House in Queyssel, Nr. Eymet, Dordogne, Aquuitaine / Dordogne, France - Tranquil Rural Location, But Within A Short Drive Or Cycle To Nearby Lauzun And Eyme
"Les Volets Rouges" is a large and comfortable family home set in quiet rural location, with lots of room indoors and out for family and friends to relax and play.
Set in 2 acres of gardens and surrounded by farm land, the house offers an informal self-catering retreat from which to enjoy the best of the Lot et Garonne and neighbouring Dordogne.
The property comprises an original and characterful building dating back nearly 100 years and an adjoining modernised portion, all of which offers comfortable accommodation for 10 guests, and up to 12 by special arrangement.
Principle accommodation sleeps 10 guests in 4 x twin bedded rooms and 1 x double-bedded room.
A large kitchen and 3 meter oak table provides indoor dining facilities whilst the 2 shady garden patios allow for al-fresco eating too.
Having served as a family holiday home for 40 years, there's a charming and relaxed character to the property that immediately puts guests at ease and ready to enjoy a stress-free holiday, relaxing in the gardens, visiting local villages and markets or just taking it easy by the pool.
Given its rural location, a car is recommended - rental companies are based at nearby Bergerac international airport.
Top Traveller Review
Ideal for a great family hoiday
Peter, Dorota and family.
About the Owner
2 holidaymaker reviews
Ideal for a great family hoiday
As a family of 10 (7 adults and 3 children) we found Les Volets Rouge to be the ideal place for a great family holiday. The house was spacious, comfortable, very well equipped and full or character. We particulary enjoyed the huge gardens and pool area, where we spent most of our days having fun in the pool, relaxing and eating. The property is surrounded by plenty of mature trees which provided ample shady places away from the hot summer sun. It's in a very quiet location with some lovely nearby villages and towns to explore.
Peter, Dorota and family.
Beautifully picturesque, spacious and rambling...
A week at Les Volets Rouge was the prefect antidote to the stresses of working life at home in England and gave us the opportunity to enjoy the company of a large group of our friends. We only wished it had been a month.
The house is beautifully picturesque, spacious and rambling, with comfortable nooks for every mood and requirement.
The spacious and well kept gardens and the orchard are a delight, allowing us to wander and explore, soak up the sun around the pool and eat outside in a variety of choice spots on different lawns and terraces: - enough space for our friends all to be together or do their own thing without leaving the grounds.
Idyllic, relaxing and near enough to charming and historic local towns for a quick trip to fetch the breakfast croissants, visit the markets or eat out in the evening, but far enough away to be entirely tranquil.
Enough WiFi and phone coverage to be connected when necessary, but not too much so as to be troubled by either.
We are looking forward to returning to this special place.
Jamie & Hanne
Activity and Interests
The glorious beaches of Archachon are only 2 hours drive away
Bergerac airport is 20 km / 30 minutes away
Bordeaux airport is 10 km to west, accessible within 1.5 hours.
A hard days drive from Calais (15 hours) or Le Havre (10 hours) by road.
Nearest rail terminal at Miramont
Wine regions & gastronomy
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
All enquiries and bookings made directly with Marc Smith.
Non-returnable deposit of 20% required to secure booking, with full payment taken 8 weeks prior to holiday.
The Property will be offered cleaned and with fresh bed linen & pool towels.
In addition to the rental, we charge a Change-Over fee of £150 to cover fresh bed linen, pool towels and house cleaning on arrival. Additional cleaning and laundry service during your stay is available at additional cost - please make this request at tim of booking.
Rentals run from Saturday to Saturday.
Due to the size of the house, the change-over & cleaning takes up to 6 hours to complete.
Accordingly, we invite incoming guests can take the property from 16.00 on the day of arrival and out-going guests are requested to vacate by 10.00 to allow time for cleaning and any maintenance.
Should your arrival in Queyssel be a little earlier, you are welcome to use the pool and garden whilst the house is made ready for your stay.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bedroom 1 has an en-suite bath / shower and w.c Bedroom 2 has an en-suite shower and w.c Family bath room & shower with w.c serves bedrooms 3 and 4. Family shower and w.c serves bedrooms 5 and 6 Separate downstairs w.c
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12 (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1. Twin room with bathroom en-suite. Bedroom 2. Twin room with shower en-suite. Bedroom 3. Twin room. Bedroom 4. Double room. Bedroom 5. Twin room. Bedroom 6. Twin room.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The house offers comfortable and characterful accommodation on three floor levels, accessible directly from exterior doors at ground level or above via internal staircases. The house is old and the stairs creak a bit, but safe if tackled with respect. Plenty of room indoors if necessary, but this is a house particularly suited to enjoying out-door living. Outside: 2 acres of gardens and grounds, including fence-guarded swimming pool area. Several terraces and garden spaces for eating and drinking, with a large area set under the shade of a tall lime tree for long and relaxing lunchtime meals protected from the sun. Barbecue facilities available. Hammocks and easy chairs, badminton and croquet sets, boules-piste and games room with table tennis table and table-football. Fishing and boating on the nearby Lot river. Utility Room: Laundry facilities include Washing and Drying machines, Ironing facilities. Fridge Freezer NB There is no 'mains drainage' and so these washing facilities should be used sparingly. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Fresh bath & pool towels and bed-linen are included in the rental price. Linen change can be provided as requested at additional cost. Weekly cleaning included in rental price, with additional cleaning service available at additional cost if requested.