Farmhouse set in its own grounds, private pool, 4 bedrooms, sleeps 2-10 people
This beautiful 16 century period farmhouse has been fully restored yet has managed to keep the beautiful features such as the two huge fireplaces, the stonework and many of the exposed beams. The east and west gardens enclose the house, the terrace and the mosaic tiled pool, all of which is further surrounded by 18 acres of horse meadows, and woodland.
4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, two of which are ensuite, sleeping 2-10 people.
Near to lots of local tourist attractions, vineyards, chateaux, canoeing, restaurants..........
Top Traveller Review
Beautiful property - perfect holiday
About the Owner
My family have lived here at La Crabouille since arriving in November 1999.
The house was in a tired state as it had not been lived in for a few years. We set about the renovation and we started letting the property out for holidays in the summer of 2001.
We do not live on the property during the peak summer season but we do live on site in rooms on the ground floor for the rest of the year.
Guestbook comments from the owner
1 holidaymaker review
Beautiful property - perfect holiday
Fantastic property in a great quiet location. The property is perfectly maintained and beautifully presented and much larger than we had anticipated - great for a holiday with the extended family. The photos don't do it justice! Kevin is a great host and full of knowledge about the local area / things to do. We definitely recommend!
From the Owner
“We loved the feel of the house it had been a grand family house and we believed it would be again. The retired farmer and his wife had lived in the house and the local area all their lives and still today at 93 and 88 still live as neighbours only a field away.”
Activity and Interests
Bergerac airport is just 15 minutes away and Bordeaux is about 75 minutes.
Use of a car is highly recommended.
The nearest villages are all 4km, all with bakery, bar, restaurants, tennis court etc.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
3 Sep 2016 - 25 Nov 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£300|
Please use the booking form with a 30% deposit to secure your stay. The final balance is payable 8 weeks before your arrival. A refundable security deposit of 300 sterling is payable against breakage and good house keeping.
The changeover day is Saturday with guests leaving by 10am and incoming guests not arriving before 4pm. Six hours is needed to ensure the house, pool, gardens etc are ready for your arrival.
Notes on prices:
Rentals are in sterling and fully payable eight weeks before your arrival.
30% booking deposit with full payment due eight weeks before the holiday start date
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- winery tours
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- roller blading
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet
- Two en-suite shower rooms with principle bedrooms and another separate bathroom with large corner bath/toilet/wash basin and bidet. There is a separate toilet and hand basin set outside under the stone steps, alongside the terrace.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps up to 11 (4 Bedrooms) and optional fold down sofa Notes on bedrooms: Two principle bedrooms with en-suite, both with comfortable double beds and shower/toilet/ wash basin and bidet. Bedrooms 3 and 4 are large rooms, one with two single beds and the other with a double bed. All bedrooms have ample fitted wardrobe space.
- Notes on accommodation: Due to the split level setting and the stone stairs, La Crabouille is not easily wheel chair accessible. We do ask that smoking is only permitted outside in the gardens or under the terrace. Outside: The house, gardens, terrace and BBQ, with the 10x5m pool is exclusively for your own use and pleasure. The housekeepers do live within the grounds. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The property is cleaned and presented ready for all incoming guests with all towels and bed linen included. Other: La Crabouille can boast its west facing terrace which comprises the summer kitchen, wine and beer fridge, elevated stone BBQ and ample picnic table seating.