Villa in Le Rouret, Alpes Maritimes, Provence-Alpes-Cote DAzur, France - Set on a hill at 400m above sea level in peaceful area with fabulous views along 60km of Cote d'Azur
Situated on an ancient Roman campsite, a few minutes off the main road from Nice to Grasse, this beautifully restored traditional villa has far-reaching views over the peaceful surrounding countryside and 60km of coastline. The open-plan design of the house allows the gentle breeze to flow throughout the house, while the covered terraces shelter guests from the midday sun. The gardens are well stocked with local plants and trees and are floodlit at night. Next to the old cottage is an ancient corn threshing area which is now used for car parking. In winter the house is heated by radiators and there is a large log fire in the sitting room.
About the Owner
We live in London with our 2 young children and 3 grown-up children nearby. We try to spend as much of the school holiday in France but invariably other commitments prevent us from doing so. We have decided to rent our home as it seems crazy to leave such a lovely place unappreciated.
From the Owner
“The house is set on a hill at 400m above sea level in a quiet and peaceful area with fabulous views along 60kms of coastline. Up in the hills, away from the crowds of the Cote d’Azur you can choose to dip down into the action at any time. With both sea and mountains nearby, there is something for everyone. The proximity to Greoulieres / Isola 2000 for skiing as well as Italy, Monaco, St. Tropez – all approx. an hour’s drive from the house as well as the flight connections into Nice airport, only 30 mins away make the house very user-friendly. The open-plan design of the house allows the gentle breeze to flow throughout the house ensuring you never get too hot.”
Activity and Interests
Closest beaches are at Juan-les-Pins and Antibes, some twenty-five minutes away (depending on the season).
Jet and water skiing is available at Juan-les-Pins and Cannes (thirty-five minutes away)
There are some good restaurants at the beach in Cannes. Vega Luna is a favourite.
Nice airport is 30 mins away.
A car is essential.
Cannes Seafront 26 kms
Nice 28 kms
Mougins 12.9 kms
Valbonne 6.3 kms
St Paul de Vence 8.6 kms
St Tropez 98.4 kms
Antibes 22 kms
Grasse 10 kms
Monte Carlo 52 kms
Valbonne, Biot, Mougins, St Paul de Vence, Grasse and Bar-sur-Loup are local to the area and within easy reach. Nice, Cannes, Juan-les-Pins and Cap Ferrat are within thirty minutes and Eze, Monaco and St Tropez are within 90 minutes.
There are numerous other medieval towns in the area. A visit to the Friday local market at Valbonne is a must, but equally appealing is the market in Nice and Cannes and the truffle festival at Le Rouret is a mecca for truffle lovers.
Michelin-starred restaurants in the area include Le Clos St Pierre in Le Rouret, Lou Cigalon in Valbonne and Bastide St-Antoine in Grasse.
Le Colombe d’Or in St Paul de Vence is immensely popular.
For classic French food but not so formal, the local L’Oree d’Opio comes recommended and the new Bistro du Clos (sister restaurant to Le Clos St Pierre) in the village is excellent.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 5 Nov 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
6 Nov 2016 - 1 Jan 2017
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
New Year's Eve
30 Dec 2016 - 1 Jan 2017
3 night minimum stay
1 Jul 2017 - 2 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£3,000|
* 12 hrs weekly cleaning
* Electricity – up to €150 per week
* Weekly pool maintenance
* Garden maintenance
* Satellite TV
* ADSL broadband wireless internet access
* Final cleaning – maximum of 5 hours
To make a booking, please contact owner with your preferred dates for rental. A booking will be secured when the owner has received a completed booking form, which will form the contract, and a 50% deposit. Balance due 8 weeks before rental starts.
Generally changeover day is Saturday.
This is negotiable out of season.
50% deposit due to secure booking. Balance is due 8 weeks prior to arrival. Security deposit due day before arrival.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Many properties in this part of France have swimming pools away from the house (which usually involve steps). Ours is on the same level as the living areas, which allows the pool to be the central activity and children can always be in your sight. Having a staff couple living on site, means that they are on hand to help as much or as little as you need. 12 hours per week of cleaning is included in rental fees but they can also provide additional housekeeping, cooking, airport pick-ups and drop-offs, transport to and from restaurants, babysitting, massage and beauty therapy which means that you can RELAX and enjoy your holiday. This isn’t just a rental property, it is our home… set up for families… we think we have thought of pretty much everything to make your stay as comfortable as poss”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Provence - bath & separate shower Africa - wet room with bath & separate shower Arizona - adobe bath/shower Morocco - shower room India - bath & separate shower Thailand - bath/shower Downstairs - wc Pool hut - wc & shower
- 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 16 (7 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Six en-suite bedrooms decorated with international theme: Provence - SK double & private terrace Africa - SK double / twin Arizona - K double / twin Morocco - K double / twin India - SK double / twin Thailand - K double / twin Playroom - 4 x bunks
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: There is broadband wi-fi throughout the house and pool hut. Outside: In addition to the dining room and adjacent terrace, meals can be served under the shade of the pool hut (marble table seats 10/12) or the terrace overlooking the sea view (glass table seats 8/10), which also doubles as a wonderful place for evening cocktails (sofa and floor cushions). The grounds are extensively lit for parties and al fresco dining at night which creates a memorable ambiance. The 14x6m swimming pool has an electric pool cover for safety. Filtration is via a salt system instead of chlorine. Heating is available as an additional cost. The pool hut has a covered terrace with a dining table which comfortably sits 10 people. There is also a small shower-room with a loo. Other facilities include table tennis, badminton, trampoline and a boules pitch. Gardens are maintained by the caretaker featuring mature flowerbeds providing lots of colour and lawns give children plenty of space to roam. Utility Room: Separate utility room includes: 2 x large washing machines, iron & ironing board Hoover & general cleaning equipment Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Line, bath & swimming towels included - changed once a week. 2 pillows / 1 duvet Laundry is included in the price of the rental. Additional linen and mid-week changes can be available. Maid service - 12 hours per week (2 hrs x 6 days) Other: Dining-room - entire windowed wall folds back so it becomes part of the garden in summer, giving the choice of eating at the dining table, which seats 12 comfortably, or under the adjacent terrace with larger table that seats twenty.