Your ideal venue for weddings, corporate events and other celebrations located in the Bordeaux wine region
Chateau de Pitray looks back on 5 centuries of history. Among its previous owners are the Count of Pitray and Countesse de Segur.
The castle is beautifully located in a 3 hectar park next to the Dordogne River,
Nearby you will find golf courses,many attractive location for visiting.
There are walks and alleys around the castle,two big terraces. Our wild field area has been a success during 28 years. So,if you are searching a magical place for a wedding, events, seminars, theatre, music courses or a film location we propose you the best. Pitray is not only a big and fabulous castle that are changing completly to a season at another(in each season the castle is magnificent) but this castle is a place privileged because the trees and all the nature are naturals monuments. Pitray,is first of all the place and the scene of all pleasures of the life:the conspiracy between the river and the sun,wind and fresh grass,the pleasure to spent the most special moments with your family and friends. so,the castle is the alliance between an historical authentic past and a shiny present and a beautiful feature.
The rates doesn't include the reception halls and "l'Orangerie" rental, and cleaning fees
Please consult us for special moments as wedding and corporate events.
About the Owner
My name is Michel, together with my wife Inge we are the owner of this wonderful chateau.
Guestbook comments from the manager
What a wonderful place for our private wedding ceremony with family and friends, and what a careful way, Mr. and Mrs. Benjamin arranged it.
All day long our guests could use the whole place for the performance of their wedding gifts as for example sending out balloons, performing capoeira fights, playing piano, singing, dancing etc.. There was a coffee break in the afternoon and in the evening we had a delicious wedding meal including amuse gueules and champaign in the yard and then again infront of the cheminee.
It was at all times possible to cook special meal for the attending seven mostly small children and the children much enjoyed running around in the garden with its many adventurous corners and in the chateau.
All our guests very much enjoyed living in one of the tasteful decorated rooms and strolling around the surroundings.
We were so lucky during these terrific four days / three nights stay and are very thankful for all the owners have done for us.
Great recommendation for the performance of ceremonial events.
From the Owner
“This chateau is located on the side of the river, what makes it unique compared with other Chateau's”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Atlantic Ocean 120 km 90 minute drive.
Airoport of Bordeaux-Merignac 1h
Airoport of Bergerac 35 min.
TGV station Libourne 20 min.
Gare de Vélines 5 min.
Bordeaux 50 min.
Saint Emilion 20 min.
Sainte Foy la Grande 10 min.
Bergerac 35 min.
Castillon la bataille 10 min.
Libourne 20 min.
Gastronomic region, restaurants, wine tasting, Archaeological sites.
canoeing on the Dordogne river, Horse riding, walking routes and biking.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
16 May 2016 - 31 Dec 2016
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£841|
You rent the whole castle all exclusive, additional service not included,
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- chateau / country house
- Away From It All
- Farm Holidays
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Room
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- pets considered
- wheelchair accessible
- botanical garden
- winery tours
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- 2000 m²
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 6 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 25 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 26 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 27 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 19 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 20 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 21 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 22 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 23 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 24 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 13 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 14 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 15 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 16 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 17 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 18 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 7 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 8 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 9 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 10 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 11 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 12 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Each room is equipped with an individual bath room
- 27 Bedrooms, Sleeps 56
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Bedroom 26
- Bedroom 27
- Bedroom 28
- Bedroom 21
- Bedroom 22
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 23
- Bedroom 24
- Bedroom 25
- Bedroom 15
- Bedroom 16
- Bedroom 17
- Bedroom 18
- Bedroom 19
- Bedroom 20
- Bedroom 8
- Bedroom 9
- Bedroom 10
- Bedroom 11
- Bedroom 12
- Bedroom 14
- The Chateau offers individually designed and beautifully designed hotel rooms including 2 fully equipped suites (kitchen + living room). The interiors are a subtly and well-balanced blend of classical representative architecture and the warmness of the Orient - as many souvenirs of the owners travels.
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The privately owned Chateau de Pitray offers 20 individually designed and beautifully appointed bedrooms, all with private en suite bathrooms. In addition there is a bridal suite with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and a separate dormitory room. The Chateau, with its 120 sq morangerie, is a perfect location for wedding receptions, film locations, events, parties, corporate hospitality, product promotion and conferences. The Chateau can Cater for up to 180 guests. Private chefs and chauffeur can be arranged. Organic fruit and vegetables from the region can be purchase during the season. From April to October meals can be served on the terrace overlooking the Dordogne River. During the winter months there are dining rooms with large open fires. Outside: Chateau de Pitray is a magnificent 18th century stately home, surrounded by century-old trees in a 7-acre park, boarding the Dordogne River. In this intimate, magical setting, with its splendid views of the Dordogne River from the chateau's terrace, its park and nearby orchards Utility Room: beds,closets, chairs,tables,office Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: towels and linen are included. the property are assured every day Other: we have another additional property for smaller parties or anniversaire