House in Bude, Cornwall, England - 4 Minutes Walk To Both The Local Beaches And The Town. You Won't Need To Use Your Car All Week
The house is ideally situated for you to come and enjoy everything that the region has to offer. It has Blue flag beaches and breath taking coastal walks just minutes from the doorstep. If its surfing you want, then there are plenty of excellent Surf Schools to teach you the basics and for the more advanced surfers, you are spoilt for choice with three town beaches just four minutes walk away and other excellent beaches within a ten minute drive. Just around the corner from the house is one of Cornwall's most enjoyable and challenging 18 hole links golf courses with views down to the sea. There are gentle walks inland along the canal, starting at the newly renovated wharf with its impressive lock-gates. There is also a brand new cycle centre with an enjoyable cycle path inland to Marhamchurch. Bude is blessed with an array of fine restaurants serving wonderful local seafood and meat from the surrounding ports and farms. You could easily eat out every night of your stay and watch the sunset with a glass of wine in your hand.
About the Owner
My wife and I are teachers and rent our home out during the summer holidays. We have a young family and hope our family home fills your holiday with as many happy memories as it has done for us.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"This holiday home is lovely, very spacious and well appointed. The proximity to the beach is perfect for the children and carrying beach gear."
"Your home is absolutely beautiful and a perfect location for the beach"
"Our second stay in your wonderful home. Thank you for the welcome basket and the kids loved the toys. We will definitely be re-booking in the future."
From the Owner
“We moved to Bude when my wife secured her first teaching post. I then secured my post locally and we have never looked back. We adore the stunning location that North Cornwall offers with its wild rugged coastline interspersed with beautiful beaches. As two keen surfers we always new we wanted to find a home where we could get our wetsuits on in the garden and walk down to the beach for a surf. With this house we had found the perfect location. Bude does not boast the wild night spots that some over commercialised parts of Cornwall offer, but instead prides itself with its rustic charm and relaxed vibe that gets into your heart and soul and brings you back again and again. We now have two young boys and feel we are in the most perfect location to bring them up in.”
Activity and Interests
4 minutes walk to Crooklets beach and 5 minutes walk to Summerlease Beach. 10 minutes drive to Widemouth Bay or 10 minutes drive to Sandymouth Beach.
North Cornwalls stunning Coastal path is just 4 minutes away.
Exeter train station is just over an hours drive away. You can get the X9 bus from Exeter to Bude. There are also train stations at Barnstaple and Bodmin within an hours drive.
Bude town centre is half a mile away with a pleasant range of shops selling art and crafts, clothing and souvenirs along with plenty of cafes and restaurants. There is a range of take away cuisine to sample. There are also surf shops who offer surfing equipment to hire and also buy.
Located on the Atlantic Highway, Bude is a forty minute drive from Barnstaple with its historic Butchers Row and twenty five miles from Bideford, where you can find Atlantic Village, which has plenty of outlet stores to fill the odd wet day with shopping. Thirty minutes inland is Launceston with its Historic Castle and there is also a stunning Castle at Tintagel overlooking the sea.
The Market town of Wadebridge is forty minutes along Atlantic Highway with an excellent cycle path along the Camel Estuary to Padstow and there are two theme parks within an hour from Bude - The Milky Way (twenty minutes) which has plenty of indoor attractions on a wet day and Crealy Adventure Park (fifty minutes) just past Wadebridge.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please contact us to discuss booking our home. It is only available on the dates identified. We take a £400 non refundable deposit and final payment is expected 6 weeks prior to arrival date.
Saturday is change over day. Occupants must vacate the property by 10.00am on the day of departure and house will be available to new occupants after 3pm. If house is ready before 3pm, new guests will be contacted and told they can access the property.
Notes on prices:
£1200 per week.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“If you are looking to just turn up at a beautiful seaside town and unwind then this is just the perfect location. Hang up your car keys, forget about the work you left behind, have breakfast on the deck in the morning sun, spend all day in the invigorating Atlantic ocean or explore the footpaths and trails around the town. Then wander back down to the beach with a bottle of wine and a couple of glasses and watch the sun set after a truly spectacular day only to start it all again the next day. Days will blur and you will leave feeling refreshed and rested with salt in your veins.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Upstairs wash room with power shower and separate Jacuzzi bath tub to relax in. Upstairs Separate toilet. Downstairs Cloakroom with toilet.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master Bedroom with king size double bed with wall mounted flat screen television. Bedroom 2 with double bed. Bedroom 3 with two single beds. Bedroom 4 has a single bed. All bedrooms have wash basins and ample storage.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The house is a bright and airy family home which immediately makes you feel at ease. It close enough to everything you could possibly want but positioned away from the noise associated with the seaside town. As you lay in bed at night after a glorious day in the summer sun you will be caressed to sleep by the sound of the Atlantic surf breaking on the shore. Outside: The kitchen has Bi-Fold doors which open fully onto an external decked area over looking the protected south facing garden with rear access to the town and beach.There are outdoor tables and chairs with parasol to dine out on. There are large bean bags to relax in and enjoy the sun. There is a shed to store bikes. To the front there is a garden and plenty of street parking. Utility Room: Utility room with washing machine, tumble drier and sink to wash walking boots after a walk on nearby Dartmoor. Wash baskets, iron and ironing board provided. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Price includes linen and towels (not beach towels - please bring your own). Linen and towels are changed after a week. Property is cleaned after weekly changeover and can be cleaned mid way through a fortnightly stay. Other: Gym with state of the art cross trainer with sound system perfect for keeping in shape. There is also a space to do yoga and a step box, gym matt and light training weight balls. Room doubles as a play room with large selection of children’s toys.