Chateau / Manor House in Montrosier, Tarn, Midi-Pyrenees, France - Spacious French Country Home With Pigeonnier For Self Catering Holidays
Sans Façon was the original two storey winery for the village of Montrosier built with a pigeon loft around 1830. The owners have meticulously restored the buildings and sympathetically created two interconnecting houses as well as a pool house and swimming pool and garage. The two buildings both have their own separate entrances but share a (lockable from both sides) internal connecting door meaning they can be booked separately or as one unit.
About the Owner
1 holidaymaker review
BE AWARE OF THIS OWNER EEEEEKEKEKEKKEKEKEKEKKEKEEK
The property looks pretty in the pictures and in general it is HOWEVER, it backs onto a very busy road which generates a lot of noise especially in the morning, so you are woken very early in the summer months if you sleep with the windows open, (which due to the fact the property is without air con) you have little choice. The property has been renovated by the owners and they require a deposit which seemed to us very normal, however, you will not see this deposit again! We left this property after a five night stay, we are a nice family from the UK and stayed here with our two children. We were met by the owners cleaners at 10am sharp when we vacated on the 5th day and handed the keys to the owner cleaners as requested. We were called an hour later to be asked where the keys were, we told the owners managing agents that we left the keys with their cleaners as requested and heard nothing more. A month after returning to the UK we were told by our bank that the owners had cashed our deposit cheque, we were not contacted by the owners or his agents at any stage to notify us of their intentions to cash our cheque or the reasons for this, despite their terms of business clearly stating that the deposit would not be cashed without first notifying us and we agree to proceed and gave the deposit on this basis. We emailed the owners to be told that the house was left dirty and we had broken a table and stained sheets by our sun tan cream and that they to be replaced with We certainly did not break tables or stain sheets or leave the house in a dirty condition, as part of the agreement the house would be cleaned by the owners at the end of our stay, a bit like a hotel room, you are not asked to have this professionally cleaned at the end of a stay. We are most upset by the unprofessional conduct of this owner, the misleading photographs that do not show the busy road to the rear of the property and the fact that this owner can just freely cashed a deposit cheque without any evidence whatsoever of our so called mis use of his property, why not say we knocked down a wall too? without a property inventory or schedule of conditions how can we prove anything. I just think it is a terrible way to act. I therefore warn other potential holiday makers to be careful handing over money to this owner.
Activity and Interests
Toulouse is the nearest airport to Sans Façon and Le Pigeonnier. The journey from the airport to the house should take you 1hr 10 minutes.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please contact owner
Please contact owner
- Available arrival
- chateau / country house
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- 1 En suite bathroom to Master bedroom. 1 shower room for bedroom 2. 1 further bathroom for bedrooms 3&4 with roll top bath. 1 shower room in Le Pigeonnier for bedroom 5 & those using futon
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 11 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - Master with en suite bathroom. Bedroom 2 - Zip & link beds Bedroom 3&4 - King size bed with single bed in adjoining room Bedroom 5 - In Le Pigeonieer, 1 Lofted double bed with 2 children sharing a futon in lounge.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: This property can be let as a whole or split with two bookings. If this is the case, you may share the pool with another family/group. Outside: The old wine press has been salvaged and has pride of place in the winter garden. There is a large covered extension which houses the old winery and outdoor furniture. The lower garden to the front of Sans Façon is grassed with boundary planting and pathways to the log store and the river. The garden is fully enclosed by stone walls and is safe for young children and toddlers. The outdoor space contains a dining table and table tennis as well as a boule court. The swimming pool has a depth of 1.2m and stays warm from mid-May to the end of September. Utility Room: The lower ground floor in the main house also houses a handy utility space with washing machine, deep sink and a fridge-freezer. There is also a WC. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen and towels provided. Other: From the kitchen a door leads to the entree/inner hall with a stone staircase to upper level and sofa seating. The stairway gives onto a large salon with two sofas and a futon. The living space is fully equipped with TV/DVD and CD player.