Villa in Les Baux, St Remy de Provence, Bouches du Rhone, Provence-Alpes-Cote DAzur, France - Rural Idyll At The End Of A Country Lane, With A Huge Variety Of Amenities Within Minutes
Tucked away at the end of a country lane you will find this beautiful modern home nestling among rocky ridges and olive and almond trees. The setting is perfect for a holiday with family and friends. The shady courtyard invites you to linger over your breakfast, there are seating areas on the terraces and plenty of room for privacy. The pool, set temptingly between the olives below the house, beckons. From the terrace you will be able to see kestrels hovering, Bonelli's eagles and bee eaters. Rollers live in this valley during the summer. We are just minutes from Maussane and St Rémy, and twenty minutes from Arles, home to a wealth of restaurants and cultural treats. This is the heart of Roman Provence and we are perfectly situated to explore this wonderful heritage. The summer here hosts a wealth of festivals, the Avignon Theatre festival, the Rencontres Photographiques in Arles as well as music and opera festivals throughout the region. The local markets are a delight, there is generally one somewhere every day, where you will be able to buy a profusion of fresh vegetables, cheeses, sausages and olives.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Several possibilities here, either the Cote Bleue with very pretty coves or calanques and villages such as Carry le Rouet or Sausset les Pins (45mins by car), or the Camargue with destinations such as Les Saintes Marie de la Mer. Immense beaches, but also lagoons and flamingos! Also 45 mins by car
Marseille Marignan airport is 45 minutes away and the most usual local airport.
Nimes airport is 30 minutes away, Montpellier 60 minutes. The Avignon TGV station is 30 minutes. Calais is 1000km away (9 to 10 hrs).
You will need a car here (or bikes) as we are 5km from shops - but only 2km from a number of restaurants!
We are only 2km from the medieval village of Les Baux, but for shops equidistant (5km) to Maussane and Paradou (bakers, vegetables and groceries, butchers, fresh fish shop). Beyond this, the local market town is St Rémy at 10kms, with Arles being at 19km
This is an area extraordinarily rich in history and culture, activities and pastimes.
Just some examples - wine tasting at local vineyards, horse riding, golf, tennis, mountain biking, cycling, cookery and other courses. Culturally this was the Roman province and their buildings are still in use today in Arles and visible elsewhere throughout the region. There are wonderful markets in all the local towns and villages and we will give you good local advice and insider tips to the best addresses in the area.
- Booking Notes:
Our booking procedure is to request 50% with the booking, with the further 50% payable one month in advance of the holiday date. The security deposit (1000€) will also be paid at this time.
The changeover day is Saturday. Guests must leave by 10am and arrive from 4pm onwards.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 ensuite with basin, WC and shower Bathroom 2 ensuite with basin, WC and bath with shower over Bathroom 3 ensuite with basin, WC and shower Bathroom 4 with basin and bath, WC next door
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, ceiling fan, air-con, TV Bedroom 2 with double bed, fan, air-con, TV Bedroom 3 with double bed, fan Bedroom 4 with double bed, air-con In three bedrooms the beds can be twin
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: We're in the middle of a National Park and the surroundings are stunning. Our modern comfortable home is very easy to live in, with many different areas to sit or to dine in according to the time of day or your mood. The sunsets from the terrace are magnificent and it's the perfect place to relax with a glass of local rosé. The kitchen is very well equipped for those who love to cook. If you have any special requests please let us know we'll be pleased to help. Outside: The courtyard is heavily planted with shade trees over a table for outdoor dining; the kitchen and living room both lead out onto the covered terrace which is equipped with sofas and chairs and as well as another dining table. The pool area, in the middle of our olive grove, has loungers and sun beds. The pool is 15 x 5 meters - I do 50 or so lengths a day myself and the views from here are spectacular. We have a big gas BBQ too. The property is surrounded by rocky ridges, pine trees, olives and the sound of cicadas in the summer. My husband's architectural practice office is next door to the house, which means there is a source of information and help available during office hours in the week. Utility Room: The laundry room contains the washing machine and dryer as well as a further shower Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included and are changed once a week. The cleaner comes twice a week Other: The TV room has TV, DVD player, good selection of DVDs, as well as a running machine. Wi Fi