Village House in Fabrezan, Nr. Carcassonne, Aude, Languedoc Roussillon, France - The House Is Centrally Located In The Village, With All Necessary Amenities Right On The Doorstep
Property description: Built in 1800 and extensively renovated. The property is light, airy and very spacious, with a very private outside space. Ground floor : TV lounge – With UK satellite TV, DVD, & WiFi internet. Kitchen – Large fully fitted & equipped kitchen. Lounge / Dining - A large open plan living/dining area that opens via French doors into an enclosed inner yard with a small garden and barbecue house . Outside Area - The inner yard leads through wrought iron gates into the main garden/patio and pool area, a very distinctive outside private space on 3 levels, with an outside WC• Outside sitting and dining area.• bespoke pool and poolside area • Elevated South facing timber veranda area providing an ideal sun trap. First floor - The 1st floor has 4 large bedrooms, the master room having an ensuite shower / WC and additional annexed bedroom. A shared family bathroom / WC for the whole floor and an additional shower / W/C room is available on the 2nd floor. The 2nd floor bedrooms are not normally included for rent but an additional 2 rooms can be made available in special circumstances (this will be at additional cost). Arriving by car: From Toulouse, •From Toulouse, take the A-61 towards Narbonne and Montpellier. Leave the A-61 Motorway at exit 25 “Lézignan-Corbières”. • At the roundabout, immediately after leaving the Motorway, follow the D-611 towards Lagrasse and Fabrezan. As you come down the hill into Fabrezan which is known as Ave De La Marie the house is situated on the right. It is the last house just before the Marie. • Continue ahead for 30m and before you turn sharp right free parking spaces are available straight ahead. From Montpellier / Bézier •Coming from Montpellier / Bézier, follow the A-9 towards Perpignan and Barcelona. At Narbonne leave the A-9 and take the A-61 towards Carcassonne and Toulouse. Leave the A-61 Motorway at exit 25 “Lézignan-Corbières”. • At the roundabout, immediately after leaving the Motorway, follow the D-611 towards Lagrasse and Fabrezan. As you come down the hill into Fabrezan which is known as Ave De La Marie the house is situated on the right hand side. It is the last house just before the Marie itself. • Continue ahead for 30m and before you turn sharp right free parking spaces are available straight ahead. Direct daily flights are available to several local airports via Ryanair , bmibaby, flybe and easyjet. Girona airport (Ryanair) is just over the border, is an hour and a half's drive away.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
The Mediterranean coast and beach resorts at Narbonne plage is 30 mins drive with many restaurants and shops close to the beach. Free parking is available. Also Gruissan port/marina is in the same area.
Direct daily flights are available to several local airports via Ryanair , bmibaby, flybe and easyjet. Girona airport (Ryanair) is just over the border, is an hour and a half's drive away.
While our village has everything you need to enjoy the French experience. The general area is rural and to get around and enjoy the region a car is recommended.
Fabrezan has a bakers, newsagents / Tabac, mini supermarket, fruit and veg shop, post office, 3 restaurants, cafe/bar, 3 pubs, takeaway pizzeria, sports centre with outside tennis facilities and play area. Large supermarkets are available just 5 mins drive out of the village towards Lezignan.
White water rafting
Long boat cruising on the canal Du Midi
Beach area- Narbonne plage, and Gruissan port/marina.
Golf - Courses are available at Carcassone & Bezier
Skiing - France or Andorra direction Perpignan. Circa 100km from Fabrezan
Markets near Fabrezan
The local markets are a must they are vibrant, colourful and fun to experience. They are full of local produce, cheese, specialty sausages, olives, fresh fruit & veg, meats and great selections of wonderful local wines are all on offer. During the summer months the markets can include lots of artisan-type stalls in addition to the regular food stalls. There are many markets in the local area some of which are listed below along with the days they usually take place:
• Lezignan-Corbieres: market Wednesday (6km)
• Olonzac: market Tuesday (16km)
• Narbonne: market Thursday & Sunday
• Carcassonne: market Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday (29km)
• Gruissan: market every day except Thursday (32km)
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Bookings can be made via email or telephone. The contract, Terms and Conditions will be sent via email. An initial non-refundable booking deposit of 25% is required with remaining balance due 8 weeks prior to arrival. Payments can be made in either UK Pounds or Euros at the current exchange rate.
Changeover day is Saturday. Arrival times are 4pm and departure is at 10am.
Notes on prices:
No smoking indoors at the property, no pets, rental is subject to a none refundable booking deposit.
Damage deposit will be returned after the property has been checked by our changeover team. It will normally be returned via bank transfer no later than 7 days after your departure.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathrooms: En-suite bathroom to master bedroom with shower and WC. 1st Floor Family Bathroom with bath/shower over and WC. 2nd Floor shower and WC
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedrooms: Bedroom 1: 1x king size double bed, 1x single bed, annexe 1x Single bed, Bedroom 2: 1x double bed. Bedroom 3: 1x one doublele bed. Bedroom 4: 2x single beds Childs travel cot is available and will fit in any of the 4 ro
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Pool Facility: The pool is cleaned and serviced weekly on Saturday mornings. Additional Facilities: Barbecue house with wood burning BBQ, plus a portable gas Barbecue. Outside: Outside Area - The inner yard leads through wrought iron gates into the main garden/patio and pool area, a very distinctive outside private space on 3 levels, with an outside WC • Outside sitting and dining area. • bespoke pool and poolside area • South facing timber veranda area providing an ideal sun trap. Utility Room: The house has a small garage which is not suitable for cars, it is used as the utility and storage area for bycles etc. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Cleaning/Towels/Linen/: Towels and linen are included, Beds are made when you arrive the property is normally cleaned on departure. If you are staying for two weeks Linen and towels are changed on the Saturday. Other: Other: The top floor is not normally rented out. However under special circumstance additional large room(s) with a double and a single bed might be available but would be charged additional. This allows parties of 12 to 14 people during high season.