Washing machine and tumble dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen and towels are included(except beach towels). Other: Access to studio to store your beach equipment etc