Cottage in Wingfield, Diss, South Norfolk, Norfolk, England - Peaceful Village Location On The Norfolk/Suffolk Border
Set in quintessential English countryside, The Old Post Office cottage is full of character. Beautifully furnished with traditional features but all the mod cons. In the heart of the historic village of Wingfield this property is perfect for anyone wishing to explore all parts of Norfolk and Suffolk. The village even has it's own moated Castle, Wingfield Castle which has a beautiful walk around the boundary. The cottage is very well equipped for families with young children. Plenty of toys in kids lounge area, separate TV with DVD, trampoline and table tennis all available. Enclosed garden with seating and barbecue area.
For the adults, a separate lounge with wood burning stove, plenty of beams and a kitchen with large AGA and seating for 8.
About the Owner
About Nicky Ammon
Nicky & Steve have owned The Old Post Office Cottage for three years. They lovingly use it with their five year old son Max as a holiday home when school and work allow!
Nicky Ammon purchased this cottage in 2012
Why Nicky Ammon chose Suffolk
Less than 2.5 hours from London, the cottage is the perfect get away. Rural location but in easy reach of the coast, broads and numerous tourist attractions it's perfect for us as a family - something nearby for everyone!
From the Owner
“Less than 2.5 hours from London, the cottage is the perfect get away. Rural location but in easy reach of the coast, broads and numerous tourist attractions it's perfect for us as a family - something nearby for everyone!”
Activity and Interests
The pretty seaside towns of Southwold, Walberswick, Dunwich & Aldeburgh all within 30/45 minutes drive. Norfolk broads and North Norfolk Coastline approximately one hour away.
Stanstead airport is probably the nearest airport approximately one and a half hours drive. There is a train station in the nearby town of Diss (10 min drive) that goes to Norwich or Liverpool Street.
The best way to get to the cottage is by car. Once you are there there are lots of cycle routes.
Harleston and Eye are the nearest towns and are approximately five miles away. Ipswich and Norwich are about a 45 minute drive.
Places of interest only 30 minutes away include Southwold and Aldeburgh, Thetford Forest, Framlingham (Castle), Banham Zoo, Great Yarmouth.
There is a fantastic pub in the village which serves food daily and a convenience store with long hours situated in the neighbouring village of Fressingfield which is two miles away. Wonderful delicatessens, butchers and antiques can be found in the neighbouring towns of Harleston & Eye. The famous 'Fox and Goose' pub is only two miles away. Definitely worth a visit for a stunning meal.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
At booking we charge 50% of the fee as well as £100 refundable deposit. The balance is then payable four weeks prior to booking. Bank transfer or cheque are our preferred methods of payment. Minimum 7 day booking.
Friday is the preferred day for seven day changeovers. We try to be flexible off peak.
Notes on prices:
We have aimed to keep our prices as simple as possible, we hope you appreciate that. Weekend rates are available on request.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Downstairs has an en-suite bathroom to bedroom 2 with shower. There is a family bathroom with bath/shower upstairs.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with King Size Bed (upstairs) Bedroom 2 with Queen Bed (downstairs) Bedroom 3 with Bunk Bed (upstairs) Bedroom 4 with Single Bed (plus Mezzanine level with single mattress if required) All bedrooms have hanging/drawer space Hairdryer in BR1
- Notes on accommodation: Large split-level (one step) beamed living room with wood-burning stove, French doors and oak floor. Large kitchen/dining room with Aga (for cooking), double French doors, beams and tiled floor. Utility. Double bedroom with tiled floor and en-suite shower room with toilet. First floor: Double bedroom with 5ft bed and wooden floor. Bunk bedroom. Single bedroom. Bathroom with shower attachment, toilet and wooden floor. Outside: Beautiful enclosed garden with outdoor seating and large 4 burner barbecue. Parking for 3 x cars in front drive, Cart Lodge, Trampoline Utility Room: The cart lodge has Tumble Dryer (in outbuilding) and is also used as a wet weather option for Table Tennis! Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Electricity, full oil central heating, bed linen and towels included Other: Kids Lounge: There is a kids lounge with Sofa's, Freeview TV, DVD, Games & Toys and a separate area with two further sofa's. Boot Room - Separate boot room to hang all coats and store all wellies!