New England style house in Carmarthenshire, South Wales. Visit Wales 4 * Rated - Perfect Location To Explore South Wales, 2 Minute Walk To The Coastal Path And Secluded Sandy Cove
Driftwood is is a 2 bedroomed, 2 en-suite New England style holiday home. It is located at Machynys Bay on the South Wales coast. You are in an enviable position within 2 minutes of the millennium coastal path where you can take leisurely walks or cycle rides alongside miles of coastline with superb views of the Gower Peninsula. There are sandy beach spots where you can picnic or hunt for shells accessed down a short path immediately in front of you as you walk towards the waterfront from the house. The award winning Machynys Golf Club and Spa is within walking distance and The National Wetlands Centre a 5 minute drive. Close by is Pembrey Country Park which offers a huge expanse of unspoilt beach, a dry ski slope and toboggan run. The beautiful Gower Peninsula is within 15 minutes by car. So too is Carmarthen, the gateway to West Wales. Trostre Park is a well signposted out of town shopping centre a few minutes from Machynys and has a Boots/BHS/Debenhams etc. Llanelli town centre has an indoor market and some smaller shops. Machynys Golf Club is within walking distance. There is an excellent brasserie and comfortable open plan bar lounge area with cosy fire in the winter and balcony seating area overlooking the golf course in the summer. A short drive away is the award winning Sosban Restaurant. The Accommodation is light and airy - newly refurbished. Enter into the hallway with doors to kitchen, lounge and ground floor WC. The modern fitted kitchen has an integrated oven and gas hob, washing machine, fridge/freezer, coffee maker and microwave. The light and airy lounge/diner has a wall mounted TV and DVD player, two 2 seat sofas, table and chairs for 4 and access to the rear enclosed garden through sliding double doors. The back garden is fully enclosed - paved and pebbled and surrounded by a raised border of Mediterranean plants. There is a garden table and chairs for al fresco dining. The first floor has 2 bedrooms both of which have en-suites. The master bedroom has a kingsize bed, built-in wardrobes and a juliet balcony which has partial sea views. The en suite has a WC, basin and bath with shower over. The second bedroom is a twin with built in wardrobe and an en suite shower room with WC and basin. The house sleeps Sleeps 4: 1 King room, 1 Twin room Change over day is Saturday. Gas Central Heating. Bed linen & towels are provided. WiFi. Off road parking for 2 car. Just 1 minute from the coast. No pets. No smoking. Machynys is an excellent base to explore South and West Wales - an area rich in history, culture and heritage. There are castles, museums and various places of interest just a short drive from the house not to mention the wonderful beaches of the Gower coast.
About the Owner
About John Newman
Originally from Carmarthenshire we decided on retirement to purchase a property in the region so that we could retain close contact with family and friends.
Over the past months we have realised how fortunate we were in finding this location - more by accident than design I have to admit!
Easily reached from the M4, we are a 2 minute walk from the coastal path and a mile from the Machynys golf club.
The house is so convenient for exploring the surrounding area and there seems to be so much to do within a short travelling distance.
The Gower peninsula is just a 15 minute drive away - where we hope to re-live the many sunny days spent on Llangennith beach during the 60s.
Laugharne, Tenby and Saundersfoot can be easliy visited on a day trip.
What makes this house unique
So much to do and see within a few miles.
Walking, cycling, country park, wetland centre, award winning golf club, spa and restaurants and retail park!
Activity and Interests
2 minute walk to the Coastal path which runs alongside Llanelli bay.
15 minute drive to the Gower Peninsula with its array of wonderful beaches.
10 minute drive to the harbour village of Burry Port with lighthouse and sandy beach.
The beaches of west Wales - Saundersfoot and Tenby are an hour's drive away
Airport at Cardiff is 1.15 hours drive.
Train station within 2 miles
Llanelli town is approx. two miles away.
Trostre shopping park is just over a mile distance.
Carmarthen can be reached in 30 minutes.
Botanical Gardens and Aberglasney are approx. 35 minute drive away.
Supermarkets, bank, petrol station all within two miles.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please contact owner.
Change over day is Saturday
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“So much to do and see within a few miles. Walking, cycling, country park, wetland centre, award winning golf club, spa and restaurants and retail park!”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Video Games
- Video Library
- near the sea
- recreation centre
- bird watching
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to Bedroom 1 with toilet, hand basin, bath and over bath shower. En-suite shower room to Bedroom 2. Toilet, wash hand basin and cubicle shower. Downstairs cloakroom with WC and hand basin.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 has a King bed, double wardrobe, Juliet balcony with partial sea views. En-suite has a bath and over bath thermostatic shower. Bedroom 2 has twin beds with deep mattresses and luxurious down quilts. Built in wardrobe. En-suite shower room.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Light and airy, newly refurbished house. Well equipped kitchen. Patio doors from lounge leading to the enclosed garden. Patio furniture with umbrella. Two en-suite bedrooms - 1 king and 1 twin room. Downstairs cloakroom. Juliet balcony to Bedroom 1 with partial sea views. Outside: Paved and Pebbled garden with surrounding raised border of tropical plants. Shed which can be used for storage on request. Patio furniture to include table chairs cushions and umbrella. 2 Deckchairs. Utility Room: There is an ironing board and steam iron. An indoor clothes drying rack. An outside clothes line and pegs. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and Linen are provided. Other: Garden Patio table and chairs with cushions and umbrella. 2 Deckchairs. Set of Golf Clubs. Parking for 2 vehicles.