Farmhouse in Gigondas, Vaucluse, Provence-Alpes-Cote DAzur, France - Very Tranquil With Vineyards On 3 Sides, Well Situated For Wine Tasting, Markets And Walking/Cycling
This property is a delightful restored rustic Provencal farmhouse which has been tastefully modernised but still retaining many original features. It is situated amongst the vineyards with a walled garden containing a 10x5 metre heated swimming pool. The house is fully tiled throughout with a few rugs, so cool in the summer warm in winter with heating by log burning stoves and radiators. It is set in the heart of the Southern Rhone wine region in the commune of Gigondas. The house has everything needed for a relaxing comfortable stay in the privacy of a secure walled garden which shelters you from the mistral, shaded parking, and a delightful heated salt water pool. The house is situated in a quiet hamlet a short drive or bike ride to the excellent bakers, general grocers, chemist, butchers etc in Violes but a bit further for the supermarkets. As you enter the house to your left you will find the dining room, with kitchen beyond, a utility room and shower room with WC. To your right is the cozy living room with log burning stove, leading to the bar and beyond this the summer room. From here you can take the stairs up to the master bedroom or walk out onto a vine covered patio with a BBQ and dining area. The main access to the first floor is by the stairs from the front door where you will find the 4 spacious bedrooms, a bath/shower rooms, separate WC and an en-suite bathroom to the master bedroom which is a large converted hay loft. Access to a first floor terrace is through the master bedroom with fabulous views over the countryside. This is an ideal location to truly relax, unwind and have fun in this peaceful corner of Provence, surrounded by some of the Southern Rhone's best wine areas.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Activity and Interests
Avignon airport 46km, TGV 39km. Marseille airport 107km about 1hr motorway most of the way last stretch only 15km from motorway.
Car is highly recommended as there is so much to see and do in the area.
Violes local shops 2km
Gigondas - Vacqueras good restaurents, excellent wines 3.5km
Seguret an absolute must, beautiful quaint village clinging to the hills, pedestrian only good restaurant overlooking plains 8.5km
Sarrians closest supermarket 11km
Carpentras enormous market friday 16km
Vaison-La-Romaine 16km excellent markets, Roman ruins
Crillon-le-brave 21km lovely village excellent restaurant at hotel fabulous views
Avignon Cultural city, Popes palace, Arts Festivals in July 37km
Wine tasting: we are in the heart of the wine region ; many local wine festivals these are great fun or visit the Caves or producers shops of Gigondas, Vaqueyras, Beaumes de Venise, Sablet to name but a few, you are only 20 minutes from the famous Chateauneuf du Papes see early August the Medieval festival.
Historical interest: Chateauneuf-du-Papes, Avignon, Vaison-la-Romaine, Orange to name but a few.
Markets: you will find there colourful, bustling events daily notably Vaison-la-Romaine on Tuesday and Carpentras on Fridays (see the map on the back of the kitchen door) we recommend getting there early as parking is easier and it gets very hot in the summer.
Ideal area for walking: both locally and in the hills of the ‘Dentelles de Montmirail’
Restaurants: plentiful for all tastes and pockets.
Festival d'Avignon, (37km) a world-renown dynamic and diverse Arts and Theatre festival, boasts hundreds of productions and many more fringes in the stunning mediaval city during the month of July.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
6 May 2017 - 30 Jun 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Jul 2017 - 25 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
26 Aug 2017 - 28 Oct 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
30% deposit on reservation to confirm dates, this is only refundable if we are able to relet the property. The balance of payment is due 8 weeks before start of holiday. Payment may be made in GBP or Euros. A security deposit of €250 will be payable on arrival and refundable on departure subject to no damage.
Changeover day is saturday, the house will be available from 4pm on arrival and must be vacated by 10 am on day of departure. Additional days will be considered subject to availability and priced on a pro-rata basis.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Wood Stove ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Music Library ...
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only ...
- sight seeing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Downstairs
- Toilet 1 - Toilet, On first floor
- En-suite to bedroom 1, bath, shower, basin, WC. Bathroom : up a few steps from first floor, bath, walk in Italian shower, basin. Newly modernised. Separate wc : first floor Shower room : ground floor, off utility room, shower, basin, WC.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 1 : Master bedroom, Queen(5ft) bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, en-suite bathroom 2 : Queen (5ft) bed, wardrobe, 2 chest of drawers 3 : Double bed (4ft 6ins), wardrobe, chest of drawers, dressing table 4 : Twin beds, wardrobe, chest of drawers
- Bicycles ...
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Notes on accommodation: Septic tank so the usual rules apply. Cot available on request. Outside: Gated secluded walled garden which gives welcome shelter from the mistral. Parking- covered for 2 cars, space for 3rd, extra space outside in private lane. Boule court (you have to remove cars first) Heated salt water pool : 10x 5m with steps, safety cover manually operated Sun loungers Large table and chairs for alfresco dining shaded by vines, BBQ and flood lights Small lawn, steps leading to terrace with tables and chairs and fabulous views over vineyards. Herb garden please help yourselves, herbs love to be used. Clothes line. Utility Room: Washing machine, iron and board, cool larder off utility room. Vacuum cleaner, cleaning cupboard Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The following are included, cleaning at end of stay, bed linen, pool towels, bath towels, hand towels, bath mats and tea towels. Extra cleaning and linen change as optional extras. Other: Leading to bar and summer room and thence to the garden though patio doors, the bar is well equipped with fridge freezer, sink, cupboard full of glasses. In the summer room you will find rattan furniture, a settee, 3 arm chairs, table, matching stool and