Cottage in Ludlow, Shropshire, England - Peaceful Location In A Rural Setting
Set in the grounds of our 16th century cottage Berries is a recently built single bedroom cottage with it's own patio garden and private parking. Berries is an ideal base from which to explore Shropshire and the Welsh Marches. The local area has a history which stretches back to Neolithic times with a well preserved hilltop settlement close by. Local churches have early Norman features and are built from local Clee Hill granite which was also used to build Cardiff Docks. Further afield the Welsh Marches offer unlimited sightseeing opportunities. A variety of small towns where time seems to have stood still, unrivaled views over the Mid Welsh hills, bird-watching, walking or cycling.
The Ironbridge World Heritage Site and Museums are accessible by car or public transport from Ludlow. This complex of actual sites and museums record the birth of the industrial revolution with the Iron Bridge as it’s centerpiece.
To the South the apple orchards of Hereford and Worcester produce local cider, also English wine and interesting local beers. Music lovers may be interested to visit the Birthplace of Edward Elgar near Worcester and follow the Elgar Trail. The National Trust Properties at Croft Castle and Berrington Hall are close by. Stokesay Castle, an original fortified Manor House is a short drive away. The whole area is dotted with castles in various states of ruin or repair, the legacy of Feudal times but sometimes brought up to date as at Powis, now a National Trust Property, where Clive of India made his home and where this most famous of gardens, open to the public, is situated.
In all the area has a great deal to offer throughout the year. A holiday in Shropshire is an ideal way to rest and recharge the batteries in Winter, Spring and Autumn. In Summer the country gives its best reflecting all that is fine in the English Countryside.
Top Traveller Review
Wonderful little cottage
About the Owner
About Peter Drew
Peter Drew purchased this cottage in 2015
Why Peter Drew chose Shropshire
(1 traveller reviews)
Wonderful little cottage
What a lovely little cottage. Very well equipt. With everything you would need for a perfect holiday. Lovely and clean and in a perfect location to travel around the different surrounding area's. The host's made us feel very welcome and comfortable. We would definitely return.
From the Owner
Activity and Interests
Berries is aproximately an hour and a quarter from Birmingham airport and the motorway network.
There is a train station in Ludlow with connectuions to Shrewsbury, Hereford, Manchester and South Wales. A bus service also connects Ludlow to these locations.
A Park and Ride Scheme operates in Ludlow.
There is no public transport available between Berries and Ludlow. A car is essential for visitors to Berries.
Ludlow - 4 m
Leominster - 12 m
Ironbridge and Telford 26 m
Shrewsbury - 30 m
Hereford - 30 m
Welsh Coast - 50 m
Ludlow is a medieval town, the Capital of the Marches with many historical features including a Castle and fine Georgian facades.
The town is noted for its Antique Shops and
Sunday Flea Market
Ludlow is accessible by car in approx. 10 minutes.
There are Public Houses nearby that serve meals
Pony trekking is available in the nearby Mortimer Forest. Walking is accessible from the front door.
We are close to the Market Towns of Leominster and Tenbury Wells.
We have a small flock of geese together with ducks and chickens in the paddock. New laid eggs are usually available from our own hens
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Full payment is required 2 weeks prior to your stay. A deposit of £25 is required to confirm the booking if made more than 2 weeks ahead of your arrival date. Payment can be made by cheque or bank transfer.
Our changover day is Saturday.
Arrival Time 3pm
Departure Time 10am
Notes on prices:
See the owners' website for details of pricing. Special offers/price reductions also available from time to time. In season short breaks, required more than 3 weeks in advance of booking date, can sometimes be accommodated. Please contact owners, via their website.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom with bath/shower over, basin and WC.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: Double bedroom, walk in wardrobe and bathroom.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Berries is all on one level with easy access from the car parking area. Open plan longe/kitchen/dining. Welcome basket. It's as good as it looks on the photographs! Sorry, no pets or smoking. Outside: Berries has its own patio garden with table and chairs and sun umbrella. The garden is situated alongside one of our paddocks that is populated with our mixed flock of chickens, ducks and geese. A barbeque can be provided if required. Our guests can also take advantage of our private woodland that is situated a few steps away from the property where they may enjoy woodland walks and seats from which to admire the scenery. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and bed linen, tablecloths and kitchen towels are included in the price and will be changed weekly for longer bookings. Other: The lounge leads through into a conservatory that looks onto the patio garden and over one of our paddocks. The conservatory is equipped with occasional tables, and chairs and is heated for year round comfort.