9 Parchimbaud St Sebastien 23160 - Peaceful and a beautiful location in the land of a thousand lakes
A holiday at Walnut Cottage has something for everyone for those who want to experience long and relaxing days, for those who wish to swim and try the water sports at the lake. For those of you who are golfers so many courses to choose.
Fishermen, there is a wide range of fish, the carp will pleasantly shock you; they come from all over Europe to fish in this area. Not forgetting the amateur photographer, the walker, the cyclist, what ever you want from your holiday, the Creuse and surrounding area has this and more to offer.
St Sebastien is so close to where the famous painters came to paint including Claude Monet & Armand Guillaumin the Sedelle valley is famous for their painting and after visiting the site you will see why just amazing.
The famous George Sands frequently walked around the ruins of Crozant inviting the impressionist painters to the area as it was so beautiful.
For all animal lovers you could'nt chose a better place to be ZooParc de Beauval has Giant Pandas Then there is La Vallee des Singes where monkeys and apes are many, Planet Crocodiles where there are plus 200 crocodiles to see how amazing are these places to visit and only a car ride away so you see there is definatly something for everyone hope to see. Please if you have any questions remember we are here to help. Check out our photographs to see just a little piece of what is on offer
We are delighted with the new extention of a second bedroom to Walnut Cottage, as well as the new bedroom Walnut Cottage has been newly decorated throughout, we are sure you will be as pleased with the result as we are , we really hope your holiday will be a holiday to remember, and we look forward to meeting you .
About the Owner
I have been married to Fred for 43 years we met in Gibraltar whist he was serving in the British Army we have a Son and Daughter 7 grandchildren and one great grandson we are lucky enough to have our son Matthew his wife and two of our grandchildren living close by our daughter Vicky husband Steve and our 5 grandchildren have a holiday home here . Fred and I are very keen gardeners we are lucky enough to have a very large garden that we can share with our guests. On Friday I go to a class where I have learnt to paint on porcelain I am NOT an artist by any means but I am proud of some of my work which one or two pieces you will find in the cottage.
I am an avid reader my Kindle goes everywhere with me well you know a little about us and we would love to get to know hopefully see you soon
Guestbook comments from the owner
This is our first season with Owners Direct so as yet we have not received any guests
From the Owner
“We found this litle peace of heaven as I call it and bought in 1996 so we are in our 9th year now and loving the tranquility of our little Hamlet, the country side is just so beautiful and we are so close to many of the most wonderful places that if you visit you will know what I mean, we are only 2.5 hours away from the nearest ski resort and the opposite contrast 10 minutes from our amazing swimming lake . We are 5 minutes from the nearest main freeway Paris is only 2.5 hours by train that leaves St Sebastien only2 KM from here so you can begin to see although we are rural we are also a stones throw by can to many amazing places”
Activity and Interests
We are in the land of a thousand lakes
Our beach/lake is approx 15 minutes drive where you can swim or try the many sailing or water sports
We are also close to La brenne National Park exceptional wildlife area
Nearest Airport Limoges 50 minutes away Ryanair and Flybe have many flights to and from the UK
Calais is the nearest port for Ferries and Euro Tunnel approx 7 Hours away
Use of car is essential
Nearest village is St Sebastien which is 2km away which has a train station and has regular trains to Paris which take approx 2.5 hrs
Argenton sur Creuse A gallo-RomanCity dating back to 2AD
Valley of the painters 6km The Sedelle
Crozant Medievial ruins of Crozant 6 km
Gargillese Voted one of the most beautiful villages in France
So many places for you to visit all within a short car ride away
Many markets and Brocants
There are several Resturants for you to spoil yourselves. Eguzon 7km away offers a good supermarket Pharmacy Bank Post Office Doctors Vet bakers and many other shops. Also 2 minutes from there is our local Lac Chambon this has all the water sports you need from the active to the not so active and there is a play area for the little ones
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
15 Apr 2017 - 26 May 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
A deposit of £100.00 per rental week is to be received 10 days after confirming your booking the balance to be received 4 weeks prior to your holiday start date
We ask for a breakage/damage deposit of £100.00payable on a seperate cheque with the balance of your payment THIS CHEQUE WILL NOT BE CASHED AND RETURNED TO YOU WITHIN 14 DAYS SUBJECT TO SATISFACTORY INSPECTION.
Flexable change over day.
Arrival time from 4pm
Departure time 10am
Notes on prices:
When only two people book we reduce our rates and they are as follows
Low season 11/4/2015 - 29/5/2015 per night min stay of 4 nights £39.00 per night
per week £280.00
High Season 30/5/2015 - 25/9/2015 per night min stay of 4 nights £55.00 per night
per week £360.00
I also charge £30.00 per dog per week(However the dog must be supervised at all times and be well behaved the owner is resposible for cleaning up after the dog the dog is not allowed on furniture or beds
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Firstly where we are in the Creuse for the past 8 years it has been voted the safest place in France to live,its amazing notlocking the doors is something that we are getting to complacent about, Traffic well thats something you dont often see traffic jams are unheard of we have cattle and sheep farms in our hamlet so you are always close to nature and our neighbours are few but very friendly, its just a great place to live.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Hob ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable
- Toys ...
- Video Library
- children welcome
- pets considered
- smoking allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- bird watching
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- jet skiing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- The shower room consists of shower wc and wash hand basin the photograph shows it really has character
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: The Cottage sleeps 4 Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed bedroom 2 with twin beds a cot can be provided on request Variety of books Bedside lamps
- Bicycles ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Tennis ...
- 4 bicycles
- Notes on accommodation: A welcome pack is provided on arrival.For those that book for for 7 nights or more The garden is shared with the owner although it is large enough to feel private. If there is anything we can supply that has not been mentioned please feel free to ask. Towels and bed linen are supplied at the beginning of your holiday however please bring towels that are to be used at the lake or just for sun bathing You will always find a warm welcome at Walnut Cottage The Cottage is always cleaned to a very high standard Outside: We are keen gardens and i think you will be pleasantly surprised the garden is shared however it is large enough to feel private there are 4 patio ares including one by the fish pond, you will have your own bbq , sun loungers garden chairs, places to sunbath or shady areas, we have several bikes that you would be welcome to use . If the stawberries are ready you are very welcome to pick them we want you to love our garden as we do Utility Room: Cutlery Glasses Cps & saucers Mugs Egg Cups Juice Jugs Fruit bowls Potato peelers Wine opener Table mats Servettes First aid box sewing kit Fire extinguisher Dinner Plates Tea Plates Soup dishes Wine glasses water glasses Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels are provided on arrival linen are provided on arrival, you will always find the cottage in a very clean condition and to be left in the same condition Other: On arrival you will find complimentary Tea Coffee and Sugar and a welcome pack AT NO EXTRA CHARGE.(Given to those who book 7 days or more)