House in Laurens, Nr. Beziers, Herault, Languedoc-Roussillon, France - Peaceful Location Close To Beautiful Beaches, Rivers, Lakes & Mountains
Laurens is situated off the D909 between Béziers & Bédarieux. In the heart of the village of Laurens, this newly renovated house is perfectly situated for exploring the vibrant Languedoc-Roussillon countryside and Mediterranean coastline. With its own pool, enclosed garden, covered and open terraces for dining, and modern conveniences throughout, this is an ideal holiday retreat for those looking for relaxation and comfort. The village of Laurens is nestled amongst beautiful vineyards and is within easy reach of many exciting tourist destinations. Béziers, Montpellier, Carcassonne and Nîmes are just a few of the towns worth visiting, as well as Barcelona, which can be reached by car in around 2 1/2 hours. All the necessary amenities can be found in the village, including a cafe / bar, restaurant, tapas bar/restaurant, bakery, butchers, grocery store, doctors and chemist, karting track with restaurant. Restaurants and supermarkets in Magalas, 5 minutes away by car.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Beautiful sandy beaches at Serignan, Portaraigne, Valras & Vias all within 30/45 minute drive from village.
Nearest Airport : Beziers Cap d'Agde at 26 Kilometres
Nearest Ferry : Rosscoff & Cherbourg at 700 Kilometres
Nearest Train : Beziers at 20 Kilometres
Nearest Motorway : A9 at Beziers at 20 Kilometres
Local grocery shop, also serving teas & coffee, is open most weekdays both in the morning & in the evening as well as Sunday morning to midday but is closed on Monday. Pizza/hamburger shop is open on most weekdays both in the morning & evening. Boulangerie sells bread, croissants etc. Butcher, second boulangerie & tabac press (newspapers, cigarettes etc) road). Phil’s Pizza van is in the village square on Friday & Sunday evenings from 6pm – 10pm. Café/bar for drinks & coffee. Major shopping can be done Monday to Saturday in Intermarché or Aldi in Magalas (5 minutes in the road towards Beziers). Also very good shopping in Bedarieux (10 minutes by car) where Intermarché is open on Sunday morning also Carrefour, Lidl etc in Bedarieux. Lots of shopping in Pezenas, Beziers, Narbonne etc. EATING OUT: Excalibur is a good bar/bistro in Magalas village & is open till midnight if you want a reasonable meal for a reasonable price. Abbaye Sylva Plana is a top class restaurant in Laurens serving tapas lunch Monday to Saturday & quality meals at evening on Thursday/Friday/Saturday. Karting club just outside village on road to Bedarieux is also good for meals as well as karting fun for adults & teens. Chateau de Grezan thro’ vineyards at end of street is worth a visit for wine tasting. L’Artichaud by roundabout at top of main street in Herepian (10 minutes direction Bedarieux) is a good bar/bistro & food is half-price every evening between 6.30 & 7.30. Paul & Isla Gordon (next door to Sylva Plana) do a Sizzling Sarabande Sunday evening where you can eat “sausage & beans” & taste their quality wines while seated in their garden. Campsite amenity l’Oliverai one can book for evening bistro type pizza, grillade, paella etc (cheap!)
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£446|
25% payable at time of booking, 75% payable at 6 weeks prior to arrival date together with a refundable security deposit of €500 which will be returned 2 weeks after departure date if no significant damage or breakages are noted & the house is left in a reasonable state of cleanliness & tidiness. If the house is left unclean &/or untidy, a deduction will be taken from the security deposit to cover the cost of cleaning.
Changeover day is Saturday. Arrival time 4pm (16h00), departure time 10am (10h00)
Notes on prices:
All currency transactions are in Euro
25% on booking, balance of 75% plus refundable security deposit €500 payable 6 weeks before arrival date
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom with shower, wc & washbasin to bedroom 1. En-suite bathroom with bath/shower over, wc & washbasin to bedroom 2. Shared bathroom with shower, wc & washbasin for bedrooms 3/4/5. External shower with enclosed wc & washbasin for pool area.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12 ( 5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Bedroom 2 with double bed. Bedroom 3 with double bed plus double futon. bedroom 4 with double bed. Bedroom 5 with double bed plus single futon
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Spacious accommodation catering for 10/12 people including children. Large private sunny garden & terraces to the rear with own pool, incorporating shaded areas & abri for those who like to take a break from the sun. Outside: Street parking for two cars outside the house, with other street parking further down the street. Large private sunny garden & terraces to the rear with own pool which measures 8 metres x 4 metres with Roman steps. Many shaded areas & abri for those who like to take a break from the sun. Large number of sunbeds, with parasols, roller blinds. Numerous tables & chairs outside on the lower terrace/patio as well as in the garden for dining outdoors. Large stone-built BBQ as well as free-standing BBQ. Utility Room: Washing machine off entrance hall Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels & linen are provided. Property is to be left in the same clean condition as it was on arrival when being vacated Other: Large sunny garden at rear with 8mx4m pool, plenty of tree-shaded areas & large abri at rear of garden, stone-built BBQ as well as free-standing BBQ. Sunbeds, parasols, & roller blinds. Tables & chairs in lower terrace/patio & garden for eating outside.