House in Richelieu, Indre-et-Loire, Centre / Loire Valley, France - Quiet country feel in the garden a minutes walk from the square and all its amenities.
AN EXCEPTIONAL PROPERTY - As featured in 25 Beautiful Homes magazine October 2006 issue. A beautifully renovated 4 double bedroom stone "maison ancienne" parts of which date back to the 17th century set within the historical walled town of Richelieu in the Southern Loire. Comfortably sleeping 8, the house is furnished to a high standard and features log fires and Burgundy stone flooring with underfloor heating. A quality Hi-Fi system, WiFi broadband internet access, full Sky TV menu, DVDs and CDs are available along with a varied range of reading from the bookshelves. Molton Brown hand soaps, quality linens and hypo-allergenic silk duvets typify the attention to detail in this outstanding property. Logs are stored for winter fires. This really is a luxurious place to chill out! - Experience total peace and tranquillity in the garden and terrace which are South facing and back on to a 1000 acre park for great bike rides and walks. All local amenities, local bars and restaurants etc, are within a minute or two walk from the house including the famous "Les Halles" covered market (a colourful market has been held here for 300 years) on a Monday and Friday
About the Owner
Nick and Sheila James live in Cardiff, Wales and have an Estate Agency/Real Estate, Management and Property Investment/Development company. Sheila is a property Lawyer in Cardiff having worked in the city for 33 years. We love travelling, particularly within France and take pride in our house in Richelieu, improving it over the last 10 years in many ways. Its not the average rental home, its our own home with our own things so there are many quality items and details not found in other properties.
From the Owner
“We loved the walled ramparts of the town and the history of its origins. South of the Loire the weather improves and its a warm climate. Referred to widely as "the garden of France" the area is in the middle of Chateau country with heaps of things to see and do not to mention the vast wine tasting opportunities. 45 mins drive is St Pierre des Corps Rail Station in Tours where we can hop on a TGV and be in Paris in 55 mins which we frequently do. Personally, we like the fact that Richelieu is a French community, not overly English like the Dordogne. Above all though it's the local inhabitants who have welcomed us into their community and are so friendly that make this a special home for us.”
Activity and Interests
Tennis courts in park at rear of property
Municipal swimming pool in park at rear of property - Summer months only
Bouledrome - near to park entrance
Caneoing - in the park canals
Bike rides in the park and vicinity. Bike hire available at the end of the road.
Fishing - outskirts of village
Local market held on Monday and Friday in famous Les Halles 17th century covered market
8 bars and restaurants
Boulangerie, chartcuterie, pharmacie, supermarkets, banks etc all within a minute walk from the house
Various vineyards and cave's surrounding the area.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
12 Oct 2016 - 2 Jan 2018
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£300|
Rentals normally Saturday to Saturday.
£300 returnable security bond.
Please contact owner.
Final balance payment due 8 weeks prior to arrival date.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The house backs onto a 1000 acre Park, the garden and the South facing terrace are wonderful and so quiet, guests frequently comment they have the best of both worlds, just like being in the country at the rear of the property but within a minutes walk of the square with all its amenities and the entrance to the park. Guests with elderly relatives love the large ground floor double bedroom with French doors to its own terrace with no steps to encounter. The house has a great feel summer or winter with its large open log fire and its full of little luxuries that make all the difference as its our own home, far from a typical rental property. Its great to be soaking up the sun on the loungers in peace and tranquillity and the next minute be sat in the sun at a bar in the square.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom and wc facilities on both ground and first floors....Full Villroy and Bosch bathroom with bath, wc, bidet with hand held shower on the first floor plus Ground floor shower room with separate wc.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8...3 doubles and 1 twin room Notes on bedrooms: Large double bedroom on the ground floor with double French doors to the terrace, Bedroom 2 & 3 with double beds and Bedroom 4 with twin beds. All furnished and finished to a very high standard. Elderly relatives particularly love the ground floor double
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Satellite TV - Full Sky TV menu WiFi broadband internet connection Iron and ironing table Log fire Comprehensive book, dvd and cd library Hypo allergenic silk duvets Private secure garage parking Outside: Terrace, Private garden, BBQ, Bicycles available Utility Room: With sink unit, large fridge/freezer and oil powered central heating which also powers the under floor heating. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen provided, Towels provided Other: Theres free Wi-Fi throughout the house and Molten Brown soaps etc. Logs in the garage for log fires in the winter.