Barn in Parwich, Nr. Hartington, Derbyshire Dales, England - Stunning Private Location With Far Reaching Views, A Perfect Romantic Hideaway For Two.
Welcome to The Coach House Barn at Uppermoor Farm ~ an ideal luxury venue for couples to enjoy a romantic break, or dog lovers to escape in style to their very own rural retreat surrounded by far reaching beautiful views and 70 acres of rolling Derbyshire Dales. Awarded 5 Star Gold, The Coach House Barn is a two-bedroom, luxury stone property, totally restored to a very high standard. It nestles in a sheltered courtyard setting, with windows overlooking the courtyard and far reaching views beyond. It has a lovely open plan feel and is all on ground floor level. The kitchen and sitting room areas are both light and spacious with flag stone flooring throughout. Tastefully furnished, with quality, soft leather sofa ,and chairs and scatter rugs for added warmth. The log burner makes a cosy feature having a raised hearth and there is quality wall lighting throughout the barn. The kitchen is both modern and well equipped with white shaker style units and ample storage space. The breakfast area hosts an antique pine table and comfortable farmhouse chairs. There are huge French Windows which lead out onto a south facing terrace area with hard wood garden furniture & BBQ. Along the flag stone hallway are two lovely double bedrooms both with their own luxury En-suite shower rooms. Bedroom two has the option of being used as a Dressing Room to allow for both guests to enjoy a bathroom each. Complimentary Welcome Pack includes, (home) made cakes, coffee, tea sugar and milk together with condiments. Fresh Flowers, or colourful seasonal plants to enhance your arrival.
About the Owner
Edward & Jan Hammond now live on site since selling their grain farm in Canada in 2013. We occupy a very impressive 'one up and one down' Barn Conversion; with our two very cute little Jack Russell Puppies. Sweep our very obedient Sheep Dog lives in the nearby Stable block along with our three horses. We purchased Uppermoor Farm in 2008 and spent the next two years totally renovating it and adding the adjoining cattle barns into luxury self catering accommodation. No expense was spared on the internal decor and furnishings and it has been accredited with 5* gold accolade by Visit Britain. We are very proud of our holiday cottages and enjoy meeting lovely guests each week from all walks of life!!
Guestbook comments from the owner
"A PERFECT GETAWAY"
The facilities in the Coach House Barn are excellent, and I LOVED the wood burner, which made the nights very romantic, particularly with a bottle of chilled bubbly! The location is fantastic, lots of beautiful villages in close proximity, and the local walks are fantastic. I have to say that Bakewell was our favourite place to visit – so much to see and do – especially on market days. ?We enjoyed our stay immensely, so much so that we have already booked to come back. You have created something very special at Uppermoor farm and we want to tell everybody about it, (but not too many people because we also want to keep it for ourselves!!).
J & C from Manchester :
I feel I must write to say how lucky we are to have discovered this holiday cottage whilst browsing on the Internet, I feel we have uncovered a little gem ! We stayed for 8 nights in The Coach House Barn which can accommodate up to 4 adults. ?Sometimes the host can make the facilities sound better than they actually are, then when you arrive you can be a little disappointed, NOT the case here. If anything the décor, furniture throughout the Cottage and kitchen equipment surpasses expectations, the whole layout of the Coach House is very relaxing and the surrounding views are second to none anywhere in the country. The location is superb and many of the attractions in the Peak District are less than 20 minutes drive away, we found several pubs in the vicinity all serving excellent, reasonably priced food. One of the highlights was our visits to the Chatsworth Farm Shop butchery then back to Uppermoor to light the barbecue. I managed to get in two during our stay. We found everyone we met very friendly and I can’t wait to return. Try it for yourself, I guarantee you will not be disappointed.
?David L from Peterborough:
“JUST WHAT THE DR. ORDERED”
Our break in The Coach House Barn was really 'just what the Dr. ordered'. We set off early from Surrey and were met and greeted with a very big, delicious sponge cake as part of our ‘welcome hamper’ – which lasted us for several days, due to its size! The property itself was just perfect for us. The open plan kitchen, sitting room with all mod cons has been thoughtfully furnished and meant that I could cook without being cut off from the rest of the family. There is one double bedroom and one twin bedroom each with its own ensuite shower room. My parents joined us for part of the week, and because the property is all on one level, access was easy and certainly plenty big enough for four adults. The cottage is situated in an elevated position with lovely views across the countryside. Unfortunately, as we were recovering from nasty chest infections it meant that we didn’t go out walking as much as we usually do but the cottage was so comfortable that we just relaxed and enjoyed doing ‘‘absolutely nothing’...we only wished our stay could have been for longer!
Toni from Surrey:
Activity and Interests
Manchester Airport or East Midlands Airport about an hour drive
Nearest village is Domesday village of Parwich about 1.5 miles away. You can walk via the footpath route but the terrain is quite hilly.
Market towns of Ashbourne and Bakewell are approx 8 miles away and the Spa Town of Buxton is about 10 miles away..
The famous Chatsworth House is located approx 20 mins drive through the most scenic and beautiful Peak District countryside.
All the main supermarkets do 'home deliveries' to Uppermoor Farm
There is an endless amount of lovely country Pubs & Restaurants in the area please look at our website for more information.
- Booking Notes:
Please contact owner
Notes on prices:
We do offer weekend breaks usually 3 Nights and mid-week stays 4 Nights Mon-Frid, Equally you are welcome to stay for a full week too. The best value of all is a 10 or 11 nights stay, providing you are happy NOT to have a mid-break clean or linen change we charge the relevant weekly rate plus a flat rate of £225 for extra 3 or4 nights. Please telephone for details or look at our website for more information:
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- children welcome
- pets considered
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Ensuite-shower - Bed 1 Ensuite-shower - Bed 2 (or dressing room)
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - Double Bedroom 2 - Twin (can be used for dressing room for couples only)
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Complimentary Welcome Pack includes home made cake, starter supply of coffee,tea sugar and milk together with condiments. Fresh Flowers or seasonal plants to enhance your arrival. An assortment of cleaning materials under the sinks, washing up liquid, dish washer tablets and toilet rolls in each bathroom. Additional logs are available on request for a small additional cost. Outside: The large grounds and gardens are enclosed by dry stone walling sheltering a mix of well maintained lawn and borders and flower beds planted with a variety of pretty evergreens and seasonal flowering shrubs. A south facing terrace, complete with wooden comfortable garden furniture and chairs to enjoy 'Alfresco Dining' on the BBQ's provided. The spacious enclosed courtyard setting is south facing and has a central ornate granite water feature surrounded by clusters of fragrant red and yellow roses in the summer. In the winter months striking pink and white heather nestles against colourful primroses. There is a large secure car parking area with well lit dawn to dusk night lighting for anyone wanting to take a late night stroll in your own 'Peak Park'. The surrounding 70 acres of grass land are available to walk across which link to the endless footpaths & trails right from your own front door. The High Peak Trail and Tissington Trails. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Luxury cotton duvets & bed linen, large fluffy towels & luxury dressing gowns provided on arrival. Complimentary toiletries in each bathroom. Full basket of logs, oil fired central heating. Plasma TV/DVD external lighting, garden furniture, BBQ's, Wifi