House in Newtown, Roscommon, Ireland - Ideally Suited For People Who Like To Explore, Walk Or Cycle
A wonderful large detached property set in a small village of Newtown, Whitehall near Tarmonbarry in County Rosecommon. A spacious and comfortable property, great for families or groups of friends. Its ideally located for exploring the North West Ireland or for the more relaxed, its a great base for fishing. With 5 bedrooms, 2 reception rooms a large kitchen/dinning room, the accommodation is a great social space.
About the Owner
We live in England and have been coming on family holidays for many years.
From the Owner
“Our family are from the area and we enjoy the peaceful countryside and exploring the North West of Ireland.”
Activity and Interests
Sligo which has lovely coastal walks and beaches (Rosse Point and Strandhill) are approx. 1 hours drive away.
Dublin Airport or docks are approximately 1 hour 50 mins away.
Knock Airport is approximately -- hours away.
Tarmonbarry is approximately 3 miles away and is a pleasurable walk or cycle. Tarmonbarry has 2 fantastic restaurants and pubs and a local amenities store which also sells petrol. Roosky is approx. 7 miles away and is a nice walk for those who like walking. A pub and local amenities store is available.
The nearest large town is Longford which is approx. 15 minute drive that has all shops, supermarkets and banks. Carrick-on-Shannon is a great town to explore and is approx. 30 minute drive.
Tarmonbarry is a popular village that has 2 great restaurants and petrol station and shop. With the River Shannon running through the village its great for those who like fishing and nice for walkers to explore the harbour.
For those with families Lough Key is a great day out with lots of activities, walking and play areas.
On wet days, Longford Town has a cinema and good leisure complex.
For those who like the quiet life and walking or cycling, you can park outside the village of Tarmonbarry and walk/cycle into Longford on the canal.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please contact owner
Please contact owner
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Family bathroom downstairs has bath, separate shower cubicle and wc. En-suite shower room with wc. Family bathroom upstairs has bath, separate shower cubicle and wc. Downstairs separate wc.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 11 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 downstairs, has super king bed with en-suite shower room. Bedroom 2 downstairs, has super king bed. Bedroom 3 downstairs, has three single beds. Bedroom 4 upstairs has two double bed. Bedroom 5 upstairs has a double bed. Cot is available
- Golf ...
- Outside: The house is enclosed in a garden and has a driveway that goes around the whole of the property. There is plenty of parking to accommodate 10+ cars. Utility Room: Large utility room which has washing machine, tumble dryer, fridge, sink and plenty of storage space. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Property is cleaned prior to stay with bedding and towels provided. Property will be cleaned at the end of your stay.