The Byre is a tastefully converted detached barn with accommodation on one level for 4 - 6 people. It has its own large private garden with panoramic views of the countryside. There are 2 double bedrooms, each with en suite facilities, and a separate area with 2 adult-sized (3') bunk beds. There is a compact, well-equipped kitchen and splendid large dining/living room with original features including open fire, exposed stone walls and pitched roof. here is a large wide-screen TV with SKY, and DVD player and WiFi. The kitchen and dining room have wonderful views of the countryside.
Uppertown Farm Cottages
The Byre and The Hayloft at Uppertown Farm (non working) are in a secluded position on the edge of the village of Birchover in the Peak District National Park. Just a stroll from the village along a quiet country lane, they command splendid views over rolling countryside, with bridle ways going right past the door. The use of a tennis court and the added benefit of two village pubs.
The Byre is a tastefully converted detached barn with accommodation on one level for 4 - 6 people with it's own large private garden. There are 2 double bedrooms, each with en suite facilities, and a separate area with 2 adult-sized (3') bunk beds. There is a compact, well-equipped kitchen and splendid large dining/living room with original features including open fire, exposed stone walls and pitched roof.
The Hayloft is a small apartment for two on the upper floor of a barn. The accommodation is all on one level, with a compact, well-equipped kitchen with breakfast bar. The kitchen leads through to the spacious sitting/bedroom which has a double bed, sofa, TV and DVD.
The Byre and The Hayloft at Uppertown Farm are ideally based for you to explore the beauty of the area, its landscapes and history with some stunning country house nearby, like Chatsworth and Haddon Hall and famous beauty spots including Dove Dale, Lathkill Dale and Monsal Dale.
About the Owner
About Shelley Littlewood
Why Shelley Littlewood chose Derbyshire
All enquiries to Shelley Littlewood quoting The Byre, Uppertown Farm
01629 733838 / 07813 797749
Deposit (non-refundable) required to secure booking, either by cheque or bank transfer. No cards. Balance due 1 month before arrival, or total fee if booking within this period. On receipt of balance, detailed directions and key code information will be sent.
SEE OUR WEBSITE FOR FULL DETAILS (link below)
Bookings are per week from 2pm on Saturday until 10am the following Saturday, unless otherwise agreed in advance.
Short breaks are available, min. 3 nights. Please enquire
Christmas is a full week, but dates negotiable.
From the Owner
Activity and Interests
The Byre and Hayloft are a short 10 minute stroll along a quiet country lane from the village of Birchover.
It is 5 miles from Bakewell and 6 miles from Matlock.
In the village are 2 old inns serving good quality food, and a children's playground.
Access for walking into open countryside direct from the door.
Cycling from the property or nearby High Peak and Tissington cycle trails (former railway lines - no hills!). Several cycle hire places in and around Bakewell.
Nearby stately homes of Chatsworth and Haddon Hall.
Plenty to amuse children locally - see our website for details and many other links.Distances:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bedroom 1 has en-suite bathroom with bath, sink and wc. Bedroom 2 has en-suite bathroom with shower, sink and wc.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, Bedroom 2 with double bed. Separate area off hallway with 2 bunk beds.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The property is heated by an efficient gas central heating system. An initial supply of wood is provided for the open fire and, in winter, a bucket of coal. More of either can be purchased on request. A high chair is available, also a cot and mattress but not cot bedding. Outside: When staying at The Byre you have use of a large private garden which has garden furniture and a BBQ as well as stunning views to enjoy. A private tennis court is available on the property with tennis rackets and balls provided. There is storage for bicycles in a barn. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The tariff includes duvets, bed-linen and towels, also tea towels and cloths for the kitchen. The property is cleaned and bed-linen changed weekly, following departure.