Villa in Cala'n Porter, Menorca, Balearic Islands - Peaceful Location, 10 Minutes Walk To Beach And Village
A beautiful villa located a ten minute walk to the beach or into the village centre. It comprises of three large bedrooms and two bathrooms. There is also a large lounge and dining area serviced by a modern fully fitted kitchen leading to a utility room. The master bedroom is en suite whilst the other two bedrooms, a twin and a double, are situated on their own corridor and share the family bathroom. The main living area and all the bedrooms are air conditioned.. The main television provides access to local channels and a DVD machine is supplied. To the side of the villa is a very private patio dining area accessed through large glass doors. Service from the kitchen is very easy but there is also a large traditional stone barbecue on the patio. Leading from the patio the Private Pool is to the rear and is not overlooked by the neighbours or passers by. We provide a variety of sun loungers and umbrellas for your comfort. To the front of the villa we have planted a traditional Menorcan garden which is now beautifully mature. There is secure off street parking for up to three cars.
About the Owner
We are a family based in South Croydon. Two children still at home and three have flown the nest.
Two large dogs keep us fit and active.
Guestbook comments from the owner
The house has not been rented since redecoration inside and out two years ago. We have only ever had positive feedback.
From the Owner
“Calan Porter is a lovely seaside resort. Quite quiet as is Menorca generally but with enough going on to keep two teenage girls happy. The property is not so close to the village that we get a deal of noise but it is still only a ten minute walk and about the same down to the beach.”
Activity and Interests
The beach is approximately ten minutes on foot or two minutes in the car. Calan Porter is a beautiful, safe sandy beach serviced by several cafes and restaurants. Sun loungers, umbrellas etc. can all be hired.
The villa is a fifteen minute drive from the airport and approximately 25 Euros in a cab. Car hire is by no means essential as there is a good bus service from the centre of the village. The capital, Mahon, is approximately 20 minutes by bus and from there you can catch another bus to any part of the island.
The centre of Calan Porter with the bars, evening market, shops and restaurants is approximately ten minutes on foot. Minorca is only thirty miles long so most places can be reached very quickly by bus, car or taxi.
The nearest local shop is a ten minute walk away and they will deliver to the villa. The manager also arranges trips around the island to the various places of interest and very often to the many village fiestas held during the summer.
There is a bank with cashpoint in the village and there are restaurants catering for all tastes and budgets.
There is only one club in Calan Porter which is a 5 minute walk from the villa. This is built into some caves facing out to see and during the day it is a very beautiful spot to enjoy a quiet drink and spectacular views. I am too old to have been at night!!
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Bookings are assured by receipt of a 25% deposit by bank transfer or cleared cheque with the outstanding balance due six weeks prior to date of travel.
Preferred changeover day is Friday.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The villa is very private. The pool is only overlooked from the neighbours roof terrace and they only ever go up there to hang washing every now and then. The set up of the master bedroom being away from the other two bedrooms gives the adults an additional amount of privacy.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Modern en suite to Bedroom one with shower, toilet and basin. Bedroom two has bath/shower over WC, bidet, basin.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 is a double en-suite with middle distance sea views. Bedroom 2 is a double. Bedroom 3 is a double with twin beds. All are air conditioned with built in wardrobes and flat screen TVs.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Villa Mas is a beautiful family friendly villa. It is located about ten minutes to the beach or into the village on foot. The master bedroom is away from the other two bedrooms to give mum and dad some added privacy. However, the pool can only be accessed through the main living areas making it safe. The villa is a traditional Minorcan style but was finished to a high standard with modern fixtures and fittings. We are lucky to have an excellent villa manager who can turn his hand to most jobs and so the property is kept up to scratch. The pool is very secluded as it is to the rear of the property and we extended the height of the walls. Our friendly neighbours occasionally use their roof terrace to hang washing but that is once in a blue moon. There is ample off street parking although with the crime rate almost zero in Minorca that is never really an issue. Outside: To the front of the villa is a spacious traditional Minorcan garden where we have used all local plants. To the side of the villa a large patio dining area with table and seating. This is convenient for service from the kitchen or we have installed a large traditional stone barbecue. The patio area is edged with native Minorcan plant species. The patio continues round to the private, secluded pool at the rear of the villa where there are sun loungers and umbrellas provided. The master bedroom has sliding doors out onto a balcony area with middle distance views out to the Med. There is a spacious driveway with parking for two or three cars. Utility Room: Washing machine, second fridge freezer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included although we ask that you supply your own beach towels. The property is cleaned on the seventh day of a two week stay with full linen and towel change.