Cottage in Semalle, Orne, Normandy, France - Beautiful Location Situated In The French Countryside Surrounded By Meadows
Apelle cottage is a rustic cottage situated in the 5 acre grounds of "La Fontaine"a stunning 17th century manor house which was once used as a stud farm and is known to be once the largest and most beautiful in france unfortunately when the second world war broke out La fontaine was used as a air base mainly by the Dutch and also held German prisoners of war which you can still see traces of today.After the war the estate was sold to madame perrier and ceased functioning as a stud farm,some of the old stable ruins and features can be seen today.The estate is now a family home offering holiday let facilities and in the process of being restored to its former glory.This self contained cottage has been elegantly decorated to compliment the period of the property and the original charming features.The downstairs of the cottage has a dining area,a kitchen with breakfast bar,a living area with a log burning stove and a reading area all of which is open plan.It also has a downstairs toilet/bathroom.A beautiful original oak turned staircase will take you to the upstairs where there is 3 double bedrooms all with en-suite and 1 bedroom with bunk beds and a single bed.The cottage has a private terrace and eating/BBQ area with shared pool facilities.There is a wooden bridge off the terrace which takes you across the moat into a children's play area.The moat leads into a small lake where we have lots of fish,ducks and frogs!We have bicycles available for anyone feeling energetic and would like to go exploring the beautiful countryside or to take a trip down the new cycle path situated in our village which stretch for 36kms! We have 2 very friendly goats and 1very friendly old English sheep dog and plenty of wildlife.We are 3 miles from Alencon town centre.New for 2012 is our indoor games room which is 70metre square , it has a pool table childrens area football table and ping pong table ,darts and loads more its a great hangout for the kids(and adults of course).
About the Owner
We are an English family , we have 2 young girls who love the outdoor life. We have an old English sheepdog and a spaniel. We speak English and French and are welcoming.
From the Owner
“We bought the property in 2006. It was our dream to live in the countryside and bring our children up in a location where they could explore nature. WE are renovating the property bit by bit.”
Activity and Interests
The coast is about 1 hour 15 mins away from the property but there is a beautiful reservoir beach resort 30 mins drive away!
Paris cdg- 2 hours drive
Caen - 1h 15 mins
Chanel tunnel - 4 hours( maximum)
Alencon 5 km
Le Mans 45km
Bagnoles d`lorne 45 mins
- Booking Notes:
20% Deposit is required to secure the booking
The further 80% is required 8 weeks before the date of the booking
Bank transfer is recommended
Changeover day is Saturday-Saturday during July/August , out of season the changeover day is more flexible.
Notes on prices:
British Pounds, minimum stay 3 nights
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We love the long autumns and early springs. We love meeting new people and most of all our girls love the summer spent hanging out with the other children from the cottage!”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- 3 en-suite bathrooms all with showers, toilets and sinks 1 large family bathroom with a roll top bath, toilet and sink
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 11 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1- double room with king size bed Bedroom 2- double room with double bed and single bed Bedroom 3- double room with king size bed and double sofa bed Bedroom 4- Small room with bunk beds and a small single bed(up to 6 years)
- Notes on accommodation: Change over day is normally a Saturday although we can be flexible if arranged in advance. Check into the property is 4pm on the day of arrival and check out on the day of departure is 10 am. We live on site with our very polite children , 2 dogs, 3 goats, 3 cats and lots of chickens Outside: You have the use of our beautiful gardens which surround the property, it is ideal for children as we have a 12 foot trampoline, 2 sets of swings, a slide, a beautiful wooden tree house and for the older children a tree climbing platform with a firemans pole and a wheel swing. A private terrace with an unheated pool, barbecue and outside kitchen fully equipped together with a beautiful large wooden table which seats up to 12 people. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are provided. The property is cleaned thoroughly for clients arrival.