Farmhouse in Les Granons, Nr. Forcalquier, La Luberon Haute Provence, France - Traditional Hamlet, 5 Mins From Historic Hilltop Reillanne With Its Colorful Market, Cafes And Shops
Les Acacias was designed and restored by a renowned local Master Mason for his own use, with no expense spared, making this beautiful house a unique, quality rental offering, decorated and furnished to the highest standards with traditional furnishing and antiques. Located in a a tiny, ancient farming hamlet, Les Acacias is full of traditional character with all modern conveniences. The traditional stone walls and full insulation ensure this delightful house is both cool in summer and warm in winter. For the cooking enthusiast, there's a fully equipped modern kitchen with Rosiers double oven range and dishwasher. The kitchen and dining facilities are equipped to prepare even the most elaborate meals. Buy your provisions in the local markets and enjoy preparing your own delicious French feast!
About the Owner
My name is Jenny Drew. My partner Chris Young and I bought Les Acasias in 2008 for a 2nd home. We live and work in Hong Kong. We have loved every minute we spent there walking and hiking, visiting friends and all the fabulous medieval hilltop villages and markets on our doorstep.
I had an unexpected health scare a couple of years ago making us decide to spend more time in the UK to be nearer to my daughter and family in North Yorkshire. We still spend time in Le Acacias but are unable to find sufficient time there as we still have to visit Hong Kong regularly. For this reason alone we have decided to let the property to decerning holiday makers who would appreciate the beautiful Luberon and our lovely home as much as we do.
From the Owner
“We have been visiting Le Luberon for over 20 years now as I have always had friends who live there. The entire area is a joy to see in all seasons from the cold frosty winters with crystal clear skies and often some snow but not too much to be an inconvenience. To the hot summers with fields of lavender ready for harvesting for l'Occitane who's factory is over the hills in Manosque. Spring is a joy of wild flowers in all the fields, hills and woodlands and the autumn is a blaze of golden colours. Luberon trees do not lose all their leaves together so there is colour right through into the winter. This is such a beautiful and peaceful place not overrun by tourists except in late July and August but even then there is plenty of room for everyone and roads don't get clogged up.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Visit the many local, medieval, hilltop towns and villages, with their glorious colourful markets - or walk in the hills nearby and admire endless views. The Luberon is renown for its miriad of stunning, clearly mapped walking trails ranging from simple family strolls in fields and woodland to the challenging hikes in the magnificent Grand Luberon and surrounding hills. There are also numerous cycling trails to suit all tastes and fitness levels right on your doorstep as well as horse riding and trekking.
From the fields of wild flowers in the spring time, acres of fragrant lavender in July to the glorious reds and golds of The Luberon autumn, Les Acacias is truly a destination for all seasons.
Marseille airport is 1.30 hours by road. There is a bus service from the airport to Manosque which is 20 minutes to Les Acacias by taxi.
Both Marseille and Aix-en-Provence TGV stations are 1.25 hours by car.
Avignon airport is 1.25 hours away, flights are seasonal.
To enjoy the beautiful countryside and sights, car hire is required. If you are a cycling enthusiast, you can access all you need from our local villages with your bike.
Reillanne 2 ks - local shops, cafes, weekly market
Cereste 5 ks - supermarket, shops, cafes and restaurants, bank, large open air swimming pool
Forcualquier 10 ks - famous weekly market, hilltop citadel, restaurants, shops
Apt 15 kilometres - large weekly market, ancient ton centre, shops, hypermarkets, restaurants
Manosque 12 ks - hypermarkets, ancient town centre, market, restaurants, shops, cafes
Avignon 50 ks
Aix-en-Provence 60 ks
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
All booking are to be made through our guardians who live 5 minutes away from Les Acacias. A 20% deposit must be made to secure the booking for dates more than 1 month in advance. The full balance must be made 1 month before the arrival date. For bookings less than 1 month ahead, full payment must be made. A cash deposit of Euros 200 to be given upon arrival. This will be fully refunded upon departure less any damage or breakages other than reasonable wear and tear.
Arrivals on Saturdays please, after 3pm. Departures also on Saturdays before 10am.
Arrival and changeover day is on Sunday for the Christmas period to fit with Christmas Day and New Years day.
We can be flexible on changeover days in mid/low season.
Full amount due 1 month before arrival. 20% upon booking to confirm reservation.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Les Acacias is perfectly located for visiting the entire Luberon park plus tips to Avignon, Le Camarge and Aux-en-Provence are easily made in a day. The coast is also accessible in 2 to 3 hours depending upon your preferred route. We prefer to visit in the lower seasons when few other visitors are there. If you are by any chance a classic car enthusiast, this is the perfect place for you. France has several rallys in the mid seasons which you could attend and be safe in the knowledge that your precious vehicle(s) can be securely locked away from sight when you are not using them. We kept a Januar SS100 car there for a couple of years to enjoy the fabulous driving around the empty hill and mountain roads, some of the best in Europe. Motor bikers will also find this a perfect location.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- autumn foliage
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Both main bedrooms have stylish, fully tiled shower rooms and WC en-suite. Separate WC and sink in downstairs hallway.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Downstairs double bedroom with en-suite shower and WC. Traditional windows opening onto views of the valley. Ample storage and hanging space. Upstairs double bedroom with en-suite shower and WC. Double doors onto the roof terrace with lovely views.
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: All furniture and fittings are of the very highest standard, seldom found in holiday rentals. Antiques and traditional items are used throughout. This is a genuine draught free property in the winter! Underfloor heating, radiators and a large inset wood burner, and a further small wood burning stove in the kitchen provide ample heating in the coldest winter months. High ceilings plus thick stone walls and numerous windows ensure it stays delightfully cool in the heat of the summer. Both house and garden are south facing and are bright and light all year round. Les Acacias was designed and prepared for our personal use and every comfort has been included. Electricity, WiFi and local phone calls are included. Heating and logs are charged extra for mid and low season rental periods. This will be quoted on booking. Outside: On the lower level of the house is the huge lockable Bergerie which can house 3 cars plus numerous bicycles. Open gravel parking area for 2 cars. Access to the garden containing the summer house (which could sleep 2 people by special arrangement) large shaded terrace with beautiful marble dining table and 8 ironwork chairs. There are numerous garden chairs and sun loungers plus a wooden framed hammock for snoozing under the shade of the acacia trees. Utility Room: Washing machine, sink and drainer for washing boots etc. Cleaning products. Ample hanging for coats and space for boot storage. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and bedlinen are provided and included in the rental. These will be changed weekly on Saturday mornings. Cleaning is carried out once a week on Saturday morning. Other: Stunning galleried library/ 3rd bedroom. Sofa bed makes a full double bed, fully private with heavy curtains if required. TV and DVD player plus 2 armchairs, desk and coffee table. Selection of CD’s, DVD’s and books. iPod deck.