Cottage in Painswick, Stroud, The Cotswolds, Gloucestershire, England - Set In Wonderful Walking Country, Close To Laurie Lee's Slad Valley
A cosy Cotswold stone cottage with log burner located in the heart of Painswick a market town known as 'A village for all seasons'. The property is situated on a quiet street perfectly situated for exploring the many attractions, sporting events and festivals the Cotswold towns and villages have to offer.
Top Traveller Review
Hill Cottage- delightful
About the Owner
About Marianne Combe
Hill Cottage is owned by the Houghton family who own a working farm in Painswick. Michael and Harriet Houghton are stock farmers who are passionate about the countryside and are members of the ESA scheme (Environmentally Sensitive Area) which encourages traditional practice and maintenance on the farm.
(3 traveller reviews)
We had a great stay in Painswick. Would loved some more kitchen equipment, for instance an oven tray. But the cottage is great in the centre of the village.
Hill Cottage- delightful
Lovely clean, warm, comfortable and tastefully decorated cottage. Maryanne, the owner, was very accommodating in providing for bicycle storage. Car parking directly outside not always possible, but could always get a nearby park. It is also a 2 minute walk to town attractions and shops. Excellent value, even though only 2 of us stayed. Recommended
Very Good Spacious cottage
This is a very good spacious cottage with 2 living rooms (one on ground floor and one on 1st floor), kitchen and bathroom (1st floor), 2 good size bedrooms (2nd floor) and nice outside space for sitting in. The cottage is renovated and furnished to a high standard and is in a very central location in Painswick. I would rent again.
NB: Note that one bedroom leads into the other so suitable for family and close friends.
Activity and Interests
Car Hire is recommended for exploring the surrounding area. There are good bus links to Cheltenham and Stroud. The nearest train and main bus station is located in Stroud which is a 5 min drive away. Bristol Airport is a 45 min drive.
The cottage is in the heart of Painswick. All local amenities are within easy walking distance.
There are many activities on offer in the surrounding area. Stroud has an exceptional farmers market every Saturday and an arts and crafts market on a Sunday. Painswick is located close to the river Severn and within easy driving distance of the Forest of Dean. Gloucester has a thriving historical dock area and of course the famous Cathedral.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
Please email your enquiry, a response will confirm the availability of the property as well as terms and conditions. A £250.00 deposit must be paid to reserve your booking. This will be held on account until the rental period has ended and check out been completed. All outstanding rents must be paid in full as cleared funds at least two weeks prior to the rental period commencing. Cancellations will not be refunded post this date.
Weekly Changeover Day is normally Friday unless by prior arrangement. Please arrive after 4pm. Departure is by 10am.
Check In is at 4pm unless by prior arrangement
Check Out is at 10am unless by prior arrangement
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Away From It All
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- water parks
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- mountain biking
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- The shower room is located on the 1st floor and comprises of a shower, sink and wc.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: The Bedrooms are located on the 2nd floor of the cottage. Both bedrooms have zip and link beds which can be arranged as a king size double or two singles. Both bedrooms have plenty of storage. Bedroom 2 has a sink and a mirror.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Please note there is a raised terraced area to the rear of the property which is only accessible via steps. It is a suntrap on a summers evening perfect for BBQ's and drinks. Outside: There is a private terrace to the rear of the cottage however please be aware that access to the side and rear of the property is shared with the adjoining cottage. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The property is cleaned weekly including a changeover of linen and towels. Other: On the first floor there is a second living area with a two seater sofa, dining table and four chairs and second television.