House in Pett Level, Between Rye & Hastings, Sussex, England
A comfortable, well-loved family beach house, with fantastic sea views and 3 double-bedrooms, beautifully situated between a nature reserve and a beautiful undeveloped beach.
Through the front door a hallway with plenty of storage and coat hooks takes you into an upside down living space, with two double bedrooms and a family bathroom on the ground floor.
On the upper floor the living room and dining room look out over the garden to sea views beyond. There is sliding windows that take you out onto the balcony with tables and chairs for alfresco dinning.
The master bedroom with en-suite, on the top floor has sliding doors that lead out onto the balcony that overlooks the beach. With a kingsize bed and egyptian cotton bedding you can lie in bed and hear the sea.
The second bedroom on the ground floor has a super-kingsize bed with bedside tables and lamps. The wooden blinds and the ground floor position offer a perfect night's sleep. With considerable cupboard and hanging space.
The third bedroom also on the ground floor has ample storage, and the double bed can be unzipped and turned into two single beds if preferred.
A utility room with washing machine, dryer and freezer is also situated on the ground floor.
The small but fully equipped kitchen has views back over the nature reserve and hills.
At the end of the secluded back garden, a gate leads directly on to the tidal pebble and sand beach. It is always quiet even on the busiest of bank holiday weekends.
A 3 mile walk along the seawall takes you to Winchelsea Beach and Rye Harbour beyond, in one direction. A strenuous 6 mile walk through Hastings Country Park or along the beach when the tide is out takes you to Hastings in the other.
The beach beneath the sandstone and clay cliffs is great for fossil hunters. Among the finds have been dinosaur bones and footprints, plus crocodile and turtle bones and freshwater sharks' teeth.
The garden offers a raised wooden sun terrace to make the most of the afternoon and early evening sun, while the morning sun bathes the balcony.
There is parking for two cars on the forecourt.
Top Traveller Review
Fantastic in every way.
About the Owner
Hi Leanne and I live in London and use the beach house regularly.
We work in TV production and interior design.
We have 4 children ranging from 12 to 17 years old and we have had many memorable family holidays on Pett Level.
1 holidaymaker review
Fantastic in every way.
We have just returned from a fabulous week at this property. The house couldn't be better equipped and felt welcoming and comfortable with great touches made to make us feel at home. The property was very clean and well maintained with great attention to detail. We were very grateful for the milk, eggs and bottle of wine left for us. Prior to our arrival the owner had communicated really well and responded quickly to my inquiry. Detailed information about the house and local area was received and was very helpful. Excellent continued communication made our arrangements very easy and hassle free. We made the most of the beach accessed from the end of the back garden and also visited a number of local towns and attractions. Three generations of my family were very well catered for in the accommodation and entertained for our entire break. Thank you so much for a wonderful week.
From the Owner
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
With many beach and cliff paths plus a wildlife sanctuary on all sides this is a perfect place for a walking holiday.
This property is on the beach.
Rye railway station is 7km and is on the mainline from St Pancras, London. It is approx 90 mins from London on the train.
Gatwick airport is 100km.
Small local supermarket is at Winchlesea- 3km
Beach pub is less than 100m
Rye is a small town in East Sussex, England, which stands approximately two miles from the open sea and is at the confluence of three rivers: the Rother, the Tillingham and the Brede. In medieval times, however, as an important member of the Cinque Ports confederation, it was at the head of an embayment of the English Channel and almost entirely surrounded by the sea.
Hastings is a town and borough in the county of East Sussex, within the historic county of Sussex, on the south coast of England. The town is located 24 mi (39 km) east of the county town of Lewes and 53 mi (85 km) south east of London, and has an estimated population of 86,900, which makes it the 66th largest settlement in the United Kingdom.
Historically Hastings can claim fame through its connection with the Norman conquest of England and because it became one of the medieval Cinque Ports. Hastings was, for centuries, an important fishing port; although nowadays less important, it still has the largest beach-based fishing fleet in England. The town became a watering place in the 1760s, and then, with the coming of the railway, a seaside resort.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
October Half Term
22 Oct 2016 - 29 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Christmas & New Year
16 Dec 2016 - 3 Jan 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
Please send an email to ask for availability.
A 50% deposit should be paid to confirm a booking and the balance paid 28 days before arrival.
Friday is the preferred change over day.
50% deposit of booking fee on booking.
Strict non refundable on cancellation.
£200 security deposit for damages & breakages.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- A family bathroom with over bath shower is on the ground floor. The second bathroom with shower is on the top floor and ensuite to the master bedroom.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: The upstairs master bedroom has a king size bed and access to the balcony with sea views. The downstairs second bedroom has a super kingsize bed with bedside tables and lamps. The third bedroom has ample storage, and either a double or two single beds .
- Golf ...
- Outside: A beautiful links garden with raised sun platform. The balcony leads directly from the living room and dinning room on the upper floor. Pett Level is a small, peaceful seaside village, and is situated on the coast between Rye and Hastings. It lies alongside the western end of a sea defense wall, built in the 1940's, along which one can walk, giving wonderful views of the sea, beach and cliffs. Cliff End can be reached by foot and at low tide it is possible to see the stumps of ancient trees that are part of a fossilised forest dating back to the last Ice Age. Pett Level marks the end of the Royal Military Canal which runs for 28 miles to Hythe. This was built as a defense against the possible invasion by Napoleon. The nearby Pett Pools are large shallow lakes and reedbeds which attract an enormous variety of both breeding and overwintering wildfowl and waterbirds. Utility Room: A utility room with washing machine, dryer and freezer is on the ground floor Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels, linen and bedding are supplied, fresh and clean for every let. Other: Meals can be taken outside on the balcony or the dinning room which is part of an open plan living room. There is parking for two cars on the forecourt.